Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 1, 2019 1:52 PM

Oct 2013
So I’m seeing Mika in the center (background) of the new poster for this season, what are everyone’s thoughts on this ? Personally, I would have guessed that they learned more about how her character basically flopped S2 but I guess not. I think taking Akane out & leaving Mika was a bad move since the problem didn’t lie with her. What does anyone think ?
Oct 1, 2019 3:39 PM
Mar 2019
Are Mika was Enforcer now in S3? not sure
Oct 2, 2019 8:12 AM

Nov 2013
Mika is indeed a bad character imo. But I don't know whether japan hates her or not. Regarding the choice to make her the main, I could think up some theories.

1)The writer (Ubukata) feels more comfortable to write the story with his own characters as main (Mika did come in s1 but her character was written in s2). He is not sure what to do with characters written by Urobuchi, that's why you don't see Ginoza or Yayoi in key visual too. S1 characters are still listed in credit but maybe they will be side characters.

2)First key visual seem to pander to fujo. They need a female lead that won't disturb the delusion of fujo about 2 men's relationship. An annoying woman is impossible to be a love interest threat so it would satisfy the fujo.

3)Even if Mika is a bad character, she is voiced by Sakura Ayane (HeroAca's Uraraka). Akane's VA (Hanazawa) is a big name herself but she's now in her 30s. Young and rising Ayane's name would be better for marketing.

Just some possibilities I could think up. Most likely very very wrong though lol. Only the production team knows about the reason behind their decision.
Oct 2, 2019 1:21 PM
Mar 2019
I don't really think Mika is a bad character. Am I the only one who likes the fact that she's loud, rude and self-centered?
She's not bland or boring to watch at all. Her giving the other characters a hard time is conflict. That's what I want to see as an audience member. (:

Mika made poor choices under certain influences during S2 to protect her own butt. She's a coward, she knows it, and deals with the guilt.That's interesting. It makes me want to see what will happen to her this time around.
Oct 2, 2019 8:20 PM
May 2018
It's been a long time since I watched season 2, so I don't remember Mika very well, but I remember that a didn't like her as a "person", but as character, she may be something interesting. Not every character in a show has to be "a hero", so the fact that Mika was someone misserable, a coward or whatever you might say, it is indeed realistic. And if we can see an argument between Mika and Kougami... that might be somethinf very interesting. Please, don't dissapoint me (again).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2019

168 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 15, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2019

151 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 11, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2019

130 by venbals »»
Jan 19, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2019

70 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 29, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2019

85 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 28, 2023 6:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.