Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 31, 2016 8:01 PM

May 2010
Anybody else kinda happy Vagabond never got a butchered anime adaptation? Dont get me wrong, I'm not completely against a Vagabond anime... I just don't think it would ever be done properly in this day in age.
Vagabond is one of the most visually beautiful manga i've ever seen. Takehiko obviously puts a high level of attention to details in each panel. Characters are expressive and backgrounds are lush.

Do ya'll REALLY think an anime would do it just service!? lol

For them to truly capture the art, they would have to treat each episode with Movie-quality animations and detail...What's the likely hood of that happening in this $$ driven industry?

I'm not saying its impossible, but I'd rather have NO anime adaptation than to have some bullshit CGI animation like Berserk or Aijin.

Last anime I saw that matched the great art of its manga counterpart was Hellsing: Ultimate.
May 31, 2016 10:38 PM

Nov 2014
I will only agree for an ova of the same quality as LoGH.

Jun 2, 2016 12:56 AM

Mar 2014
I'm grateful it has yet to get one and I'm hopeful it never will.
Jun 3, 2016 1:53 PM

May 2010
ziggy_Z said:
I'm grateful it has yet to get one and I'm hopeful it never will.

Idk man, Maybe someday some billionaire will donate to madhouse in order to make a god-tier Vagabond anime
Jun 3, 2016 6:06 PM

Jan 2014
I'm neither happy nor unhappy, if the anime could be bad just don't watch it. At least the manga must be finished first,
Jun 3, 2016 6:23 PM

May 2015
Benevolance said:
Anybody else kinda happy Vagabond never got a butchered anime adaptation? Dont get me wrong, I'm not completely against a Vagabond anime... I just don't think it would ever be done properly in this day in age.

I would want it to get a GOOD adaption obviously. But no, I disagree anyway. It being good would be a reward, it being bad would be harmless if it's bad from the start.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Jun 7, 2016 4:40 PM

Jul 2009
Yes. Not kinda. But absolutely happy.
There's some very good quality manga out there that doesn't need an anime adaptation, ever !
Like Vinland Saga and Vagabond. Not only there's a very good chance that the studio mess it up but (here comes my weird point of view) then the anime will get popular and there will be an annoying fanbase and it won't be limited to the readers who have good taste and actually dig these manga up. Once there's an anime adaptation it won't be the same anymore (and again this is my own weird opinion)
Some manga just have to stay as they are. In that pure and beautiful form.
Jun 9, 2016 10:14 AM

May 2010
shinka_otaku said:
Yes. Not kinda. But absolutely happy.
There's some very good quality manga out there that doesn't need an anime adaptation, ever !
Like Vinland Saga and Vagabond. Not only there's a very good chance that the studio mess it up but (here comes my weird point of view) then the anime will get popular and there will be an annoying fanbase and it won't be limited to the readers who have good taste and actually dig these manga up. Once there's an anime adaptation it won't be the same anymore (and again this is my own weird opinion)
Some manga just have to stay as they are. In that pure and beautiful form.

Yeah I wish Berserk didnt get one...but i'm a hypocrite at the same time lol. I'm still gonna watch it when it airs nxt month regardless of shitty CGI
Jun 21, 2016 6:31 AM
Jun 2010
Vagabond could work as a movie or high budget OVA series. Think of something like Kara no Kyoukai, or Yamato 2199.
But as the manga doesn't need anime as publicity, an adaptation becomes less likely. It may still happen when the manga approaches it's end, or at some milestone celebration.
Caio_EstevesJun 21, 2016 7:23 AM
Jun 22, 2016 8:51 AM

Jul 2009
Benevolance said:
Yeah I wish Berserk didnt get one...but i'm a hypocrite at the same time lol. I'm still gonna watch it when it airs nxt month regardless of shitty CGI

Me too ! I really hate CGI but I will make an exception for berserk. I'm not sure if I'd stick to it though. If it's bad I'll just drop it
Jul 2, 2016 7:17 AM

Jul 2016
Considering what has happened to Berserk 3 times in a row, I agree with you.

I would rather have no adaptation at all if its going to be butchered. And Berserk is too dark & gritty for anime anyway.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 327 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Interstice - May 24, 2015

105 by wafflegir »»
Apr 16, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 2 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jan 15, 2012

16 by Goongalar »»
Apr 13, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 59 Discussion

DeleteThisShit - Nov 28, 2013

13 by dantehasdantedme »»
Apr 12, 11:54 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 322 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Jan 19, 2014

37 by astoneon »»
Apr 11, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 315 Discussion

Raikoye - May 25, 2013

13 by astoneon »»
Apr 11, 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.