Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 11, 2016 5:10 PM

Oct 2015
So "Chiaki" appears in the series, as far as i see it there are 2 posibilities:

1. The setting is the same as in DR2, which would actually make Zetsubou-hen a direct sequel to DR2. Maybe they are doing this to recover their lost friends.

2. "Chiaki" is an original character that may or may not have a family relationship with Fujisaki, she could also just be the real Chiaki that formed as a base for DR2 Chiaki.

Also i have a terrible fear that Izuru Kamukura may end up killing "Chiaki" which may trigger the events for the rest of the series.

Disclaimer: I havent read the novels so maybe i dont have all the information regarding such event
Jul 11, 2016 6:29 PM

Apr 2015
#1 would be very interesting but I doubt that's what would happen.

#2 is much more likely, especially considering (Danganronpa/Zero minor spoilers)
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Jul 12, 2016 7:03 AM
Jan 2015
Jul 12, 2016 3:33 PM

Apr 2016
i'm pretty sure that 2 is more likely to happen than 1 because it seems like a more suitable setting for this anime.
currently in a state of denial
Jul 13, 2016 11:10 PM

Dec 2012
1 is completely out of the case,2 is the only one that makes sense.
Jul 14, 2016 5:18 AM
Apr 2016
2 seems more likely and makes the most sense compared to 1

Jul 14, 2016 5:44 AM

Jul 2013
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jul 14, 2016 9:53 AM

Apr 2008
Please don't let her be a student body representative. Please don't let her be a student body representative. Please don't let her be a student body representative. Please don't let her be a student body representative. Please don't let her be a student body representative....

Or else.... it would be clear where this is headed.... :'(
Jul 14, 2016 10:04 AM
Jan 2016
The Opening and Ending seem focus about Chiaki, and Chisa said that she wonder about bad ending. So Chiaki willllllllll survive

Please, let me hope
Jul 14, 2016 10:56 AM

Oct 2015
IchiroEX said:
Please don't let her be a student body representative. Please don't let her be a student body representative. Please don't let her be a student body representative. Please don't let her be a student body representative. Please don't let her be a student body representative....

Im sure the first 3 episodes will determine that, if by that point she doesnt join the study body representative, her survivability goes up to 40%, if she joins it is at 5%. (LEGIT MATH)

AnguishedOne said:
The Opening and Ending seem focus about Chiaki, and Chisa said that she wonder about bad ending. So Chiaki willllllllll survive

Please, let me hope

Whenever there is hope, despair will set up.
Jul 15, 2016 1:49 AM
Jun 2015
I have a theory that Miaya is the true Chiaki.. Or she died. Either way.
I mean, the thing with Miaya, she helped Chihiro and Matsuda create the Neo world program. If Miaya was Chiaki, maybe she created herself a new identity and added in an AI of herself to the game. I know people think she's Monaca but she's too old and is hinted to be able to walk in episode 1 but decides not to.
I mean, this is one theory.. The other is that she's dead and I'm probably going to cry if anything happens to her or Gundam's hamsters.
Jul 15, 2016 5:22 AM

Dec 2015
Actually the Despair-Arc is a direct prequel. It happens before everything in the series. That much has been confirmed by the official Danganronpa timeline.

http://danganronpa-timeline.tumblr.com/
Jul 15, 2016 5:59 AM

Oct 2015
AzureAceOfficial said:
Actually the Despair-Arc is a direct prequel. It happens before everything in the series. That much has been confirmed by the official Danganronpa timeline.

http://danganronpa-timeline.tumblr.com/

I know that but i also know that it could just end up being a misleading lie.
Jul 15, 2016 6:10 AM

Oct 2015
JewellTH said:
I mean, the thing with Miaya, she helped Chihiro and Matsuda create the Neo world program. If Miaya was Chiaki, maybe she created herself a new identity and added in an AI of herself to the game. I know people think she's Monaca but she's too old and is hinted to be able to walk in episode 1 but decides not to.
I mean, this is one theory.. The other is that she's dead and I'm probably going to cry if anything happens to her or Gundam's hamsters.

The only thing Junko did to Izuru was break his spirit, also i know that Junko told Hajime that Izuru had no memory before the operation but she could be lying to some point, so maybe she tricks Izuru into killing best girl and then Hajime filling guilty about it and wanting to see Chiaki again used his awesome prediction powers to formulate a plan to erase Junko once and for all and also see Chiaki again, even if he loses his memories as Izuru and ultimate powers in the process.
Jul 15, 2016 7:45 AM
Jun 2015
Gonzak said:
JewellTH said:

The only thing Junko did to Izuru was break his spirit, also i know that Junko told Hajime that Izuru had no memory before the operation but she could be lying to some point, so maybe she tricks Izuru into killing best girl and then Hajime filling guilty about it and wanting to see Chiaki again used his awesome prediction powers to formulate a plan to erase Junko once and for all and also see Chiaki again, even if he loses his memories as Izuru and ultimate powers in the process.

Yeah, I had that thought in my mind too in the various ways to kill Chiaki. I have many theories on what's going to happen but I decided to mention the one that I haven't seen mentioned on the forums before.
Jul 21, 2016 2:18 PM

Apr 2008
Gonzak said:
IchiroEX said:

Im sure the first 3 episodes will determine that, if by that point she doesnt join the study body representative, her survivability goes up to 40%, if she joins it is at 5%. (LEGIT MATH)

....................FUCK IT HAPPENED....
Jul 21, 2016 2:51 PM
Feb 2016
Have you noticed, when Nagito in episode 2 said something like "As long as she is our Representative everything is going to be alright"? Well, we know how this tale will end, so I only hope that in that scene there will be New World Order as BGM

Takada-sensei plox
Jul 21, 2016 3:42 PM
Jul 2011
IchiroEX said:
Gonzak said:

I've only played the first two games and that was a year or more ago so I can't recall if they explained that a student body president died or not, but please fill me in.

Also, just reminding myself of what happened to a certain little sister, have they introduced Sato yet? Although she looks different and has a different name, I was thinking it would interesting if they had Nanami have that role. That's probably unlikely as heck since there would be logical inconsistencies that would follow, but it would be neat.
Jul 21, 2016 4:18 PM

Apr 2008
LogiRogi said:
IchiroEX said:

I've only played the first two games and that was a year or more ago so I can't recall if they explained that a student body president died or not, but please fill me in.

Also, just reminding myself of what happened to a certain little sister, have they introduced Sato yet? Although she looks different and has a different name, I was thinking it would interesting if they had Nanami have that role. That's probably unlikely as heck since there would be logical inconsistencies that would follow, but it would be neat.

IchiroEXJul 21, 2016 4:23 PM
Jul 21, 2016 8:38 PM

Aug 2013
Yeah I think there is a good chance she dies but my crazy theory is that she falls to despair and is the one behind Monokuma in the future arc along with Chisa.

Jul 22, 2016 6:43 AM

Oct 2015
Fayt89 said:
Yeah I think there is a good chance she dies but my crazy theory is that she falls to despair and is the one behind Monokuma in the future arc along with Chisa.

At this point that is the only way i can see her survive, that or falling into a coma. I wouldnt say your theory is soo far fetched considering DR2 Chiaki and Despair Arc Chiaki are 2 completely different characters (as far as we know). Still... she is getting close to Hajime, usually this would be a good thing because of Shipping purposes but Izurus spirit will be broken at some point. It could be Chiaki falling into despair and Izuru taking revenge because of it but it could also just be Chiaki getting killed.
Jul 27, 2016 11:46 PM

Apr 2013
i used to hope #1 was gonna be the big plot-twister but after thinking a bit more, #2 is most likely.
chiaki gets killed by izuru, izuru falls deeper into despair.

also game spoiler:
but chapter 0 of dr2 got me thinking that deep inside, hajime/izuru was conscious of himself and chiaki's importance to him. though he was the one who revived ai junko, he did it because he's nevertheless "ultimate hope" and hoped to take back some of his past self knowing junko will lose again. there was a dialogue which said he's going to use junko like she used him.
so the romantic in me says he did it to see chiaki one more time, since he knew they'll put ai chiaki in the program.
sutoriJul 27, 2016 11:53 PM
Jul 28, 2016 5:10 AM
Apr 2011
A certain theory states that Chiaki was called a "traitor" in DR 2 precisely because she didn't join the others in Ultimate Despair. The significance is that the word used was traitor, when there were other words that could be used, like spy or enemy.

For you Hinami fans, I found this video which almost killed me inside, so I am dragging you down with me, since this is the Chiaki thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKqiQfyWljE
Jul 30, 2016 6:22 PM

Oct 2015
sutori said:
i used to hope #1 was gonna be the big plot-twister but after thinking a bit more, #2 is most likely.
chiaki gets killed by izuru, izuru falls deeper into despair.

also game spoiler:
but chapter 0 of dr2 got me thinking that deep inside, hajime/izuru was conscious of himself and chiaki's importance to him. though he was the one who revived ai junko, he did it because he's nevertheless "ultimate hope" and hoped to take back some of his past self knowing junko will lose again. there was a dialogue which said he's going to use junko like she used him.
so the romantic in me says he did it to see chiaki one more time, since he knew they'll put ai chiaki in the program.

Latest DR3 Future episode showed a scene with Izuru standing near some flowers in a bottle of water, which im pretty sure is what people do when they are moarning does who passed away. It cant be for anyone but Chiaki so what you said makes a lot of sense
Aug 3, 2016 6:18 PM
Dec 2015
Fayt89 said:

Yeah, possible. They could be trolling with the viewers. Monokuma's double dragon II special attacks.
http://danganronpa.wikia.com/wiki/File:Monobear_vs_Monomi.jpg
http://danganronpa.wikia.com/wiki/File:Nanami_vs._Willy.jpg
Sep 15, 2016 4:44 PM

Oct 2015
So Izuru will most surely seek revenge agaisnt Junko after this episode. The flower when Naegi found him has to be him paying respects for Chiaki. Also there is like a 1% that Izuru saves Chiaki but she ends comatosed or something among those lines, that would explain how they got the AI but she wasnt able to participate. If she survives she could still be the 13th branch leader, but this is extremely unlikely, i will still hope for it.
Sep 15, 2016 5:21 PM

Sep 2011
Gonzak said:
So Izuru will most surely seek revenge agaisnt Junko after this episode. The flower when Naegi found him has to be him paying respects for Chiaki. Also there is like a 1% that Izuru saves Chiaki but she ends comatosed or something among those lines, that would explain how they got the AI but she wasnt able to participate. If she survives she could still be the 13th branch leader, but this is extremely unlikely, i will still hope for it.
I thought about that too but i think this is about as dead as you can get in this series, Izuru probably could of saved her if he made a move when she was talking to him but i think by the time he started crying and had any resemblances of hinata she was already dead.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2016

225 by Beguni »»
May 1, 8:21 AM

» *spoilers* Why do people not like this season?

kakashis_sidehoe - Mar 26, 2023

33 by Kiryotsu »»
Jan 5, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2016

526 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 4, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2016

242 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2016

255 by KSkillmyself »»
Dec 7, 2023 11:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.