Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 27, 2016 2:16 PM
Apr 2016
Quite a few people on here and the rest of the internet seem to like Asian drama, and I'm bored, so I figured I'd give it a try. Anyone have suggestions for where I can start?
Jun 27, 2016 2:21 PM

Jan 2015
Amachan

That's the first stuff that came out in my mind, a light and heart warming one

la critique de l'intention pure
Jun 27, 2016 3:39 PM

Dec 2013
This is going to sound counter-intuitive but here's my advice: start with a couple highly popular, usually overrated, melodramatic shows and just grit your teeth through them. Something like Boys Over Flowers or Winter Sonata. Asian drama has a cheese factor that requires some 'adjustment', but once made the gems will be more enjoyable. Just my .02.
Jun 27, 2016 4:25 PM

Feb 2013
女人不哭 (Silent Tears) - Female protagonist

血色浪漫 (Romantic Life) - Male protagonist

Both focus on the life of the protagonist growing up from a teen to an adult, facing hardships along the way and maturing as a person.

Silent tears is way more serious and sad.
Jun 27, 2016 4:56 PM

Dec 2007
My first drama was Kimi wa Pet many moons ago, which was cute and fun for the most part. Not a bad choice, looking back. First Korean was Autumn Tale, which took to the other extreme. It's considered something of a classic, but eh.. I wouldn't recommend it. I digress..

If I had to recommend one, maybe Coffee Prince or My Boss, My Hero. The first is still probably the best romance drama I've seen and the second is perhaps the funniest.

Although Gymkata may have a point in starting with one of the more popular, overhyped dramas.

Amachan is fantastic, too. Excellent choice. Don't let the episode count scare you off; they are short and easy-going.
Jun 27, 2016 5:59 PM

Dec 2013
An easy segue into drama land, especially coming from anime, might also be NANA. It was a lot better than I was expected, although I still much prefer the anime.
DouluoJun 27, 2016 6:54 PM
Jun 27, 2016 6:37 PM
Apr 2016
Gymkata said:
This is going to sound counter-intuitive but here's my advice: start with a couple highly popular, usually overrated, melodramatic shows and just grit your teeth through them. Something like Boys Over Flowers or Winter Sonata. Asian drama has a cheese factor that requires some 'adjustment', but once made the gems will be more enjoyable. Just my .02.

Hahaha XD I saw a few episodes of Boys Over Flowers a long time ago and God, it was cheesy, so I get what you're saying. Sometimes cheesy is enjoyable.
Jun 27, 2016 7:49 PM

Jan 2016
The only one I've seen is Detectives of Seonam Girls' High School. It's very good - it's funny (a bit cringey) but also deals with a lot of serious issues.

Come to think of it, I'm watching Good Morning Call on Netflix. The acting isn't very good, but it's still entertaining. Adapted from this shoujo manga.
Jun 27, 2016 9:26 PM

Jul 2012
Reply 1997

Jewel in the Palace

Missing Noir M
Jun 27, 2016 9:27 PM

Nov 2015

I've only seen a couple of scenes from this movie but they were pretty god damn dope lol
Jul 4, 2016 2:47 AM

Aug 2015
coffee prince - girl that looks like a guy
oh my ghost - virgin ghost posesses someone's body to flirt with guys
oh my venus - popular/ pretty girl becomes fat and lonely
pinocchio - a reporting mistake ruins a family
Jul 4, 2016 2:55 AM
May 2015
1 Litre of tears is really good. While watching you must have tissues because you might cry over a litre.
(It's about a 15 year old girl and she's happy with her family and her life until one day she finds out her brain cells are deteriorating and she'll no longer be able to live normally)

14 year old mother is good too. (A girl that gets pregnant at 14 and has to deal with people looking down on her).
deactivated170410Jul 4, 2016 2:59 AM
Jul 4, 2016 3:26 AM

Jul 2016
Gabagool said:

I've only seen a couple of scenes from this movie but they were pretty god damn dope lol

How dare you recommend people something you didn't watch fully? Well, luckily I did, long time ago though. Kinda forget, but from my memory, it's kinda good.
Jul 4, 2016 3:46 AM

Dec 2014
bluesoul_dagger said:
1 Litre of tears is really good. While watching you must have tissues because you might cry over a litre.
(It's about a 15 year old girl and she's happy with her family and her life until one day she finds out her brain cells are deteriorating and she'll no longer be able to live normally)

14 year old mother is good too. (A girl that gets pregnant at 14 and has to deal with people looking down on her).

+1 to both, :)

The guy from 14 sai no haha, stars in bloody monday.

My recommendation,

Galileo 1st season, then ova and then the movie titled, The devotion of suspect x.

Trick (season 2 is the best for me.)

And my fave,

Nobuta wo Produce. ( too bad that Femc is married to another guy irl, i was shipping her with main dude.) XD

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7587 by SilentAssassin88 »»
19 minutes ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3387 by SilentAssassin88 »»
20 minutes ago

» This is one the most gay music vids i have seen^^

tsukareru - 3 hours ago

0 by tsukareru »»
3 hours ago

» BEST WEEZER SONG???

removed-user - Jan 29

5 by Eternal_Rest »»
5 hours ago

» What sort of songs do you listen to ? ( 1 2 )

scarydragon - Aug 1, 2023

52 by Eternal_Rest »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.