Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 27, 2016 4:25 AM

Aug 2012
This thread is to discuss the latest chapter, you may discuss previous chapter if you like, but beware that the thread will contain spoilers from updated Chapters.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 27, 2016 4:26 AM

Aug 2012
Chapter 966 - 968

Alright! Who thinks the new sensei might be Rum?
I was hoping, since the arc features the school, that the kids would have more role in the investigation :(

Jul 27, 2016 7:31 PM

Aug 2012
Conversation said:
Speaking about Conan, what do you think about the new teacher Wakasa-sensei. Kickass right? Though I think she could be Rum. The latest clue about Rum was the effeminate guy part could be strong woman instead. Wakasa-sensei's clumsiness could be an act, but she might be unable to see some things because one of Rum's eyes was artificial. She wore glasses too. Also she is ten years older than Kobayashi-sensei, and Asaca incident happened 17 years ago so Rum won't be young. What do you think???

I went all yes yes yes on you there until the the 10 years older part. I missed it? How why noooo

But yes, the moment she arrives, that special attention was really suspicious. I thought she could be Rum. Somehow though, the fact that she appears to bee too likely a RUM makes me think she's not.
Gosho-sensei already stated that it's a character that has been mentioned before. Also, this feels like Subaru Okiya/Sera Masumi/Amuro Rei all over again.
Under no basis except a hunch, I say she's not Rum. Gosho-sensei is luring us into thinking she's Rum. I wouldn't throw away the possibility but I will still look at other candidates. If she is Rum, then he's really messing with his fans, giving false build-up.
Some say the lemonade trick is a build up to who RUM could be. Remember professor's trick?
3 glass of lemonade but actually one is not. And no matter what he choose, he will not get lemonade. When the truth was that all three was lemonade but he gulped it down and pretended that it's not. <- I think that was how it goes. It's the basic of the what is told may not be the truth. My concern is that Conan based this off Haibara, who based it off a rumour.
The sensei could be someone important, i.e. FBI or something. I don't think she's RUM.

Wakasa-sensei said it when she introduced herself to the class. She is 37 so Kobayashi is 27. Okiya/Sera/Amuro is like Jodie/Vermouth as Araide-sensei. The thing is it is not just about us as readers suspecting which is which, but whom Conan suspects originally as the Black Organisation's member. Like how at first Conan suspecting Jodie was Vermouth but Vermouth actually disguised herself as Araide. Conan too suspected Okiya to be Bourbon. And right now Conan is suspecting Sera's Mama and the scary-faced police inspector and has not noticed anything wrong with Wakasa-sensei yet.

One way or another, they all ought to have the real identities behind their facade. I am sure Gosho Aoyama will give more information about other real identities that are not Rum (like Okiya turns out to be Akai and Sera his sister). Knowing how he often lines three suspects for his murder cases, I think we have all the possible Rum lined up. Sera's Mama is very curious too, I wonder why she looks so like Haibara.

Aug 8, 2016 7:25 PM

Dec 2015
aa-dono said:
I was hoping, since the arc features the school, that the kids would have more role in the investigation :(

Yeah. I wanted more Mitsuhiko Detective Boys time ><

Signature by Sylinchen / Enchanted Pixels
Aug 8, 2016 7:30 PM

Dec 2015
aa-dono said:
Conversation said:
One way or another, they all ought to have the real identities behind their facade. I am sure Gosho Aoyama will give more information about other real identities that are not Rum (like Okiya turns out to be Akai and Sera his sister). Knowing how he often lines three suspects for his murder cases, I think we have all the possible Rum lined up. Sera's Mama is very curious too, I wonder why she looks so like Haibara.

If using this as base, then the lined up characters are too dear to us!

I rather have Wakase-sensei as RUM then. It would be too hard to accept if Sera's mother turned out to be RUM. That's just sad, and if I remember right, Gosho-sensei doesn't like too much sadness in his stories.

I actually thought... maybe... just maybe the Poirot cafe girl, Azusa. She's just.. hmmm Idk, fishy.

Aug 9, 2016 5:36 AM

Aug 2012
bozumei_chang said:
aa-dono said:

If using this as base, then the lined up characters are too dear to us!

I rather have Wakase-sensei as RUM then. It would be too hard to accept if Sera's mother turned out to be RUM. That's just sad, and if I remember right, Gosho-sensei doesn't like too much sadness in his stories.

I actually thought... maybe... just maybe the Poirot cafe girl, Azusa. She's just.. hmmm Idk, fishy.
@Zuhra

Aug 9, 2016 10:58 AM

Jan 2012
aa-dono said:

Don't think she is Rum, i mean if she is Rum then i guess she already know that Conan is shinichi , why she didn't tell to her boss or others Bo members especially Gin.

and like someone other have said I don't think Gosho is going to use DB's For a serious plot case.DB's are shown for fun.

Aug 10, 2016 6:49 PM

Dec 2015
AllenVonStein said:
aa-dono said:

Don't think she is Rum, i mean if she is Rum then i guess she already know that Conan is shinichi , why she didn't tell to her boss or others Bo members especially Gin.

and like someone other have said I don't think Gosho is going to use DB's For a serious plot case.DB's are shown for fun.

I doubt that for quite a while too. But Gosho is trying to go to unpredictable route and well, there's already a lot of build-ups scenes revolving around the school

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» if you were conan, who would you choose..ran?haibara?ayumi? ( 1 2 3 )

animefreak1393 - Feb 8, 2008

108 by Romangelo »»
May 6, 10:51 AM

» Who do you most like/dislike from the black organzation?

animemanga - Jul 23, 2009

37 by YanYan »»
Mar 25, 3:47 AM

» What do you think would happen if Kaitou Kid shrank just like Conan and Haibara?

panguino729 - Aug 9, 2013

3 by YanYan »»
Mar 25, 3:46 AM

» Edogawa Conan or Kaito Kid

anime-fan-123 - Jul 30, 2009

28 by YanYan »»
Mar 25, 3:45 AM

» who r ur favorite detective conan characters? ( 1 2 )

animefreak1393 - Jul 4, 2009

74 by HIDYA07 »»
Jan 14, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.