Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 23, 2008 2:30 PM

Mar 2008
I suppose this isnt the most creative topic, but, of the two ideas what do you prefer? Aoi with Tatsuma, or with Kisaragi? o.O I can't personally decide myself, but I think Kisaragi probably should have her, though the last two eps with Tatsuma were cute too x_x
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 11, 2008 10:34 PM

Jul 2008
I prefer Aoi with Tatsuma.

Oct 15, 2008 8:43 AM

Oct 2007
I like Tatsuma+Kyouichi....
Just kidding I like Tatsuma and Aoi too ^^
Nov 5, 2008 7:57 PM

Oct 2008
Tatsuma x Undead Girl
> Aoi x Kisaragi
Dec 8, 2008 4:06 PM

Dec 2008
Meh...

I liked Tatsuma with Sayo the best, but I guess Tatsuma and Aoi would be my second choice.
Feb 16, 2009 1:08 AM
Feb 2009
well any of the two is good to be paired with aio they both like a knight in shining armor and they were really cool but i think the best for aio is still TATSUMA...
Apr 30, 2009 12:07 AM

Mar 2009
...I love the pairing of Tatsuma and Aoi!!! definitely!!! i wish they'd ended up together..
May 4, 2009 5:18 AM
Apr 2009
Kyouichi/Aoi- They are perfect for each other, because they are complete opposites! (Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho: Tou 2nd Act Ep 10)
Dec 24, 2009 12:35 AM

Dec 2009
I don't get into the character pairings, and I'm not one for romance, but I didn't get the impression that Aoi and Tatsuma were into each other like that. They were close because they're so similar - both are quiet, respectful, and have huge, open hearts. Aoi had a crush on Tatsuma for a time, I think, after they shared their past scars, but you can tell it dwindled. I see a close friendship, built on empathy and understanding, but not a romantic relationship.

As for poor Kisaragi, I don't think Aoi would be romantically involved with him. It's tragic because Kisaragi really does pine for her, but it's definitely not reciprocated, in that manner anyhow. Kisaragi's attachment to Aoi is deep and rather psychological, and it's one of the reasons I like him so much. It's sad.

In my opinion and judging from the character development within the anime, Aoi and Kyouichi belong together. They clearly have feelings for each other, as mixed as they may be, and I feel that each is exactly what the other needs. Aoi needs to toughen up and realize the world isn't all rainbows and gumdrops, and Kyouichi needs that settled gentleness and to let his guard down. Opposites attract, after all.
Mar 7, 2010 11:46 AM

Dec 2009
I toght Tatsuma and Aoi should be together. <3
Would you rather be a human, neko, an animal, or something else?

Me: I choose to be neko!!!
May 1, 2010 11:22 AM

Jan 2010
Lol, I wonder if I'm the only one who likes Kyouchi with Anko.

Anyway, though I feel sorry for Kisaragi, I think Tatsuma suits her better.
Aug 24, 2010 11:59 AM

Apr 2010
In the game, Aoi would go best with Kisaragi. He's eternal devotion is kind of implication and something that can turn into a budding romance. But for the anime, I don't like her with Tatsuma. Like hlwar, I see her with Kyouichi, or maybe it's because of my fan girlish desire to be with Tatsuma, I refuse to see any pairings, including Aoi, with him. xD

/is shot
Aug 24, 2010 12:18 PM

Dec 2009
Faint-Dream said:
In the game, Aoi would go best with Kisaragi. He's eternal devotion is kind of implication and something that can turn into a budding romance.

Oooh! Is there really implications of Kisaragi pining for Aoi in the game, too? I was under the impression Kisaragi was not at all a major character, and (just like in the manga) had pretty much no involvement with the Magami kids... Needless to say, in the manga Kisaragi does not look twice at Aoi, and could care less about her safety.

Yeah, it is so evident that Kyouichi and Aoi like each other in the anime version - even Tatsuma knew it; how many times did he give Kyouichi that tiny, all-knowing smile, or question Kyouichi regarding his feelings and treatment of the "princess"?

Unfortunately though, Faint-Dream, you'd have to fight off Aoi for Tatsuma in the manga...
Aug 26, 2010 11:22 PM
Aug 2010
aoi x tatsuma no doubt. they both share things incommon and come on kouichi's to average also hangs out with fags and dont get me started with kisaragi he to much of a little bitch he doesnt have the balls and thinks of her as his master.
Aug 30, 2010 1:03 PM

May 2009
I think Aoi x Kisaragi [yes in that order] pairing is quite S&M. Aoi is a yandere, yandere I tell you. And considering poor Kisaragi-chan is her butler/bodyguard of sorts, he'd probably get butt-secks'd.
Sep 1, 2010 5:42 AM
Aug 2010
@enko wrong kisirag wudnt be able to be with aoi.they have nothing in common and only talk about fighting the zombies. it wud be super boring Zzzzz.
Sep 1, 2010 7:14 PM

Dec 2009
theking19 said:
@enko wrong kisirag wudnt be able to be with aoi.they have nothing in common and only talk about fighting the zombies. it wud be super boring Zzzzz.

In the anime I think they have some things in common. For starters, both are very traditional, and come from traditional families (although I doubt the Kisaragi clan is as wealthy). Actually, I wouldn't have been surprised if their families did an arranged marriage, considering how long her father and his grandfather knew each other! Personality-wise and having been raised the same, I think Aoi and Kisaragi have the same personal inhibitions and restricted temperments: quiet, reserved, proper, professional.

Also, let's not forget that Aoi was his first true love; and she obviously cares about Kisaragi as a lifelong friend because she did make the effort to find and repair the bracelet she gave him in their joint childhood.

There's common ground, and a history together. Still, it's so obvious that she isn't romatically attached to Kisaragi. And I think, should he ever actually win her favor, Kisaragi might find they are not meant to be, that his was merely devotion spawned from her empathy and sympathy, not exactly romantic love.

I think they may be too similar, and when you have too much in common, I agree, it would be super boring. Which is also why I cannot see Aoi x Tatsuma - their personalities are waaay too close; I don't think they'd ever have dialogue together.. and in their 40s, they'd probably start bickering very badly. o_O

EnkoKasumi said:
I think Aoi x Kisaragi [yes in that order] pairing is quite S&M. Aoi is a yandere, yandere I tell you. And considering poor Kisaragi-chan is her butler/bodyguard of sorts, he'd probably get butt-secks'd.

This sounds like a fanfic plotbunny! (LOL)

Aoi a yandere? I'd peg her more of a Yamato Nadeshiko; yandere I'd reserve for Marie Claire. Although Aoi does become a psycho-madame in the one CD drama... XD
Sep 2, 2010 2:54 AM
Aug 2010
you make a good point but who wud that leave her with? kouichi hes to boring plus all he does is talk shit to her and tell her shes weak what would they talk about nothing.plus hes too average nothing special bout him.plus in the anime whose the one to save aoi
tatsuma.
Sep 2, 2010 12:22 PM

May 2009
theking19 said:

There are no wrong opinions here.
Sep 2, 2010 5:30 PM
Aug 2010
sorry guess u can say i got carried away
Sep 23, 2010 10:54 PM

Dec 2009
theking19 said:
you make a good point but who wud that leave her with? kouichi hes to boring plus all he does is talk shit to her and tell her shes weak what would they talk about nothing.plus hes too average nothing special bout him.plus in the anime whose the one to save aoi
tatsuma.

Why do you think Kyouichi is "boring" and "too average"? Granted, his character does have elements of the stereotypical type, but then again, all the characters in the show suffer their tropes. :P But given Kyouichi's upbringing, I think he probably has the most un-average background, and it's kind of surprising he even attends Magami. I think he deserves a little credit for not being a total drop-out! Shows he does try, albeit a little half-assed as is his laid-back way. Still, for being a street punk in the shadow of his father's honor, I feel that hints at the extent of his overall character - he wants to be better than what he is.

Plus, what makes Aoi so special that she deserves someone extraordinary? She seems the type who would appreciate someone humble; I don't get the impression that Aoi has big plans for her life. Actually, she probably doesn't - because she's so used to her parents planning it for her.

If you're referring to their supernatural powers as something special, than Kyouichi is no different from the others. They all have the same power, they just manifest it differently. Even Tatsuma seemed to have the same power awakened within himself, and I don't think that really has much to do with the Golden Dragon. From my understanding, the Golden Dragon's celestial powers reside in his body, but that doesn't necessarily mean he can control it. He is the Vessel, the earthly receptacle that contains the Golden Dragon. I don't know if that means he IS the Golden Dragon... The same goes for the Vessels of the Four Gods.

Except yeah, here is where Aoi may be more special, since she has also an entirely different power (Bodhisattva Eye) which is hers to control. She clearly turns it on and off at her whim. And it's clearly separate from her Dragon Stream power of demon shielding and telekinesis.

But I digress. This is a romance thread. ;)

Ah, the ever misunderstood badboy. Kyouichi talks smack about Aoi, yes, but if you notice he only does it to her face. That kind of blunt honesty is done out of frustration (because I do believe at first he's offended by her "high-and-mighty wealth", knowing he's from the other side of the tracks), and a sort of respect (nasty cowards talk about someone's shortcomings behind their backs). He doesn't do it to be cruel. Probably that immature part of his brain does it to see her react, because Kyouichi is still a bully at times - but he never bullied anyone weaker than himself. So why would he bully Aoi? Easy - because he likes her, and he is not good at expressing his feelings. All his inner emotions just spill out in the only verbal way he's used to offering: fightin' words.

Also, keep in mind Aoi's general reactions. Most of the time when he goes off on her, she just ignores him. The only instances she got upset was when he claimed she couldn't protect anyone on her own (which obviously bothers her, not being able to save people). And as the story progressed, what did Aoi start doing? She stood her ground against Kyouichi. Therefore his harsh critisims helped her grow stronger. Ain't you ever heard of tough love?

And while she was weak, as he proclaimed, what did Kyouichi always do? He protected her, even against Kisaragi. He always had her back. (Actually, Komaki treated Aoi much the same way, telling her she couldn't handle a fight and forcing her to the sidelines.)

What would they talk about? Everything. Neither of them know anything about the other, and each have had such different life experiences that there's probably so much they could tell each other about their own worlds. I honestly think that because Aoi is so similar to Tatsuma she's a perfect match for Kyouichi - because Tatsuma was the only true, best friend Kyouichi ever had. And Aoi is the female version of him, so it's a match made in heaven. ^^

As for Tatsuma saving Aoi, I found that again a testament to their friendship, and their similarities. Because he knew why and how Aoi was suffering, since he was the only one she opened up to at the time, of course he knew how to break through the hold Kishuu Kodzunu had on her mind to release her emotions. That sorta situation required Tatsuma's delicate hands, not Kyouichi's rough-n-tumble bokuto. (LOL) Plus it was only season one, and Kyouichi x Aoi was just starting to develop. But he did still protect her from Kisaragi, remember? So he still had his moment of knight-in-shining-armor, if that's what you were implying.

theking19 said:
sorry guess u can say i got carried away

There's nothing wrong with getting carried away! *points to her own prattle above* But thanks for apologizing. I like to see everyone playing nice. :)
Sep 29, 2010 11:25 PM

Mar 2008
lol, I'm glad people took to this thread...usually no one does XD.

I could see some KyouchixAoi happening too....but I've always felt for Kisaragi the most, and than Tatsuma.
I have yet to watch season 2, so I get to see that yet. I have it...I just wanted to watch season 1 all over again with my dvds XD...but I havent finished collecting all 3 yet.

the last episode of season 1 though made me happy lol, Tatsuma had a cute moment with Aoi, regardless of what it mightve not turned into in the end.I hope Kisaragi doesn't stay alone all the time though, he makes me depressed :p.
Mar 5, 2011 12:08 PM

Dec 2009
So, did anybody else think maybe Kureha Mibu would become smitten with Aoi, too? That scene where Aoi confronts Kureha about his profession, and stands up to him against killing Tatsuma - she seems to get through to him by bringing up his loved ones. And at his reaction, my first thought was: "Oh no, she has another beau!" XD^^

aoikita said:
I hope Kisaragi doesn't stay alone all the time though, he makes me depressed :p.

Unfortunately... :( Actually, in the drama CDs for the anime, there is a hint that Hinano Oribe is in love with Kisaragi. I think this is also what's implied at the end of the series, when Hina tells Master Arai she's already experienced being in love (and Yukino gives a start, not knowing what she meant). All of this is probably because Kisaragi and the twins share an arc in the original manga.
hlwarMar 8, 2011 10:14 PM
Apr 13, 2011 2:51 AM

Jan 2008
Uwah, Kureha? I never saw that one coming. But he'll come up short to anyone else so I'll leave this alone XD.
Anyway it seems I haven't posted here yet so;

I'm a Tatsuma/Aoi fan. ;P
Well, I see where all you guys are coming from with AoixKyouichi & AoixKisaragi; in anyway.

IF this were an anime fully focused only romance-- then yes, Kyouichi and Aoi would probably take the cake because Tatsuma and Aoi are so alike as hlwar mentioned. It would be really hard to just 'focus' it on that and keep it interesting. I mean, Kyouichi/Sakurai teasing Tatsuma/Aoi with it would only keep it interesting for so long...lol

Since it isn't, though...
Would they officially start a relationship, they'd probably be one of the "support" couples that are very solid, have almost no fights (except if their views clashed on something... which they'd probably discuss anyway) and basically be everyone's support to everything in daily life, or each other for that matter.

I mean, even after Tatsuma snapped & basically blew Aoi away... There wasn't big focus on it, because you kinda got the feeling that everything would be alright with those two anyway...in my opinion XD

Well, if Kyouichi did this, it would totally need a romance activity with Aoi to make up for his mistake, but that's as I mentioned, more interesting if this was a romance-only/focused anime/series xD

Marie Claire x Tatsuma would likely be more fun to watch in that matter though.

For Kyouichi, I prefer Anko though. I thought it was cute at the end of 2nd season.

As for Kisaragi, well, I can kind of see the whole married out or servant + mistress type of romance-relationships, but I don't think it'd exactly last and instead they'd be more like best friends or something like that?
May 16, 2011 5:01 AM

Jan 2011
i Think Kyouichi x Aoi are nice. since Kyouichi was so mean, i'm sure he just wants to protect Aoi.

AND TATSUMA x SAYA!!!! AUGH! i hate that couple! i really hate that! So my second would be Tatsuma x Aoi.
Jun 27, 2011 10:46 PM

Dec 2009
Just something random to keep this community alive, and offer some cold, hard evidence (or not?). So~ who is displaying a romantic interest here, and towards whom?

Aoi is thinking about Kisaragi's sudden disappearance...

And Kyouichi notices she's not herself today, while Tatsuma dozes.

After class, Aoi is still depressed.

Kyouichi tries to talk to her, for once sounding serious. Tatsuma teases Kyouichi, making a friendly joke.

Maria interrupts, and breaks Kyouichi's serious moment.

Now Kyouichi jokes around with Maria-chan...

While Tatsuma senses something is wrong.

Aoi continues to reminisce about Kisaragi-kun.

As much as I'm sure Kisaragi wishes Aoi was pining for him here, I came away with the idea that the show is rooting for Kyouichi, who is expressing romantic feelings for Aoi. The way Tatsuma is behaving, it's rather like he has a sixth sense and knows something bad is going to happen soon. He displays this type of premonition two more times in this same episode. Once, he feels there's some sort of meaning behind the movement of the clouds. Then at the end, during a red moon, he stares inauspiciously at the shell of a locust while the others talk pretty casually:

hlwarJun 27, 2011 11:21 PM
Jul 7, 2011 6:09 PM

Dec 2009
Believe it or not, but this moment here is the only instant where I honestly felt a Tatsuma x Aoi relationship might start up:

Aoi is a very reserved, proper little lady, and you don't often see her being all touchy-feely. But here, she's way in Tatsuma's personal space, and even has a hand resting on him. And she doesn't seem to wanna let go xD:

It's not like he's injured and needs someone's support (so he does pull away). Her actions are completely different than when she saves Kisaragi at the end of season one; she just heals him, and let's him fend for himself. So I definitely sense a crush there. But again, I see it die by season two - when she all but throws herself into Kyouichi's arms for comfort and emotional sustenance.
hlwarJul 8, 2011 9:35 AM
Jul 11, 2011 8:38 AM

Jan 2008
hlwar said:
when she all but throws herself into Kyouichi's arms for comfort and emotional sustenance.

Uhuh... yeah, remember where Tatsuma was at this point? xD

And I never denied that Kyouichi probably had feelings toward Aoi, but then he totally looked after others, like with Komaki, when it looked like he was gonna "sexually assault her", right?-- Kyouichi is just actually really a big softie though.

Then again, Tatsuma and Kyouichi both seemed to know what each of them was up to at that time, more or less anyway.

imo, Aoi x Tatsuma started here:

But then quickly stopped momentum cause of "Tatsuma x Sayo",
(However when that failed, he thinks a little different, which Tatsuma apologizes for, because he wanted to protect everyone, but later on feels like that he should have been there for Aoi instead)

---

Now, going to Season 2;
It becomes a lot less and most likely because Tatsuma was destined to become the golden dragon and they probably didn't want to involve him into a love romance because that wasnt' the main focus of this story;
Another way you could look at it, it's because Tatsuma killed Kodzune, and although Kyouichi did it too, Tatsuma was a lot more shaken by it and by paying less attention to Aoi, forcing her less into his battles.
either way, after the battle, it showed that Aoi was constantly thinking about Tatsuma (worrying about him, even if she didn't say anything).
She bears that, then Kyouichi leaves too; the two guys that have been totally looking out for her.. (well, except Kyouichi wasn't good enough for her in first season and Tatsuma was too focused on "everyone")
So she breaks completely.

Basically, if Tatsuma was still there, and Kyouichi was fighting, it'd be the exact same story, probably, jsut different roles and slightly different dialogues. If both were gone, then she'd break down by herself.
TsunamuJul 11, 2011 2:11 PM
Mar 2, 2012 7:22 PM
Feb 2012
i dont know why but i Keep on thinking that Tatsuma and Aoi would be the better couple i just cnat keep them out of my head even after watching finishing the first and second season x.x im madly in love with this pairing! lol
I desire money. Not because I am poor or because I am greedy. It is because with money I will gain power and with that power I will be able to change the world.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Questions, theories and facts (spoilers &amp; pic heavy)

hlwar - Aug 5, 2010

48 by Timbauros »»
Mar 2, 2021 2:40 PM

» Tokyo Majin Gakuen Games

hlwar - Jun 3, 2013

1 by Yuki_Nitta »»
Jul 30, 2016 10:26 PM

» [CLOSED] Member Cards

hlwar - Jul 15, 2010

40 by hlwar »»
Jan 5, 2013 11:04 AM

» ACID ♫♪

hlwar - May 4, 2010

18 by hlwar »»
Jan 5, 2013 10:54 AM

» Claim a Character [Round One OPEN]

hlwar - Sep 9, 2010

8 by KyousukeImadori »»
Dec 7, 2012 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.