Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 25, 2010 5:24 AM

Jan 2010
Ever since the beginning of the anime I thought that Marina was going to be Setsuna's love interest, however, after 50 episodes of practically platonic relationship, I begin to wonder.

True, he may never find his half, and continue to change the world alone, but in the second to last episode Fedlt gave him a flower and said that Marina-sama would be angry with her for doing so. He responded that his relationship with Azadistan's princess is not of that sort. Maybe her token didn't mean anything, or maybe she has a crush on him... who knows.

The anime ended and only a single movie is going to be released, so I doubt there will be time for any romantic relationship between Setsuna and whoever, but I still wish to ask.

Who do you prefer? Marina or Feldt? Why?

I personally don't really like Marina, for she is... what's the word I am looking for... useless? She is annoying me >.<

I vote for pink head Felt.
werrstonJan 30, 2010 1:08 AM
Jan 28, 2010 2:59 PM

May 2009
I vote for Gundam.

The relationship between Marina and Setsuna felt more like a mother-son relationship and I barely saw any romantic feelings at all with Feldt, except for the flower she gave him towards the end.
stAtic91Jan 28, 2010 3:03 PM
Jan 28, 2010 3:04 PM

Jun 2008
Didn't Feldt liked that dude who died? I don't remember his name.

And yeah, if Setsuna does not have those "feelings" for Marina, then he's unlikely to have any for Feldt. Since Setsuna had saved Marina on several occasions already, if memory serves, it just doesn't make a lot of sense if he feels attracted to someone else.
Mar 2, 2010 9:27 AM

Dec 2007
It seems that Setsuna dosent show any interest other than GUNDAm...

Though Setsuna and Marina Relationship... there are some chemistry a little bit but I think it will not work out...

As for Feldt.. well it seems that she seems to like Setsuna by giving him the flower.... Maybe I prefer her over Marina...

Mar 3, 2010 4:44 PM

Jan 2010
fizah21 said:
It seems that Setsuna dosent show any interest other than GUNDAm...

Though Setsuna and Marina Relationship... there are some chemistry a little bit but I think it will not work out...

As for Feldt.. well it seems that she seems to like Setsuna by giving him the flower.... Maybe I prefer her over Marina...
A fellow Feldt supporter! :D

By the way, your sig is exceeding the limit of 140px.
Mar 8, 2010 10:50 AM

Mar 2009
i support Marina. I like she. I really like Feldt too. She is really adorable, but i love she with Lockon.

Mar 25, 2010 10:53 AM

Jan 2010
@sillya

learn hard buddy

its her not she

@topic

u know feldt is cute and strong girl

she might loved Previous Lockon .

but i dont think setsuna even have a heart
Mar 25, 2010 11:22 AM

Jan 2010
Eternal_Shield said:

but i dont think setsuna even has a heart
Woot, I like that statement.
Mar 26, 2010 12:11 PM

Aug 2009
Setsuna doesn't have any feelings for Feldt but she does. Gundam 00 Special Edition 3 shows it at the end.
Mar 27, 2010 3:27 PM

Oct 2008
I didn't see any romantic relationship between setsuna and marina ismail . . And to me , that is a master stroke . .
Mar 27, 2010 3:37 PM

Jan 2010
cnaw said:
I didn't see any romantic relationship between setsuna and marina ismail . . And to me , that is a master stroke . .
That's why I am more inclined toward Feldt. That and the fact that I like her more...
Apr 3, 2010 8:22 PM
Jul 2018
stAtic91 said:
I vote for Gundam.

Surprised no one posted this yet. But yes, he only loves his gundam. He has a gundam fetish, it seems.
Apr 4, 2010 4:01 AM

Jan 2010
Master_Bater said:
stAtic91 said:
I vote for Gundam.

Surprised no one posted this yet. But yes, he only loves his gundam. He has a gundam fetish, it seems.

lol hilarious . maybe , he always say Gundam gundam

every single episode i watched xD

its his pride , gundam is more important his
Apr 4, 2010 4:20 AM

Jan 2010
Eternal_Shield said:
Master_Bater said:
stAtic91 said:
I vote for Gundam.

lol hilarious . maybe , he always say Gundam gundam

every single episode i watched xD

its his pride , gundam is more important his
If he even has one... Or maybe he is simply gay.

I wonder what will happen in the movie.
Apr 7, 2010 3:32 PM

Apr 2009
Setsuna hasn't matured enough yet to feel love for a woman, I think.

My vote goes for Marina. Even though she's naive, she's got that aura of kindness and peace around her.

As for Feldt, I like her a lot too, but she+Neil=win. I dislike Lyle, just so that you know.

And yeah, I agree during that period of Setsuna's life he's in lvoe with his Gundam. Like Neil said in the first season that "Setsuna's infatuated with Exia".

I highly doubt there'll be any romance in the movie. Neil's dead, Anew's dead, Setsuna's still a brat, Hallelujah and his gf maybe... I wanna see them. Or maybe Sumeragi and Billy!! X3
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Apr 10, 2010 7:41 PM

Jan 2010
Feldt.

Marina is another useless Mary Sue. Really not holding a gun? c'mon.

Fedlt all the way. Hopefully the movie will have something to do with that. I'd bevery disappointed if it didn't.
Apr 10, 2010 11:43 PM

Jan 2010
punkster90 said:
Feldt.

Marina is another useless Mary Sue. Really not holding a gun? c'mon.

Fedlt all the way. Hopefully the movie will have something to do with that. I'd bevery disappointed if it didn't.
That's my man! Although I doubt there will be any romance in the movie...
Apr 11, 2010 6:37 PM

Aug 2009
I'm with you on the fact that Marina was a thoroughly unnecessary and useless addition to the anime with no prime role whatsoever(unless you count singing lullaby's to interrup Setsuna during battles).

However, when it comes to pairing, I prefer Marina to be with Setsuna rather than Feldt. They kind of suit each other IMO. People who look like they are made for each other...kinda..thing.

As for the other, I'm still a big fan of Lockon(Neil)xFeldt.

Heck I want some romance in Setsuna's life and I don't mind wether it's Feldt or Marina. I fear he may end up marrying 00.
Apr 14, 2010 6:52 AM

Jan 2010
k0k0 said:

Heck I want some romance in Setsuna's life and I don't mind wether it's Feldt or Marina. I fear he may end up marrying 00.
He desperately needs some romance.
May 23, 2010 9:34 PM

May 2010
For me i think felt will be pair with setsuna cos she got more romantic potential with setsuna!!

While marina only got the heroine role in the first season but i don't see any romantic scenery between or at least feel it !!
Jun 1, 2010 3:21 PM
Feb 2010
Nena of course
Jun 1, 2010 3:24 PM
Feb 2010
Sorry.
Douple Post
Jun 5, 2010 8:58 PM

Jan 2010
rafacavamato said:
Nena of course
lol Wow that did not cross my mind. Of course she's dead and all but still for the win
Jul 4, 2010 3:25 AM

Jan 2010
Nena the psycho? I never really liked her, but then again, that was the producers' intention.
Jun 17, 2011 9:36 AM

Jan 2010
haha in the end it seems setsuna a 73 yrs old who was then an ELS/innovator hybrid human chose to be with the 81 yrs old pure human marina... Although marina has turned into an old baba and setsuna maintained his 23 yrs old youth, rumor has it that he turn marina young again and both of them got married.... i think in the movie setsuna did return feldt's feeling.
Aug 27, 2011 8:29 PM

Feb 2011
Setsuna want gundam's cock. Just sayin'
Apr 23, 2012 1:28 AM

Jan 2012
werrston said:
Eternal_Shield said:

but i dont think setsuna even has a heart
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
Jul 6, 2012 12:34 PM

Jul 2007
I vote for Feldt to be with setsuna and as for marina she so useless and even do a thing really...and beside the one that care the most about setsuna is Feldt!! >.<"

ps. do not forget that all while he got hurt the one who beside from start is feldt also when he sad too.
Oct 9, 2012 7:24 PM

May 2009
Both can go to hell and die.
I vote for Gundam (Exia).
Oct 23, 2012 1:42 PM
Oct 2012
Marina. I like Feldt, but I can't see her with anyone except Lockon. Marina should be with him in my opinion. Plus, he did come back for her and not for Feldt
Oct 27, 2012 6:01 AM

Aug 2012
In the end he back to Marina anyway, I hope Feldt will someone who better than Setsuna
May 4, 2014 12:31 AM

Feb 2014
stAtic91 said:
I vote for Gundam.

The relationship between Marina and Setsuna felt more like a mother-son relationship and I barely saw any romantic feelings at all with Feldt, except for the flower she gave him towards the end.

To end the shipping war, I will state some facts which are deliberately true facts about relationships between Setsuna and his bitchesi Marina & Feldt:

Marina Ismail:

1. In episode 21, setsuna dreamt about Marina and her telling him to stop his fighting, with the dessert flower being the symbol of a new hope. The question is, why did Setsuna dream about her, and not Feldt? The theories that have been formed are:

- He sees his mother inside Marina
- He found some attraction to her, (albeit romantically or whatever)

In any case, He didn't dream about Feldt, it was Marina. Plus, he dreamt about her Twice .

2. Setsuna has stated that he found comfort in Marina's song and voice (possibly due to her peaceful nature and seeing his mom inside her) He even hesitated to kill because Marina's Ideals were also implanted to this song, which reminded setsuna of her

3. Mileina once asked if Setsuna and Marina were lovers, which they replied:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/22accd3cf1d1c64e3f6aa4f38f8c4e25/tumblr_mfd7vsOYJL1r47ezro2_r1_400.gif

"NO" , in which Mileina replies with a http://37.media.tumblr.com/992091529633115b56853e8463d5051a/tumblr_mfd7vsOYJL1r47ezro3_400.gif

But in Soma and Allelujah's case, they replied with a blush.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/34f62e30e323328965d2609e09304452/tumblr_mfd7vsOYJL1r47ezro5_400.gif
http://24.media.tumblr.com/d3006a0cdcc13e633e51d39ca2647e4d/tumblr_mfd7vsOYJL1r47ezro6_400.gif

What does this mean you ask? It means that Mileina's woman intuition was actually right about Setsuna and Marina (based on how they treat each other), it's just that the both of them were so focused on their own goals that they didn't consider about having love in their lives.

- Setsuna with his GUNDAM and war and peace goal

- Marina with her AZADISTAN and war and beace goal.

A kid even asked Marina if she was going to be a bride, which replies No, because she had too different priorities.

3. Marina is the only one who Setsuna told about his past and possibly vice versa. He was open to her, even if they only spent a few times together, unlike Feldt and the Others, who had to work hard for him to open up to them, and that's still not the reason why he opened up to them.

4. He wrote the letter to Marina, even though he lied to Feldt about not sending a letter to anyone, cause he didn't care about anyone (well except marina)

5. (in the manga) Setsuna explained to Tiera that he is fighting for humanity because there is someone that can make even a flower inside him bloom, in which tiera replied that he was really speaking based on his emotions. In this part of the manga, we see Marina looking dearly at the flower, with setsuna also being at the panel, and it looks like he's actually staring at her.

- metaphorically, his sentenced means about peace, but i wanna see it as love ok?

6. The next time he met her, he wanted to hear the children sing. I just found this very romantic, I mean why would he want to hear a group of children sing?

7. The movie. He didn't come back for Feldt, he came back for Marina.

8. In one of the endings of the anime, we see Marina's reflection in the water. Why did i state this? It's because that ending had the 4 boys with their love interest (excluding tiera) (allelujah with Soma, Lockon with Anew), and why would Marina appear at there?

9. At episode 3, on the way to saving allelujah, they show us a scene in why Setsuna is piloting his gundam, while saying MARINA'S name in affectionate and caring tone. Why did I point this out? It's because SUNRISE studios made an anime called "Buddy Complex" (go on, laugh at the title) In which a character named Bizon was romantically attracted to the heroine, Hina. When Hina got lost, Bizon was searching for her, and they gave us a scene where he was piloting his Gundam and also whisphered and said Hina's name affectionately and very similar to how Setsuna said it. In the anime, Bizon is CONFIRMED to have romantic feelings for her, even kissing her.

WHY WOULD SUNRISE ANIMATE THE SAME SCENE WITH SETSUNA AND BIZON? They didn't need to waste anymore paper if it wasn't important.

Feldt:

1. Ok, you guys. Do you remember when Setsuna made that flower shaped thing and you thought it was because of feldt giving the flower to setsuna? Well in theory I don't think that was it. Why?

- He has shown no attraction to her, albeit romantically or anything else.
- If he's not inlove with Marina, it's surely impossible with Feldt, he as shown no hints oftrying to save and care for Feldt.
- The flower has been such a symbol all this time, It was in the dream where he dreamt of Marina, and before the ending of the Movie, he had this astral body which could see people from earth, and at marina's scene a kid is shown giving her a desert flower, which zooms up to setsuna's face (they don't animate these things for nothing guys. It is all scripted)
- Finally, he has such an attachment to this flower AFTER he dreamt about Marina, in this case the desert flower in her oddly resembles a flower named "Marina" http://www.aphotomarine.com/images/marine_plants/plant_spergularia_marina_lesser_sea_spurrey_00_fcu_29-05-05.jpg
http://shinmaru.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/giantspaceflowerwtf.jpg

2. The romance here is very one-sided. Even in the movie Setsuna showed no attraction at all towards her, feldt is like Sakura and Setsuna is like sasuke, only not emo and manipulative and is not close to her at all.
Mar 29, 2015 8:20 AM

Nov 2013
Here's some facts 5 years later.
1.Feldt and Setsuna's relationship is one sided, we all thought that something would happen between Feldt and Setsuna...but the only things that happened were,
1.Feldt crying
2.Feldt excaliming "Setsuna"
3.Feldt crying while exclaiming Setsuna.

SetsunaxMarina is canon if you have seen the manga adaptation of the movie or have a rich enough imagination.
"In the manga, Setsuna returns to Earth when Marina Ismail is old, similar to the movie, however here he uses the power of the ELS to make her young again, and they get married. "
:).
Also I don't like Feldt, she's just a kuudere turned dere. Marina and Setsuna's relationship interest me more.
May 28, 2016 6:40 PM

Apr 2016
Neither.

Marina was interesting, if kinda useless and cheesy with the pacifism, but became nigh pointless in season 2.

Feldt, while having some humor moments in season 1 at her expense, never struck much with a cord with me either, and became just as meaningless throughout season 2.

Besides... Setsuna dosen't need love. As we learned from Nena, and that one conversation where one of the new girls asked if he and Marina were dating, Love and Setsuna have nothing to do with each other. Especially when it involves touching... Until season 2 where he isn't fazed by being hugged because...um... what? Well, this talking about the original anime series, and not the mangas or the follow up movie.
Sep 11, 2017 7:21 AM

Aug 2017
I would have preferred Marina to end up with Setsuna, but it didn't turn out that way. They actually have a lot of screentime together. Feldt's infatuation for Setsuna was annoying to see happen, given how little interaction they shared.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"
Sep 27, 2017 3:50 PM

Feb 2016
Romantic relationships in Gundam00 are sooooo laaammee....among other things ofc, I've never been convinced of the relationships between the characters in this anime
Feb 4, 2018 9:33 AM
Apr 2016
Lol this is late but I prefer Marina over Feldt. I mean I don't ship Setsuna with Marina that much, but I would prefer Marina. I liked Felt with Lockon better and her liking Setsuna, it kind of feels like the creators forced it. I'm not saying that FeldtxSetsuna isn't cute, it's just I don't see it happening. I only see MarinaxSetsuna somewhat happening due to the manga ending. So I choose Marina.
Mar 20, 2018 6:01 AM
Mar 2018
Marina is an extremely annoying and totally useless character, apart from Louise. Both should've died first half of the first season. I mean the woman is too rainbow for a dark world. But i guess war stpries need a stupid chatacter who spouts sugary nonsense every now and then. Feldt for me is just there. It seems that she is always thrown into one-sided relationships cox i only saw Lockon being nice to her. also i absolutely hate neil dylandy. Total douche
Apr 7, 2018 7:15 PM

Feb 2009
Neither is all that feasible because Setsuna just doesn't seem to be looking for love. Both characters are mediocre, but I'm partial to Marina (if I had to pick) because The Feldt thing was extremely forced. Likely because she ended up the most popular female (god knows why, she did nothing). Setsuna never displayed feelings for her.

I think Marina is certainly his "most important person", but it's not romantic. They outright state that a couple times. Maybe it could have been if they didn't have other responsibilities, but that's the way it is.

It is curious to me that they went this route, because I thought they were def setting up Marina/Setsuna through the OPs. They'd always pair them off in the OPs, and it reminded me of SEED where they would pair up Lacus/Kira in every single OP.
Aug 18, 2018 7:35 PM
Jun 2009
Droplet said:
Neither is all that feasible because Setsuna just doesn't seem to be looking for love. Both characters are mediocre, but I'm partial to Marina (if I had to pick) because The Feldt thing was extremely forced. Likely because she ended up the most popular female (god knows why, she did nothing). Setsuna never displayed feelings for her.

I think Marina is certainly his "most important person", but it's not romantic. They outright state that a couple times. Maybe it could have been if they didn't have other responsibilities, but that's the way it is.

It is curious to me that they went this route, because I thought they were def setting up Marina/Setsuna through the OPs. They'd always pair them off in the OPs, and it reminded me of SEED where they would pair up Lacus/Kira in every single OP.

Marina is Relena and Setsuna is Heero.

Relationship doesn't make sense.

But there was no Feldt in Wing so I guess they just paired Heero and Relena.
Jan 10, 2019 4:26 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Neither, because Setsuna is gundamsexual and him being in a romantic relationship doesn’t make sense. I sincerely hope that he doesn’t end up with anyone in the upcoming sequel, I’d rather see lyle make everyone in CB his bitches than romance bullshit involing Setsuna.

While I like Feldt, I detest Marina as she’s a worthless character. I’ve yet to see a character more useless than her. The worst part about Marina is that she gets a lot of screentime in Season 2, while better characters like Allelujah get shafted, that screentime should’ve went to him instead. I dare anyone to tell me her role in the series aside from watching tv, taking care of children, and singing.
Feb 14, 2022 8:55 AM
Feb 2022
LeonhartAugust said:
I detest Marina as she’s a worthless character. I’ve yet to see a character more useless than her.

I'm no anime specialist, but she's there as a reference to real world issues like countries requiring aid from the UN after natural disasters, and what happened to Azadistan is a reference to the war on terror launched by the US, and even similar to the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan today. I'm not even a big fan of Marina (personally ok with her), honestly, 90% of anime fans be like MUH WRITING at this point.

Nov 13, 2022 7:40 AM
Mar 2022
I know this is pretty much an old thread but to give my answer, I vote Feldt. I think they look better together. Only thing I wish is that Setsuna and Feldt gets more scenes together. And since we're on the topic of romance. I also wish Tieria gets together with Mileina. Hopefully neither of the two end up like Anew.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Mar 27, 2009

227 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

psygol - May 29, 2009

50 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 20 Discussion

kage-bunshin - May 20, 2009

38 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 13, 2009

111 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 7, 2009

130 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.