Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 17, 2016 12:05 PM

Jan 2014
I already watch the first episode when it first aired in early April, but I put it on hold. When I see Re-Zero score keep raising to more than 8.5, my curiosity make me marathon it from episode 2 to 7 in a single watch. I think I'm in too hurry to watch it that maybe make me miss something, so I have few questions :
1. Why Rem want to kill Subaru? She looked like really hate him though Subaru love both Ram and Rem
2. In his 1st and 2nd death, is it Rem to who killed him too?
3. If it's her, why she did that?
4. In episode 7, is Rem die connected to Subaru "Returns by Death?"
5. Is it better to watch it weekly or marathon it until it's finished airing?
May 17, 2016 12:23 PM

Apr 2015
1. She mentioned that he reeks of the witch's stench and is most likely connected to the Witch's Cult. Rem and Ram seem to have a really dark past with this cult and witches in general. Aside from that at numerous points it was mentioned that the witch is probably the greatest evil this world knows. So in essence Subaru has a completely perceivable connection to the worst in the world. It's basically like someone would reek of Satan in our world.

2. What caused his 1st death is not known yet in the anime because Subaru literally didn't see hear or felt anything in his sleep. Since we as the viewers share the same POV as Subaru we are just as clueless. The 2nd death was most likely caused by Rem ( at this point in the anime we can only assume it with a high possibility ) because we only see her using that chained weapon. If you listen closely you can hear the sound of chain right before his death.

3. Because of the same reason I addressed in "1."

4. For now we can rule that out as her death is extremely similar to Subaru's. She died of weakness during her sleep which indicates that a curse was at work here. As we already know from Beatrice curses have this effect and can be lethal.

5. I'd say watch it weekly. The fact that you can craft theories and speculate with others is a nice gimmick that the anime simulcast brings with it ( if something like that brings you joy of course ). It also depends on what kind of person you are. Some are way more hit by the themes this story addresses than others. If you're a very sensitive person then you might appreciate this one week break. I know what awaits us in this season and if you're sensitive this can easily take a huge toll on you.

I hope I could help :)
May 17, 2016 8:53 PM
Jul 2018
1. Becoz of witch's scent that was mentioned by Rem.
2. First death- yet to be explained. Second- probably Rem due to the sound of chains, but he was still poisoned.
3. Same reason, witch's scent. Also Rem hated the witch which you already know.
4. No.
5. Depends on you. I would watch weekly for the theories in ep discussion.
Apr 4, 4:25 AM

Mar 2024

1. Bad writing.
  2. Yes.
  3. Bad writing.
  4. No.
  5. It's bad either way.

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

21 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:29 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.