Forum Settings
Forums

Media Blasters Acquires Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 1st Season

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 25, 2010 3:25 PM

Aug 2009
FYE & Amazon's websites say it's out but it's not in stock. It's available for rent at Blockbuster online, but has no buying option. It's not on Best Buy's website, probably thanks to their cutbacks on anime. Forget about Media Blaster's website.

Hell, I haven't even seen the US DVD boxart. It might take a week before it goes into full circulation
Aug 10, 2010 10:07 PM
Dec 2009
They damn well better record an English dub to this. Lest they will not receive my money.
Jan 25, 2011 2:55 PM

Jul 2008
I assume this release was dropped? A few months less than a year passed now and as far as I know, absolutely no word of it.

Have to say I'm disappointed. I would really love to see this dubbed...
Apr 15, 2011 9:47 PM

Jul 2010
Did media blasters die? because there has been no SZS
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
May 19, 2011 8:42 AM

Aug 2009
Media Blasters is currently on Twitter where they are currently teasing everyone with hints that they're still working on Zetsubou but can't share any info with anyone. At this point in time, I'd excuse them if they were going to surprise us and have all three seasons subbed or a blu-ray release, but if it's going to just be the barebones minimum, it seems like a cheap move to put it on the back burner, give no reason or excuse as to why, and just go about with their business as if no one cared about it.

Then again, from the looks of it, they've been rather disorganized for a while and their Twitter comments on Zetsubou consisting of "As soon as we have concrete info to share on Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei, we promise we will share it", it seems more along the lines of uncertainty than laziness. However, with Twitter followers constantly asking for Zetsubou, I'd think that maybe it'd cause a lightbulb to go off in their heads is that maybe we would rather have Zetsubou than reissues of older licenses, Queens Blade, kaijuu movies, and obscure hentai.

Also, Media Blasters' Twitter, in case they might announce something new on SZS: http://twitter.com/#!/mediablasters
May 19, 2011 9:26 AM
Nov 2008
A Blu-Ray release would be excellent, considering all three seasons (and OVAs) have been released on Blu-Ray in Japan.
May 27, 2011 12:17 AM

Oct 2010
Apparently blu-ray source (even in Japan) sucks. See this:

http://protocol4.animehr.com/?p=454
May 1, 2013 4:25 PM
Feb 2013
On March 8th, 2013, the boss of Media Blasters wrote that "Sayonora Sensei and Moyashimon are titles that were once acquired and no plans to be released at this time. These titles can and may be licensed to another company." (http://www.media-blasters.com/main/index.php/the-news/811-mb-tries-to-clear-some-posts-up)

Not long ago, I discovered SZS and had hoped that I could enjoy it on DVD... so hopefully another company will release it! I'm relatively new to the anime-business; could an experienced anime-fan tell me his/her guess on how long it usually takes for a relatively unknown anime like SZS to be released on DVD? I mean, does it usually take a long time or can it, if a company decides to buy the license, also happen quickly then?
BastwiiMay 1, 2013 4:29 PM
May 1, 2013 4:29 PM

Feb 2010
does it come with a non-creep man face version :| oh this was 3 years ago guess not :(
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

13 by VivavideoUser2x »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
6 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.