Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 9, 2017 6:14 PM

Jun 2017
It was quite entertaining and enjoyable. a solid 8-9/10 :)
still,a few things i didnt get and would like some explanations on(spoilers ofcourse):

-How did she gain her "one more Time leap"ability near the end?she said it had to do with something Chiaki did,but didnt elaborate

-why did he tell her that he will be waiting for her in the future?she has no more time leaps,and his future is clearly very far off from her present so how would she ever live to see him again?

-i wonder how much did her aunt know actually know about time leaps?it seemed to me like she knew far more than she let on

-what was the connection between the awful future chisaki came from and the painting?
Jul 10, 2017 10:43 AM

Jun 2017
damn. thought there would be some answers lol. guess not >_>
Jul 11, 2017 12:49 PM
Jan 2014
FFTHEWINNER said:
still,a few things i didnt get and would like some explanations on(spoilers ofcourse):

-How did she gain her "one more Time leap"ability near the end?she said it had to do with something Chiaki did,but didnt elaborate

-why did he tell her that he will be waiting for her in the future?she has no more time leaps,and his future is clearly very far off from her present so how would she ever live to see him again?

-i wonder how much did her aunt know actually know about time leaps?it seemed to me like she knew far more than she let on

-what was the connection between the awful future chisaki came from and the painting?

1. It was shown that Chiaki leaped to the time before Makoto uses her last leap.

2. It is a farewell message, or more like to console Makoto before leaving her even they're not probably gonna meet in that expanse of time.

3. Her aunt is the main heroine in the original Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo novel who much like her, met a time traveler and fell in love

4. Chiaki states that the painting should've been something very special that he really wanted to see in their post-apocalyptic era as it can give a degree of self-fulfillment and hope for him. Out of curiosity, maybe? Think of this example as the same: a curious art student that really wants to see a Patrick Heron painting but in no way of seeing it as it was destroyed on a fire breakout.
Jul 11, 2017 1:04 PM

Jun 2017
addiction08 said:
FFTHEWINNER said:

1. It was shown that Chiaki leaped to the time before Makoto uses her last leap.

2. It is a farewell message, or more like to console Makoto before leaving her even they're not probably gonna meet in that expanse of time.

3. Her aunt is the main heroine in the original Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo novel who much like her, met a time traveler and fell in love

4. Chiaki states that the painting should've been something very special that he really wanted to see in their post-apocalyptic era as it can give a degree of self-fulfillment and hope for him. Out of curiosity, maybe? Think of this example as the same: a curious art student that really wants to see a Patrick Heron painting but in no way of seeing it as it was destroyed on a fire breakout.

1.the thing is though,only those who make the jump remember the events that were undid through the jump. that is why chiaki never remember his confession to her,but when chiaki did that time leap she still remembered all the events that were undone through his timeleap. how come?

2.but he loves her. why didnt he either stay in her time line or go back,get some more time leap items,and have her come live in his?or at the least visit her every few months?

3. then why didnt she inform her in more clear terms about what was going on

4.possible,but he seemed to care about the painting too much for it to be mere curiosity.
Jul 11, 2017 1:26 PM
Jan 2014
FFTHEWINNER said:
addiction08 said:

1.the thing is though,only those who make the jump remember the events that were undid through the jump. that is why chiaki never remember his confession to her,but when chiaki did that time leap she still remembered all the events that were undone through his timeleap. how come?

2.but he loves her. why didnt he either stay in her time line or go back,get some more time leap items,and have her come live in his?or at the least visit her every few months?

4.possible,but he seemed to care about the painting too much for it to be mere curiosity.

1. Oh I'm wrong, I forgot the rule about this time-leap Chiaki stated. He didn't time-leaped, as he mentioned that the rule of time-leapers is they shouldn't disclose that they are "time-leapers" to others and describe what the walnut-shaped device is or else they wouldn't be able to return to their time. He probably wasn't able to return to his time and wandered in the endless expanse of time. In a sense, he didn't time-leaped, so Makoto still remembered what happened. Let's just assume that he has the ability to restore her time-leap to one remaining just like he stopped the time and ensure their friend won't die in the train collision.. Well, the movie has full of plot holes and I can point out other scenes that can't be thoroughly explained. Let's leave them as they are, this is fiction anyway and just assume the concept of physics here is different than the real world.

2. As I said earlier, there's a rule among time-travelers that they shouldn't disclose to anyone to whom time they visited that they are such. Well, let's just say he went to the future because of the power of plot.

3. Well, her aunt wasn't even aware of her newly-found ability before the train scene and Chiaki fully explained it already there.

4. He said the painting should've been like a symbol of hope or something in the future but is already destroyed, and he wanna see it no matter what.

Sorry for my answers but that are the best I can give as I watched the movie years ago and can't remember that much
Jul 11, 2017 1:35 PM

Jun 2017
addiction08 said:
FFTHEWINNER said:

1. Oh I'm wrong, I forgot the rule about this time-leap Chiaki stated. He didn't time-leaped, as he mentioned that the rule of time-leapers is they shouldn't disclose that they are "time-leapers" to others and describe what the walnut-shaped device is or else they wouldn't be able to return to their time. He probably wasn't able to return to his time and wandered in the endless expanse of time. In a sense, he didn't time-leaped, so Makoto still remembered what happened. Let's just assume that he has the ability to restore her time-leap to one remaining just like he stopped the time and ensure their friend won't die in the train collision.. Well, the movie has full of plot holes and I can point out other scenes that can't be thoroughly explained. Let's leave them as they are, this is fiction anyway and just assume the concept of physics here is different than the real world.

2. As I said earlier, there's a rule among time-travelers that they shouldn't disclose to anyone to whom time they visited that they are such. Well, let's just say he went to the future because of the power of plot.

3. Well, her aunt wasn't even aware of her newly-found ability before the train scene and Chiaki fully explained it already there.

4. He said the painting should've been like a symbol of hope or something in the future but is already destroyed, and he wanna see it no matter what.

Sorry for my answers but that are the best I can give as I watched the movie years ago and can't remember that much

1.i saw the movie days ago. he did say that they werent supposed to inform the past about time travel and that he was going to leave her because of that,but that wasnt the reason he wasnt able to return to his time line. the reason is that he spent the last time leap he had on her. so that is unrelated.

2.like i said,no unavoidable consequenses for breaking that rule where ever stated.

3. no. her aunt knew about it from the very beginning,as she told her aunt about it right after she did her first time leap.

4. i guess it is possible,but that triggers the question of why he didnt jump into the exact time the painting was available and then immediately jump back.

No problem my friend. i am just glad someone actually answered lol XD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo Discussion (GO WATCH THIS) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Faust721 - May 11, 2007

502 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 24, 9:59 AM

» plot hole

Algazero - Nov 10, 2010

18 by Khashishi »»
Apr 10, 2023 11:15 PM

» The Painting

itz_lelouch - Mar 12, 2023

5 by waalex11 »»
Apr 1, 2023 4:42 AM

» Awkward/Funny Scene

Rand_al-Thorfinn - Aug 26, 2022

5 by omen- »»
Sep 13, 2022 4:19 AM

» When is Chiaki actually from

iamhim - Nov 9, 2020

3 by Tsunamii_ »»
Aug 1, 2022 12:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.