Forum Settings
Forums

Manga with Romance where MC tries to get his crush to look his way but she has crush on someone else?

New
May 27, 2016 1:15 PM

Oct 2013
Sorry for confusing title. Lets say the MC (male) likes someone he knows, she could be a childhood friend or suttin but she has a crush on someone else and she doesn't think of MC as a man but more of a friend or a brother. MC tries to get her to look his way but it doesn't seem to work no matter what he does so the story can go two ways.

1. He gives up and starts focusing on just himself and starts to change, he slowly starts to look more, dependable, grown, mature and she slowly starts to look his way and thinks of him as a man.

2. He does something that the girls crush is also doing like....lets say its some kind of sport or martial arts contest for example and he really starts to show he's better than him and a small rivalry begins, the MC gets better n better and slowly makes the other guy seem smaller in comparison and the girl starts looking his way.

I seen/read stories like that but can't remember em. I wanna read suttin like that again.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
May 27, 2016 2:34 PM

Jul 2015
Maybe try Watashi ni xx Shinasai? I mean in a way, it is related to what you're asking, but then again, you be the judge of that. I'll just give you the synopsis so that you can decide for yourself, because I'm not sure if I can word it correctly. I mean the male lead doesn't like her at first, thought she likes him, then he starts to change, then she ends up liking someone else because later on he does something "wrong" then she's driven towards another character, and ya idk how to explain it this manga is complicated but anyway here's the synopsis!

Himuro Yukina, a girl feared by most students for her piercing glare, is secretly a famous cellphone novelist, Yupina. While searching for material on 'love,' something she has never experienced, she stumbles onto Shigure's, the most popular boy in school's, secret. He is actually a serious womanizer who writes down all his accomplishments in his Student ID book. Cleverly using this evidence, Yukina blackmails Shigure into love-acting and teaching her about 'love.' But Akira, Yukina's childhood friend and cousin, is not happy at all with this turn of events. Used to being the only person who's not afraid of Yukina's glare, how will Shigure react to Yukina's sudden shift in attention? How will he respond when the love-acting becomes more than just acting for him?

Beware: This is a shoujo manga. There's quite a bit of love triangles, but trust me, there is a conclusion to the romance (as in the couple DOES form). Sorry if what I said was confusing. I'll stop talking now.

caught in the wonder
May 27, 2016 2:49 PM

Oct 2013
Striktlyy said:
Maybe try Watashi ni xx Shinasai? I mean in a way, it is related to what you're asking, but then again, you be the judge of that. I'll just give you the synopsis so that you can decide for yourself, because I'm not sure if I can word it correctly. I mean the male lead doesn't like her at first, thought she likes him, then he starts to change, then she ends up liking someone else because later on he does something "wrong" then she's driven towards another character, and ya idk how to explain it this manga is complicated but anyway here's the synopsis!

Himuro Yukina, a girl feared by most students for her piercing glare, is secretly a famous cellphone novelist, Yupina. While searching for material on 'love,' something she has never experienced, she stumbles onto Shigure's, the most popular boy in school's, secret. He is actually a serious womanizer who writes down all his accomplishments in his Student ID book. Cleverly using this evidence, Yukina blackmails Shigure into love-acting and teaching her about 'love.' But Akira, Yukina's childhood friend and cousin, is not happy at all with this turn of events. Used to being the only person who's not afraid of Yukina's glare, how will Shigure react to Yukina's sudden shift in attention? How will he respond when the love-acting becomes more than just acting for him?

Beware: This is a shoujo manga. There's quite a bit of love triangles, but trust me, there is a conclusion to the romance (as in the couple DOES form). Sorry if what I said was confusing. I'll stop talking now.

I tried this before and wasn't really really feelin it unfortunately.

any others?
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
May 27, 2016 7:57 PM

Sep 2014
http://myanimelist.net/manga/83629/Full_Dozer?q=full%20do

This kinda fits. But it is short and
May 28, 2016 2:49 AM

Oct 2013
Seepos said:

Is it males point of view?
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
May 28, 2016 5:17 AM

Feb 2016
School Rumble- Really lighthearted and funny fits both of the criteria you described the only thing though....
May 28, 2016 5:38 AM

Sep 2014
daAmazinFatB0y said:
Seepos said:

Is it males point of view?

Yes it is. And god damn this "Your message must contain 15 characters excluding BBCode, quotes, images, and spaces."
May 28, 2016 6:17 AM

Feb 2015
errrr nvm you said manga not anime.
Best Couple of All Time

Kamille x Four (Zeta Gundam)
Aug 13, 2017 4:48 PM

Oct 2013
LeBlanch said:
SUUUUPER LATE but what anime were you about to suggest?

@Malicre Yeah I'm curious too lol
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba

More topics from this board

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

20 by windyshadow »»
1 hour ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - 8 hours ago

3 by vasipi4946 »»
1 hour ago

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

9 by AnimeDownUnder »»
4 hours ago

» Anime male character not abused by female characters

EleganteX - Aug 15, 2015

22 by thorin001 »»
5 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

6 by thorin001 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.