Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 27, 2017 12:08 PM

Apr 2017
This anime is unique in so many ways, but some parts needed some more clarification. The beginning made the show worthwhile and allowed the audience to be invested in the story, especially what exactly happened at the institution, whereas toward the end was rather a little confusing. I was hoping someone could clarify some of the questions I have.

1) What exactly was the United States' involvement at the end?
2) Five's character was never really explained. Did Nine abandon her or fail to save her at the institution? Why did she commit suicide?
3) Why didn't Nine and Twelve run away after detonating the atomic bomb? Where were they when they met up?

Also, some repeated themes throughout the anime were words like "summer," "eyes like ice," etc. If someone could give me their interpretation of this, I would greatly appreciate it.
Feb 4, 2018 8:11 PM
失礼、噛みました

Oct 2016
Hey man, just finished the series and hope to answere some of your questions:

1) The US and Japan have a Security Treaty that let Japan come under the US "nuclear umbrella" on the condition that it will not produce nuclear weapons. In the anime the US suspected that Japan was developing nukes.

2) She was obviously insane and everything she did was a game to her. When they where kids she never beat him in a game and that manifested in her madness. She probably did not have it good when the institution closed and was given/sold to the US. She probably committed suicide because she was dying and she just killed an US agent.

3) They wanted to get caught, that was their plan all along, to have someone like Shibazaki find them and arrest them because they thought that would shed a better light on all the horrible things that was done to them. Nine knew he didn't have long because he suffered from the same effects as Five and Twelve probably didn't want to abandon him, though I think he had the same fate but the effects of their experiments haven't surfaced yet. However they did not think that the US agent would find them first and kill them before Shibazaki could bring them in.

4) I think Lisa was just describing their appearance she felt. Twelve was kind and smiled a lot that made her feel warm and reminded her of summer. However Nine had a cold personality, never smiled and made her feel the opposite of summer.

Hope that answered your questions.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

871 by ozrodger46 »»
Today, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

417 by ozrodger46 »»
Today, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.