Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 3, 2017 4:48 PM

Jan 2017
Usually, I ignore OVAs, but it looks like it's introducing new characters that haven't been adapted to the anime yet. So should I watch this before watching a hypothetical season 3?
May 4, 2017 1:31 AM

Jun 2011
New character? What new character? I've seen the two episodes available and I don't recall someone I don't recognize. (except for fodders)
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 4, 2017 2:42 AM

Jan 2017
ToG25thBaam said:
New character? What new character? I've seen the two episodes available and I don't recall someone I don't recognize. (except for fodders)

I was told that apparently the Elite 10 make a debut in either this OVA or the other one.
May 4, 2017 5:47 AM
Apr 2016
Maybe in one of these? https://myanimelist.net/anime/34480/Shokugeki_no_Souma__Ni_no_Sara_OVA

Because in this two there aren't any debuts.
May 4, 2017 8:14 AM

Feb 2014
EnZanity said:
Usually, I ignore OVAs, but it looks like it's introducing new characters that haven't been adapted to the anime yet. So should I watch this before watching a hypothetical season 3?

The first episode is pseudo-canon, it takes scenes from another spin-off manga called a la carte but doesn't do a faithful adaptation. It doesn't really have a chronological spot, my best guess would be somewhere in the middle of season 1 and at least before season 2 since it gives a little backstory on the Aldini brothers. The second episode of this OVA happens in between season 1 and season 2 in the manga.

The other two episodes, which were originally tied to this one, got put into their own OVA group. Chances are the Elite Ten reveal you're looking for will be one of those because the manga chapter it appears in happens directly after the Autumn Elections (ie S2). It isn't an extra chapter though so it might get shoved into season 3 if that ever happens.

Also, no new characters were introduced in this OVA. Maybe the second season OVA though.

Looks like the third episode will be the Elite Ten reveal arc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzVhL7sMLUM
BebopMay 4, 2017 8:17 AM
May 4, 2017 4:55 PM

Jan 2017
Bebopdesu said:
EnZanity said:

The first episode is pseudo-canon, it takes scenes from another spin-off manga called a la carte but doesn't do a faithful adaptation. It doesn't really have a chronological spot, my best guess would be somewhere in the middle of season 1 and at least before season 2 since it gives a little backstory on the Aldini brothers. The second episode of this OVA happens in between season 1 and season 2 in the manga.

The other two episodes, which were originally tied to this one, got put into their own OVA group. Chances are the Elite Ten reveal you're looking for will be one of those because the manga chapter it appears in happens directly after the Autumn Elections (ie S2). It isn't an extra chapter though so it might get shoved into season 3 if that ever happens.

Also, no new characters were introduced in this OVA. Maybe the second season OVA though.

Ah ok that makes sense, I did notice an OVA for the second season was added after I made this post. Probably should watch that one just in case the 3rd season (if it gets one) doesn't properly introduce the elite 10
May 4, 2017 9:02 PM

Jun 2011
Bebopdesu said:
That PV is crazy hype! If there's more movement instead of just stills, I may have to go out and run a few laps to cool myself down!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma OVA Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

shanimebib - May 1, 2016

68 by parzxval »»
Aug 13, 2023 2:53 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma OVA Episode 2 Discussion

removed-user - Jul 11, 2016

41 by Neolavender123 »»
Mar 10, 2023 11:24 PM

» PV sequel

GangsterCat - Dec 17, 2016

2 by removed-user »»
Dec 18, 2016 8:37 AM

» Any updates

ibraheem234 - Nov 8, 2015

11 by GangsterCat »»
Dec 15, 2016 12:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.