Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 29, 2016 8:47 PM

Apr 2016
I am pretty much a noob here and I haven't had the chance to talk with anyone here as yet so please excuse me if this has already been discussed x_______x
Is there a reputation system? You know where you can give positive or negative reputation to users based on their posts..
If there is, can you please show me how? If not, I would like to recommend so >_____<
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 29, 2016 8:57 PM

Jan 2009
reputation system like karma system is prone to abuse by circlejerks though, if you are not part of a group or circlejerk then your karma will always be low meanwhile those who have high karma will be more arrogant on the forums, so nah thats not needed here at all
May 29, 2016 9:01 PM

Apr 2016
skitzo said:
reputation system like karma system is prone to abuse by circlejerks though, if you are not part of a group or circlejerk then your karma will always be low meanwhile those who have high karma will be more arrogant on the forums, so nah thats not needed here at all

Thank you very much for your reply Skitzo san. I completely understand that point but I think it is such a shame at the same time... because I would really like to give reputation (or karma like you call it) to some people for the work they make. I have noticed some really talented people around.

Thank you very much for the info either way.
May 29, 2016 9:03 PM

Jan 2009
Amenoire said:
skitzo said:

Thank you very much for your reply Skitzo san. I completely understand that point but I think it is such a shame at the same time... because I would really like to give reputation (or karma like you call it) to some people for the work they make. I have noticed some really talented people around.

you can just thank those persons you admire/value here by writing about it on their profile comments or sending them a private message, im sure they will like that more

and no problem
May 29, 2016 9:06 PM

Apr 2016
skitzo said:
Amenoire said:

you can just thank those persons you admire/value here by writing about it on their profile comments or sending them a private message, im sure they will like that more

and no problem

Indeed. Sounds like there's a very dark past in all this u.u ... so I shall be content with that much.
May 29, 2016 10:04 PM

Nov 2015
Nah.
You're gonna have to make do with looking at their post count, number of friends and comments on their profile..
May 29, 2016 10:37 PM

Oct 2014
This would encourage elitism as even the most accurate systems can be manipulated. Users with the highest reputation would most likely be people who know how to get people to upvote their profile (ie. people with good business sense) rather than people who are talented in other ways and would more rightfully deserve that credit. I get comments on my profile about things like how much they like my profile, and it makes me feel better than just a number increasing would. There are list views and profile views so if you feel like it would mean anything you could refresh someone's list a bunch of times to show your respect.
May 29, 2016 11:15 PM

Nov 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
you could refresh someone's list a bunch of times to show your respect.

I don't think it works that way tho..
May 29, 2016 11:29 PM

Jun 2015
Gesu- said:
zombie_pegasus said:
you could refresh someone's list a bunch of times to show your respect.

Does it not? Let me refresh your profile 10x and see if it works.
May 29, 2016 11:31 PM

Nov 2015
BeBackinaSec said:
Gesu- said:

Do it..
May 29, 2016 11:32 PM

Jun 2015
Gesu- said:
BeBackinaSec said:

Do it..

Did it work?
May 29, 2016 11:33 PM

Nov 2015
BeBackinaSec said:
Gesu- said:

Do it..

Did it work?

How many times did you do it?
It increased by 14
May 29, 2016 11:38 PM

Jun 2015
Gesu- said:
BeBackinaSec said:

Did it work?

It increased by 14

13 times. So it works. Those alt makers just to increase profile views are telling the truth.
May 29, 2016 11:43 PM

Nov 2015
BeBackinaSec said:
Gesu- said:

It increased by 14

13 times. So it works. Those alt makers just to increase profile views are telling the truth.

Yep, on my way to reporting lol..
May 29, 2016 11:48 PM

Feb 2016
The only way I see a karma/reputation system being done is if it's like GameFAQs, but I don't really see such a overhaul being implemented plus could be some stipulations/GFAQs owns entitlement to the system and others can't copy. (Idk, but just keeping copyrights and such in mind.)

I think I could see a "Like" system working out though. No dislike though, just thumbs up to posts. So rather than qouting someone when you have nothing to add, you can just +1 their post. Pretty much like how some forums have a "Thank" system. Which is what this is a reference to, just replace "Thank" with "Like" or "+1".

More like Google+ I think has, I guess.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
May 30, 2016 2:13 AM
Nov 2014
No reason for that to be here,it would be abused anyway
May 30, 2016 3:24 AM
Jul 2018
This is an anime forum ffs tbh. I don't think we really need any like or thanks or w.e sort of system.
May 30, 2016 4:19 PM

Sep 2011
This has been suggested before: Upvote, karma, reputation, etc. These have all been denied as far as I know as it just leads to circlejerking.

Thread Locked for being a duplicate of many
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 24, 9:57 PM

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 24, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Apr 23, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.