Things you wish the anime community would stop doing

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 14, 2016 12:37 AM

Jul 2016
tthe whole waifu thing is incredibly awkward. go meet some real people
Dec 14, 2016 6:18 AM

Mar 2015
Saying Cory in the house is a fuckin anime.
It needs to stop.
Dec 14, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2009
Fergo said:
Get some other hobbies, you can like anime and manga all you want, but do other things, preferably non-Japanese related. You don't even need to go outside for many of them.

Are there really anime fans like that? Who don't like playing games or posting on the internet or anything else?

Ivy said:
2. Complaining about "clichés" in animes― I mean, I'm pretty sure anyone who has seen a decent number of animes can see when something is overused but no need to be a prick about it and immediately assume (and announce) that a show is shit because of it.

It's one thing to complain about a cliche because it offends you personally (say, you don't like all those "okama" characters in anime because you're someone similar to them and think they're a bad caricature) or ideologically (say, you find the portrayal of "okama" characters to be symptomatic of heteronormativity pervasive in Japan). But complaining about cliches just because they're cliche is wrong.

kiwamitao said:
This is kind of hypocritical of me to bring up after the last paragraph, but there's also the issue with anime fans not understanding the difference between cultural appreciation and appropriation. As a Japanese American, I've come across so many people telling me at school or work that I'm an "irl anime character" or trying to message/talk to me in a strange mixture of Japanese/English (see this tumblr post I dug up for this http://thepandabaker.tumblr.com/post/123384271482/a-weeaboo-couple-breaks-up ... this post is funny, but it's happened) and it's quite infuriating after it happens so many times.

Reminds me of this Russian joke.
- how much clocks?
- two clocks.
- such much?
- to whom how...
- finished inyaz?
- ask... ;)

This dialogue makes perfect sense if you're a Russian language speaker who studied English. I doubt people who studied Russian as a foreign language will understand it.
Dec 14, 2016 9:54 AM

Feb 2013
flannan said:
Are there really anime fans like that? Who don't like playing games or posting on the internet or anything else?

There are a lot of people who are way too obsessed with Japan related things. They might watch a non-animated movie here and there, but even the video games they play are mostly JRPGs (Japanese Role Playing Games). It's probably not healthy for your social life.
Awesome Forum Set by @SenpieX
Dec 15, 2016 5:56 AM
Mar 2016
Maybe just stop being butthurts ? respect other people's opinions ?
Dec 15, 2016 7:51 AM

Nov 2015
They should stop being judgemental.

You're a fucking anime fan for gods sake.
Dec 20, 2016 4:32 PM

Feb 2010
Lobinde said:
.Obsession with taste
.Entitlement - wanting Japan to cater to their tastes while they refuse to contribute a cent to the industry (also this is weeaboo behaviour)
."All modern anime sucks" attitude
."All retro anime sucks" attitude
."All moe anime sucks" attitude
."All manly anime sucks" attitude

so true

PokeFanTruffle said:
They should stop being judgemental.

You're a fucking anime fan for gods sake.

lol people were born judgmental dont think theres any fixing that
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Dec 20, 2016 10:50 PM
Jul 2018
Loving Madoka Magica.

But Hell will freeze before that happens.
Dec 21, 2016 12:02 AM

Aug 2016
EcchiLordMamster said:
charlemagneurban said:
Anime fans need to stop fapping to loli hentai, seriously. Lolicon has become too commonplace within anime communities.

anime fans need to stop being SJW's who treat fiction as if its real

I'm not an SJW, man, I just think there's something weird and creepy about grown men fapping to pictures of children, even if they're fictional.
How do I delete my account
Dec 21, 2016 4:10 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
charlemagneurban said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

anime fans need to stop being SJW's who treat fiction as if its real

I'm not an SJW, man, I just think there's something weird and creepy about grown men fapping to pictures of children, even if they're fictional.

theyre idealized fictional characters.. theyre drawn to be super attractive.... and lets be entirely honest here... "children" don't magically stop being "attractive in some form" just because you age, at least teens don't, the human brain just doesn't work like that... and we all know not all lolis are elementary age anyway

and either way, lolis don't look realistic regardless, they play on things adults are instinctively attracted to

also... many lolis are drawn by grown men... so duh grown men are fapping to them
Dec 21, 2016 4:35 AM

May 2016
Shipping wars. I mean it's fine to ship characters but please if someone ships something you don't agree with just walk away.

Also don't ship every character. I said shipping is fine but isn't every character in a show a bit too much?

Dec 21, 2016 6:37 AM

Sep 2016
making shitty boring thread in anime discussion
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 21, 2016 7:06 AM

Jul 2015
watching anime

OT: circlejerking, get your nasty opinions out of there, some people like this stuff
Living is a velleity, because ice cream is life.

Dec 21, 2016 7:06 AM

Nov 2009
TheShippest said:
Also don't ship every character. I said shipping is fine but isn't every character in a show a bit too much?

Do you mean shipping them all together and thinking they should become one big harem?
Dec 21, 2016 7:30 AM

Jun 2016
Shit that would end up on a cringe comp.

Just stop.

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Dec 21, 2016 7:34 AM

Nov 2014
Existing. That would help a lot.
Also ppl need to stop with weaboo shiet

Dec 21, 2016 7:54 AM

Mar 2011
-People who feel superior because they watched old animes and didn't give a try to new one but then go and critice any other bcuz "muh old anime taste is way better".
-Same with people who feel superior because they had watched more anime than others, christ, it's just a number, since when this became a competition.
-People who watch non-popular anime and go bashing others because they have "superior taste".
-Going SJW with almost every anime, try to turn every character into gay/bi/lesbo and hate it when it turns hetero.
-When they go full SJW and try to trash ecchi, it needs to stop, it has ecchi in the tag, what did you expect?
-Saying every single new magical girl anime is a copy of Madoka.
Dec 21, 2016 7:56 AM

Apr 2011
Acting like a bunch of entitled asshats who think they know a lot..... now that I think of it, this stands true for pretty much every fandom out there. Anime, games, movies, novels, sports, you name it.
Dec 21, 2016 10:12 AM

May 2016
flannan said:
TheShippest said:

Do you mean shipping them all together and thinking they should become one big harem?

Oh no, sorry if it sounded like that but i meant like ' Oh she doesn't have anyone to go with let's ship her with that other guy' Oh yeah and then there's just that one guy... let's make it a threesome even though it probably won't work!' Basically, shipping for the sake of making sure EVERYONE has a partner.

Dec 21, 2016 11:16 AM

Nov 2009
TheShippest said:
flannan said:

Oh no, sorry if it sounded like that but i meant like ' Oh she doesn't have anyone to go with let's ship her with that other guy' Oh yeah and then there's just that one guy... let's make it a threesome even though it probably won't work!' Basically, shipping for the sake of making sure EVERYONE has a partner.

I see. I know this sort of thinking, I kinda expected Toradora to fall into place like a puzzle.

Hikari_Hoshisora said:
-Same with people who feel superior because they had watched more anime than others, christ, it's just a number, since when this became a competition.

I think people mostly bring it up when relevant. Such as when somebody with low completions count goes "all anime..." + <blatantly wrong generalization>.
flannanDec 21, 2016 11:19 AM
Dec 21, 2016 12:12 PM

Feb 2015
1: Writing walls of texts / wasting other peoples times
2: Making shitty reviews that dont get to the fucking point
Dec 21, 2016 12:28 PM

Feb 2016
People that want to bring anime into everything that isnt anime irk me but this is something that other fandoms are guilty of aswell.

I really wish anime fans or well some of them to stop being degenerates.

The term loli actually being a thing is pretty sad and yeah its one of the reasons I avoided the Anime fandom even if some series looked interesting (AOT,OPM)
Dec 26, 2016 6:16 AM

Dec 2016
- The nonsense of believing that watching dubbed versions is some kind of heresy. I mean HOW COULD I DARE watching a dubbed version and not the original with the much much superior japanese language right?

- Those purists that think it is also some kind of heresy to like a version of an anime that is not as faithful to the manga than other one, and that hence use "faithfulness to the manga" as a criteria to evaluate an anime, forgetting the fact that animes are adaptations and hence don't have necessarily to be copy-pastes of the manga.

- As a corollary of this... "Filler = Bad" belief.

- Those who believe "new/old" is synonym to "better", forgetting that when it comes to arts and artistical expressions, timing has nothing to do.

- Every troll that accuse someone who claims to like more old anime rather than new as a "nostalgia-fag", which is just an insult disguised as an "argument".
Dec 26, 2016 6:37 AM

May 2015
nry said:
- Those purists that think it is also some kind of heresy to like a version of an anime that is not as faithful to the manga than other one, and that hence use "faithfulness to the manga" as a criteria to evaluate an anime, forgetting the fact that animes are adaptations and hence don't have necessarily to be copy-pastes of the manga.
Adaptation doesn't imply changing core elements of the manga. An anime that is more faithful to the manga is generally a better adaptation.However it is not necessarily a better anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 17

120 by TransferUser »»
27 minutes ago

» Guys I did it!

TsutanaiFuun - 6 hours ago

14 by ProGoddess »»
32 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Apr 26

72 by TransferUser »»
35 minutes ago

» Would you or have you watched anime with your family (1 or more members)?

ToastWithNutella - 6 hours ago

21 by Subarctic-Forest »»
38 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 25

81 by Spunkert »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.