Forum Settings
Forums

Looking romance manga and anime no love triangles/harem

New
Jun 25, 2016 5:17 PM
Jan 2016
So yeah I'm looking for some Romance manga or anime without any god damn love triangles like at all, none I hate them so much. Comedy is pretty nice to but not required, and if it is a comedy please make it so that the Romance is the main focus for any recommendation to. No action adventure or anything like that, I'm not in the mood. Shoujo is fine but not to cliche to and none of that dumbass heroine shit. Also no one shots or really short like 1 volume manga. 14+chapters or more pls. It can be ongoing, just starting, or completed, but needs to scanlated or being scanlated i can't read Japanese unfortunately.
NO INSCEST IS BEST, Yoai, Shonen Ai, Shoujo AI or like really old people to pls. Oh and recommend something that has them become a couple or something like that. If it has drama don't make it so overdramatic something like A Garden of Words drama is fine. Speaking of A Garden of Words if anyone has an anime or manga similar to this but with more closure and maybe a little more light hearted, it doesn't have to be more light hearted but more closure needs to be there, I'd love you forever. Another point of its completed there must be closure and in like tragic ending know what I mean.

So main points:

1. NO LOVE TRIANGLES/HAREM at all
2.Closure
3.Comedy is recommended but not necessary
4.Romance is the main plot
5.If there is drama not to much and not cliche shoujo drama
6.Im fine with shoujo but not to cliche
7.No action/adventure
8.No tragedy
9.If you know an anime/manga similar to A Garden of Words with more closure and no love triangle pls tell me
10.No yaoi, incest (including cousins and step-siblings at least not the main couple), shoujo Ai, and the likes, no gender blender
11. Good art is recommended
12. Not to short
13. There can be sports and music but again not the main point
14. Being scanted or completely scanlated
And thank you, yeah I know its a lot to ask and I'm sorry but I have to throw another hurdle at you, Ive read ALOT OF MANGA but I've never kept a record of it so yeah, if its really popular I've probably read it but still feel free to recommend and again thank you very much. I'll try to fix up my list.

P.S: If you are just dying to recommend me an AMAZING romance manga/anime but it has a love triangle don't do it UNLESS the other guy has no chance and its really really short AND thats only if its an amazing manga/anime ONLY with great ART. An example would be something like Skill of Lure

Horimiya was great, and I like pride complex to, A Garden of Words was amazing exactly what I'm looking for but please I need closure.

And if you could include a MU link that'd be nice.

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO GO THROUGH THIS I LOVE YOU
ishishJun 25, 2016 5:42 PM
Jun 25, 2016 5:45 PM

Feb 2015
Clannad
Higashi no Eden
Nodame Cantabile
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuioku-hen
Nana
Cross Game
Eureka Seven
Nagi no Asukara
Sakamichi no Apollon
Jun 25, 2016 5:51 PM
Jan 2016
brandon221234 said:
Clannad
Higashi no Eden
Nodame Cantabile
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuioku-hen
Nana
Cross Game
Eureka Seven
Nagi no Asukara
Sakamichi no Apollon

Right ill watch Higashi
maybe Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
by Cross Game do you mean the older one or the one about lacrosse
will read magi no asukara and sakamichi
Thanks fan
i already have watched rurouni and eureka seven and clannad and nodame and i don't like Nana's art
ishishJun 25, 2016 5:54 PM
Jun 25, 2016 6:22 PM
Feb 2016
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai - Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen
- This is probably the least dramatic you can get. Two (kind of) tsundere geniuses try to get the other to confess. I highly recommend it.

Takane to Hana
- It's a very refreshing shoujo manga. The female lead actually has a backbone and has a pretty entertaining personality, in my opinion. I don't think it has too much serious drama. It's mainly comedy.

Aizawa-san Zoushoku
- Not sure if this counts as a harem or not (you'll understand what I mean if you read the summary). I don't really see it as one. It's mostly a slice-of-life comedy series.

That's it for now. I'll let you know if I find anymore notable series.
SlothsAllTheWayJun 25, 2016 6:26 PM
Jun 25, 2016 6:24 PM
Jan 2016
SlothsAllTheWay said:
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai - Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen
-This is probably the least dramatic you can get. Two (kind of) tsundere geniuses try to get the other to confess. I highly recommend it.

Takane to Hana
- It's a very refreshing shoujo manga. The female lead actually has a backbone and has a pretty entertaining personality, in my opinion. I don't think it has too much serious drama. It's mainly comedy.

Thx for the recommendations but I'm already reading those to i gotta update my list some more
Jun 25, 2016 6:29 PM
Feb 2016
Gotcha. I'll make sure to check your list before giving more suggestions. ;)
Jun 25, 2016 6:32 PM
Jan 2016
SlothsAllTheWay said:
Gotcha. I'll make sure to check your list before giving more suggestions. ;)

no its not ur fault its mine i never really made a Mal list so now I'm trying to update everything I read into it
Jun 25, 2016 6:35 PM
Feb 2016
Ah, ok. Take your time. I'll come back later once you've finished updating it.
Jun 25, 2016 6:41 PM
Jan 2016
SlothsAllTheWay said:
Ah, ok. Take your time. I'll come back later once you've finished updating it.

I don't know how longs thats gonna take but ill try my best, but chances are I'm gonna miss a lot should have made this earlier.
Jun 25, 2016 11:23 PM
Jan 2016
any more recommendations from anyone
Jul 22, 2016 6:29 PM
Jan 2016
can i get some recommendations anyone
bump
Jul 22, 2016 6:34 PM

Jan 2014
Clannad
Say I love you
Jul 22, 2016 6:37 PM

Dec 2015
Bonnouiji (manga). It is complete and fully translated. There is no drama whatsoever so no love triangles or angst. It is just a simple and sweet story of 2 people falling in love. The characters are adults in their 20s (hope that is not too old for you). The art is cute and perfectly matches the tone of the manga.They become a couple in the middle of them manga and end up getting married at the end so it has a proper conclusion.

It is also very similar to Horimiya which you mentioned with the difference being that it is complete.
purpJul 22, 2016 6:41 PM
Jul 22, 2016 6:38 PM

Jul 2016
Idk if it will meet your standards but try Maid Sama or Kimi ni Todoke if you haven't yet!

More topics from this board

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

21 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
8 minutes ago

» Any anime with a despicable/contemptible villain?

Gfralp - 2 hours ago

1 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
29 minutes ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Apr 24

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
33 minutes ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

7 by Tsuyatoash »»
59 minutes ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.