Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 3, 2016 10:10 PM
May 2016
Does the opening/ending songs for anime matter to you? Do you like them to fit the theme of the anime? (Romantic anime with a romantic opening song?)
Or do you like things to be different? (Slice of life with a rock for the opening song? lol. That happened in an anime but I forgot the name.)

And what about the videos for the songs? What do you like in them? :)
not here
Jun 3, 2016 10:16 PM

May 2014
As long as the song is good, I don't mind if it's fast or slow. I loved Ring of Fortune from Plastic Memories, but I also loved What's up People from Death note.

Even if it doesn't match the anime, if it's a good song then I'll listen to it.

I used to dread watching Ghost Hunt because the opening song was so tedious and turned me off the series. A shame since the series wasn't bad at all IMO.
Jun 3, 2016 10:17 PM

Nov 2015
Well...I like it to match the anime because I would find it weird for them to not match. For example: Death Parade's Opening doesnt suit it and is really misleading.

In the animation then I dont really mind what is used. I like for it to be surprising and just have to match the song.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2016 10:23 PM

Oct 2014
Zenbu.

I've liked a lot of anime themes of different genres and they all have their own strengths. It would be boring if they were all the same genre. It's interesting when an anime uses a less common genre like WataMote using a heavy metal OP.
Jun 3, 2016 10:25 PM

Oct 2014
The OP and ED are a separate and different thing from the actual show. I think Re:Zero ED is amazing, yet I find the show terrible.

About the BGM, I like when it fits the show in a symbiotic way. It doesn't has to be amazing from a composition standpoint. It only has to fit, and hopefully enhance, the mood of the scene where it is put.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
Jun 3, 2016 10:31 PM

Aug 2015
Anime should abandon the use of OPs and EDs entirely. A title-card with a sound-effect (as Law and Order or Regular Show) is all you need.
Jun 3, 2016 10:38 PM

Mar 2015
as long it fits with the scane, i have no complain... big order thou...

"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 3, 2016 10:44 PM

Jan 2015
Death Parade OP - that was epic..
Guilty Crown 2nd OP - eargasm hahaha..
Elfen Lied OP - creepy, but at the same time perfect
Jun 3, 2016 10:45 PM

Dec 2015
They need to fit the anime. Even if the song is good on itself I'm not going to like it if it seems out of place. Scandals Harukaze f.e. is a great song on its own but it doesn't fit Bleach in the slightest. On the other hand A Cruel Angel's Thesis is a rather mediocre piece on its own but it suits NGE like a custom made glove. If I had to choose between those two I would choose the latter even though I prefer the first song on its own.
Jun 3, 2016 10:46 PM

Nov 2012
I find myself liking English songs in OP or ED.
Jun 3, 2016 10:46 PM

Dec 2013
Classical based, as much as possible. I don't give two shits about an Op/Ed when composers like Masamichi, Kanno (both), Oshima, and Hisaishi are at the helm with fully orchestrated scores.
Jun 3, 2016 10:50 PM

Nov 2015
Stuff like the GITS SAC and Ergo Proxy op's really get me pumped. I really don't care about the visuals, but figuring out what the BokuMachi op meant was pretty fun too.

Agrestis said:
Anime should abandon the use of OPs and EDs entirely. A title-card with a sound-effect (as Law and Order or Regular Show) is all you need.

Then I wouldn't have anything to put on my iPod lmao
thanks @grimace for the jon stamp i love you

More topics from this board

Poll: » what is your stance on "i don't wanna watch that anime, the art style sucks" ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Yesterday

74 by Daviljoe193 »»
23 seconds ago

» Is romance/slice of life the greatest anime genre? ( 1 2 )

Semester1 - May 28

72 by Thereisnoonehere »»
4 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9131 by Alpha-Nine »»
8 minutes ago

» why the double standard?

Cielord - 10 hours ago

25 by WatchTillTandava »»
17 minutes ago

» Does complexity made an anime better? And what is your favourite complex anime

niknasr - 18 minutes ago

0 by niknasr »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.