Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 14, 2016 8:24 AM
Jul 2018
I'm watching only four of them at the moment.
I think Mayoiga is quite good, and so far it's a 7/10 for me.
I didn't think I would like Stray Dogs, but I actually like it and I think it's funny.
Don't know what to say about Joker Game. Yes, engrish is awful, but other than that, it's a good anime.
Seisen Cerberus is not good, but I'm still watching it, don't really know why.

And Hero Academia disappointed me around 2nd or 3rd episode so I dropped it.
May 14, 2016 8:40 AM

Aug 2015
Re:Zero has bad art?
And OP arrived to this conclusion by comparing 2 hand-picked ugly stills (one including a background character) of a 25 episode anime with 2 hand-picked stills from the PV of a 3 episode OVA series comprised of hand-picked cuts only and not much background work.
pfff.

And this season has some top tier SOL anime like Tanaka-kun, Flying Witch, etc.

Bungou Stray Dogs works perfectly fine for me as I have not read the manga. Sakamoto is funny in places and I like Sousei no Onmyoji(dont know why).

So I wouldn't call this season disappointing.
You've done nothing but spout meaningless prattle. - Yukino Yukinoshita.
May 14, 2016 8:49 AM

Oct 2014
_Yato_God said:
BlueBalls said:

RE:Zero isn't bad overall but the animation and art doesn't look good. It doesn't handle the drama very well either. I think the atmosphere isn't as tense as it should be, the humor isn't very funny and the main character isn't very likeable.

You wot mate? Re:Zero doesn't have good art and animation, this is the joke of the day for me! Ty
Imo it has got one of the best animation of all time.
I agree that the main character might not be the smartest guy but he is not that bad either.
I like this season animes.
re:zero one of the best animation of all times?
great joke
May 14, 2016 8:51 AM

Oct 2014
kryptic2g said:
Jojo alone saved the season even tough there is nothing to save since this season is pretty amazing but idk man there is always special snowflakes like you that don't enjoy anything.

having jojo in any season makes everything better
May 14, 2016 8:53 AM

Jul 2013
We are practically in the middle of the season, so I will write my impressions of the series that I'm watching this season:

-Boku no Hero Academia: A really nice shonen anime. The MC so far is likeable and has suffered some cool character development, the supporting cast is great (especially All Might), the opening is badass, and the pacing is perfect, seriosuly, finally a shounen who doesn't rush things and take it time to introduce the world and the characters. Hopefully will get even better with the appearence of the antagonists.

On another note, I might even ending reading the manga of this. I haven't watched a shonen that entertaining since I ended JoJo.

-JoJo Part 4 Diamond is Unbreakable: JoJo made it again. This has turned into my AOTS for the moment. Has all the things I liked from Stardust Crusaders plus a new cast of equally likeable characters. Josuke is amazing, Okuyasu is best bro, Koichi has a really great development and I'm liking the new, more mature Jotaro a lot.

Despite that the main villain haven't appeared yet, the battles and the new Stands have been creative, hammy and entertaining, as expected from JoJo, so I don't mind at all the Monster of the Week feeling that this have (one of the things I liked from Part 3). Hope it continues to be as good as it has been so far.

-Joker Game: An stylish show featuring stylish spy men. The first two episodes were good, but the episodic format that the series take with the 3rd episode are either hit or miss. The series seems to have developed some plot at the end of the last episode, so maybe we will have a proper story later. Colonel Yuuki's plans are however too exactly and always succeed, and that is getting a bit annoying. Tazaki is best boy so far.

-Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu: The darkhorse of the season, an anime that nobody knew before it's airing and that everyone likes now. Basically Steins;Gate meets SAO. It's enjoyable and have good action scenes, but it's nothing that special for the moment.

The MC is very loud, but I feel bad for the poor fellow for how much his luck sucks. Nigga cannot catch a break. The supporting cast is okay. Felt, Reinhard and Puck are the characters I'm liking the most for the moment. The twins looks really interesting too.

I'm also fearing the MC will get stuck in the mansion during a lot of episodes, so I really want him to overcome the Roswaal mansion level soon and see more places of the parallel world. The 3D of the crowds is awful, btw.

-Sakamoto desu ga?: A comedy about the person with the biggest swag of any anime world (Onii-sama doesn't counts because he is God, not a mere human being). Very hit or miss, some episodes are good and other are okay. Honestly, I find the series more inspirational than funny for how Sakamoto helps the different people he come across during the episodes and made them became better persons. I also ended liking Kubota a lot, strangely.

-Sousei no Onmyouji: Biggest dissapointment of the season. The characters are bland, the fights are boring and repetitive and the animation is very average at it's best. I expected to watch an enjoyable shonen, but I get a lot of fillers at the end. I cannot believe that the mangaka of this also made Binbougami ga! Though the one to blame here must be the studio Pierrot, since I heard the manga is more fast paced and enjoyable than the butchered anime.

-Ushio to Tora 2nd Season: I liked the first season, but after all that build up in there, here is when the true serious shit starts. Though the pacing in some episodes was weird, those last two episodes were beastly. The Hakumen is probably one of the most frightening villains I ever seen, and that makes it great. I eonder how things will end taking in mind the end of the last episode...

And here ends my irrelevant opinion.
May 14, 2016 9:31 AM
Jul 2011
Ies said:
Not at all. Kiznaiver, Re:Zero, Joker Game, BSD, Sakamoto, Shounen Maid, Super Lovers and Kabaneri are the ones I try to keep up with, and they're all great imo. Most of the other anime seem nice too, but I simply don't have enough time to watch them every week.

I'm into Re:Zero and Super Lovers a loot which is enough to make me happy.
May 14, 2016 9:34 AM
Jan 2015
I am watching 15 shows right now and all I can say is it's just decent. Nothing worse but nothing great either.
May 15, 2016 10:12 AM

Jun 2012
I have cut back on my anime intake BY A LOT. I used to watch 20 shows per season but have cut it down to about 10 total (includes airing and other shows I'm slowly completing).

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III - I have never watched the original show in the 90's so I thought it would be a great opportunity to jump in. ATM, I really love the story line but not really Usagi.
Joker Game - TBH, I think it's trying really hard to be a dramatic seinen, but it's not working for me.
Terra Formars Revenge - Watched the first season so why not. Death/gore is a plus.
Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? - I like the plot, it's relatable.
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd season - This season is just battle after battle, I really hope it picks up imo.
Super Lovers - I don't even know.

I'm looking forward to Summer season because of Beserk, Arslan Senki s2, Tales of Zestiria the X, Love Live! Sunshine!!, Amanchu!, and Orange. If there are other shows that look promising, please tell me. ♥
May 15, 2016 10:17 AM

May 2015
I have a few on my top Kabaneri,Big Order,Joker game, and Hero Academia

Of course there are those shows that I could never skip watching that would be My Favorite Magi and Macross Delta.

other's well are just mediocre at this point looking forward to the next season since a lot of good shows are on that lineup.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2016 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
I actually quite like this anime season so far.

Kabenari, Boku no Hero, Re Zero and Jojo part 4 are all anime I've been ejoying a lot.
May 15, 2016 2:32 PM

May 2012
The 2nd half (ep 14 and after) of Assassination Classroom 2nd season got way better. Ep 16 was probably the best episode in this season
May 15, 2016 8:14 PM

Jan 2015
I quite like it so far. Actually couldn't start all the shows I wanted, since I'm watching so many already. Most of the shows deserve higher scores, but they're on a ranking, so it wouldn't work out.

Dropped Anne Happy, Bakuon, Netoge no Yome, ReZero, Super Lovers, and Twin Star Exorcists.

The shows I were most hype for were Concrete Revolutio Last Song (bc first season) and Tanaka-kun is Always Listless (bc pretty cover art on anichart), and I was not disappointed. ConRevo's even better than last year, starting off with two of the strongest episodes in the show, and Tanaka-kun's just a blast to watch. Flying Witch gives me the vibes of both Kamichu! and Kiki's Delivery Service, which is great. Hiroyuki Imaishi doing awesome stuff with Luluco, and Trigger's making the prettiest stuff in the world in the form of Kiznaiver. I actually like Bungou Stray Dog's humor, and Ranpo is best boi. My Hero Academia's slow, but I appreciate the thought they're putting into everything, and the layers of emotional backing to really give important moments the weight of impact. Sansha Sanyou's surprisingly good. Kabaneri's the surprise of the season, with its awesome shading and cool steampunk stuff. Sakamoto desu ga? is entertaining, as is Ace Attorney, for these last few episodes at least. Shounen Maid's fine as it is, though I may drop it. I'm most definitely in the minority for disliking Assassination Classroom S2 much more than S1, but it's still a good show to watch weekly. Personally, I don't like Mayoiga, but I get what it's trying to do (I just wish it did it better). Big Order's hilariously bad. (tl;dr: it's good, all things considered)
May 16, 2016 12:37 AM

Oct 2013
I've seen only Re:Zero so far and I like it
May 16, 2016 12:38 AM

Oct 2013
I've seen only Re:Zero so far and I like it
May 16, 2016 12:58 AM

May 2015
Jojo is awesome and joker game is good.

Re:Zero has been the biggest disappointment, I will probably drop it.
Bungou Stray dogs is another disappointment, the show is generally good but that comedy drags it down a lot.
Kabaneri is 2edgy4me.
Kiznaive is not appealing to me at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2016 1:14 AM

Feb 2015
zal said:
Re:Zero has been the biggest disappointment

What were you honestly expecting Re:Zero to be? It has been everything it promised to be in spades. Were you hoping for another KonoSuba or something?
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
May 16, 2016 1:28 AM

May 2015
Caelidesu said:
zal said:
Re:Zero has been the biggest disappointment

What were you honestly expecting Re:Zero to be? It has been everything it promised to be in spades. Were you hoping for another KonoSuba or something?
I wasn't expecting anything particular but I liked how it was going 6/7. The last episode just triggered everything I didn't like about it thanks to the time travel used to save youprobablyknowwho. I was fine until he was the only one to be plot armoured but the thought "damn, another anime that fixes everything with time travel" just ruined it for me. I'll finish this arc and decide if dropping it or no.
May 16, 2016 1:35 AM

Feb 2015
zal said:
The last episode just triggered everything I didn't like about it thanks to the time travel used to save youprobablyknowwho. I was fine until he was the only one to be plot armoured

You had the wrong idea about it then; that was always the case. The drama should reasonably come from his inability to save others, not himself.

zal said:
the thought "damn, another anime that fixes everything with time travel" just ruined it for me.

Subaru's unable to control the time travel, so that aspect of the plot armour could easily be subverted, and I expect that it will be.

TsundereHeart said:
I think [Re:Zero] is pretty good. I am a bit sad that I caught up to the airing episodes though, cause now I have to fucking wait a week for each new episodes :|

iktf
I was so disappointed that the last episode was over so quickly...

If you are into SOL/comedy shows, you might enjoy Tanaka-kun, Netoge, or Flying Witch. Uchuu Patrol Luluco has been pretty fun too for 'Inferno Cop'/KLK fans.
CaelidesuMay 16, 2016 1:38 AM
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
May 16, 2016 1:39 AM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
We are practically in the middle of the season, so I will write my impressions of the series that I'm watching this season:

-Boku no Hero Academia: A really nice shonen anime. The MC so far is likeable and has suffered some cool character development, the supporting cast is great (especially All Might), the opening is badass, and the pacing is perfect, seriosuly, finally a shounen who doesn't rush things and take it time to introduce the world and the characters. Hopefully will get even better with the appearence of the antagonists.

On another note, I might even ending reading the manga of this. I haven't watched a shonen that entertaining since I ended JoJo.

You should actually, since the manga is actually a lot better later on than a somewhat slow start imo.
May 16, 2016 1:45 AM

May 2015
Caelidesu said:
zal said:
The last episode just triggered everything I didn't like about it thanks to the time travel used to save youprobablyknowwho. I was fine until he was the only one to be plot armoured

You had the wrong idea about it then; that was always the case. The drama should reasonably come from his inability to save others, not himself.

zal said:
the thought "damn, another anime that fixes everything with time travel" just ruined it for me.

Subaru's unable to control the time travel, so that aspect of the plot armour could easily be subverted, and I expect that it will be.
I've been sceptical about the time travel since the first episode but only the 7 episode made me strongly think "that's so convenient". And I understand the psychological stress and the other consequences but it still remains convenient when he goes back on purpose to save someone else. Another thing that activated my "convenience alarm" is that he can't talk about his power to anyone.

TsundereHeart said:

(also if there are any really good shows this season feel free to recommend)
I see from you list that you like shounens so maybe you should watch Jojo, the problem is that it is a sequel and there are 3 parts previous to the airing one (which is largely considered the best part).
There's also Joker Game that is something different and and interesting. The style and atmosphere reminds a lot Baccano but unfortunately the stories are episodic and auto-conclusive.
zalMay 16, 2016 2:00 AM
May 16, 2016 2:29 AM

Jul 2013
strider98 said:
Illyricus said:

You should actually, since the manga is actually a lot better later on than a somewhat slow start imo.
I will read the manga after the anime ends. Not only because the story and the characters, but also because I see some manga panels and the art of the manga is really good.
May 16, 2016 3:13 AM

Aug 2014
Watching like 9 shows and joker game is probably my least fav, that should be saying something. (well imo joker game is probably a 6).

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 16, 2016 7:40 AM

Nov 2015
This season has been neither disappointing nor great, solid is the way i'd describe it. from the 12 shows that i'm watching there is nothing that is fantastic nor is there something that is trash. so far the shows that i'm watching range from a 7 with shows like Flying witch and Shounen maid to 4 with Moyoiga.
May 16, 2016 7:53 AM

Nov 2013
10/10 agree, this season is one of the worst season imo.

Kabaneri is probably the only one that I kind of enjoy because of the steampunk style and the overall character designs. Yes it is like the same as SnK, but there's nothing wrong with that.

I do think that re:zero's animation is one of the better one this season, but the plot gets extremely repetitive and result in the anime being a turnoff. I actually expected a lot of of good stuff from it, but came out extremely diappointed

The most overrated one is probably boku no hero. I have no idea why people like it and why ot's so popular. The manga is better, but that's not saying much since the anime is so boring. Basically you typical weak MC suddenly gain new power and become op af.

Other anime are not even worth mentioning. Even the first episode did not leave any good impression (this apply to all of then). After watching thm, i was mostly left with the thought "wtf did i just watch"
WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS.
May 16, 2016 8:02 AM
Sep 2015
RE:Zero isn't bad overall but the animation and art doesn't look good. It doesn't handle the drama very well either. I think the atmosphere isn't as tense as it should be, the humor isn't very funny and the main character isn't very likeable.

lol. i think u really have high standards on animation then. i think re zero is one of if not the most intense anime in this season. the humor is like a calm before the storm so if it is funny then its good if its not its still good. the mc for me is better than so many mc(especially in a situation like this he still continues to save them and not completely break down and give up) . like for instance the mc from mayoiga is a piece of garbage.
STUDIO WHITEFOX btw
the studio which made STEINS GATE
May 16, 2016 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
I think it's one of the weakest seasons in a while, with no series sticking out as more than just good; though, I, of course, have not watched every series, so maybe I just happened to skip the series that is/are currently the best of the season (I doubt it, though). It could also just be hard to follow a season with two of my favorite series of recent memory: Boku dake ga Inai Machi and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.
May 25, 2016 6:24 AM

Dec 2015
Time for some update:
(Haven't watched the latest Joker Game episode yet. Other than that I watched all the airing episdoes of the anime I am still watching.)

Kiznaiver and Mayoiga are a bit disappointing. Lowerd the score of Mayoiga. Considering they are only 12-13 episodes not much happened yet. I won't expect much more here.

Sakamoto desu Ga surprisingly still very funny. Keeping it at 8. Joker Game episodically but good so far - especially the last 2-3 episodes.

Kuromukuro still keeping at 8 but unsure. Let's see. There will be more episodes so I'll wait to see the story progress. Endride is getting better.

Re:Zero unwatchable because of the main char. Just dropped it. Other than that the pacing was slow and it was only "okay". Not enough to make me force myself to watch more episodes of it.

Sakamoto desu Ga, Joker Game, Endride and Kuromukoro the most promising so far. Since there aren't many more episodes for Sakamoto desu Ga and Joker Game I have a feeling that they might stay at score 8 for me. (Not enough to get 9 though.)

For Endride/Kuromukuro I don't know what plot twists they suddenly might bring later that make them better or much worse. Might end up 7-9 ... more like 7-8 if they don't produce some miracle. Can't say that yet with them being 2-cour and still the 1st cour not finished airing.
May 25, 2016 3:42 PM

Apr 2015
Few weeks on from my last post and I'm liking it quite much...hope fortunes don't nosedive like last season
May 25, 2016 3:48 PM

Apr 2013
Very good season for me. Re:Zero, Kabaneri, Academia, Joker Game and few other, way better than the previous one.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Jun 13, 2016 6:21 AM

Jul 2013
Friendly reminder that Mayoiga is best comedy this season. Much better than even Sakamoto.
Jun 13, 2016 6:33 AM

Feb 2014
Illyricus said:
Friendly reminder that Mayoiga is best comedy this season. Much better than even Sakamoto.

I smell sarcasm ( *^*)
It looked off to me from the very first episode. I'm rather glad I didn't end up watching it.
Jun 13, 2016 6:36 AM

Feb 2014
If I were to consider my own list then thankfully I didn't really end up disappointed by anything. Mainly cos I didn't expect much either.
Oh wait...... I'm forgetting Joker Game and Kiznaiver.. Yup, those two were let downs.
Jun 13, 2016 6:37 AM

Jul 2013
Genjutsuhh said:
Illyricus said:

I smell sarcasm ( *^*)
It looked off to me from the very first episode. I'm rather glad I didn't end up watching it.
Sarcasm? There isn't any sarcasm in my comment, I'm speaking the absolute truth. It's the comedy of the year so far. Surpassing it will be very difficult.
Jun 13, 2016 6:38 AM

Oct 2013
i dont know man. jojo part 4 is great so is re:zero and even joker, i dont understand why people call it bad i think its quite good
Jun 13, 2016 6:40 AM

Dec 2015
It was okay and even interesting at the beginning. But last 1-2 episodes it became comedy. Kiznaiver also turned worse - instead of better (forced drama much) ... at the end. Both had great potential ... but I already feared it might get worse instead of better. Japanese tend to make plot/stories with bad (regarding quality/writing) ends.

Sakamoto, Joker Game and Kuromukuro still okay - best so far. For me. Re:Zero is either a like it or hate it and I hate it cause I usually hate annoying and crappy main chars and harem stuff.
Jun 13, 2016 6:45 AM

Aug 2014
I'm not sure where I stand on this season now. There has been quite a few anime that I started to watch but then just kinda stopped. None of them I would say were bad but... I don't know, I guess I just weren't really into them. The only anime I've continued to watch all season has been Flying Witch. Can't say its a bad season but also can't say its been great either.
Jun 13, 2016 6:51 AM

Feb 2014
Illyricus said:
Genjutsuhh said:

I smell sarcasm ( *^*)
Sarcasm? There isn't any sarcasm in my comment, I'm speaking the absolute truth. It's the comedy of the year so far. Surpassing it will be very difficult.

Well if that's true then the writers must've fucked up real bad for their seemingly "dark and mysterious show of the season" to be considered as a comedy xD
Jun 13, 2016 6:56 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
same as most seasons... i watch 15 to 20 lol

didn't drop a single show, so obviously thats good

one thing im very happy about though is that re:zero imo is NOT overrated (score wise).. and im saying score wise cause i feel as though no one talks about it... like if it reaches a 9.0 i will not be surprised at this point and i'd probably agree

during last season, everyone was talking about ERASED..... this season no one is talking about re:zero... at least irl, i know like 2 ppl who've brought it up

i always hear from ppl "im watching boku no hero and kabaneri" lol.. unlike ERASED which EVEYONE had heard of and was interested in

i feel that re:zero is too moe for many casual watchers and people like that only like to watch manime or at least only want to admit to watching manime

so re:zero seems like low key hype as apposed to boku no hero and kabaneri lol
Jun 13, 2016 8:18 AM
Jun 2016
This season is great! droped a few series tho...

God Tier (Must Watch/AOTS material): Jojos 4, Kabaneri, Re:Zero, Kiznaiver, Boku no Hero Academia, Ushio to Tora

Middle Tier (Good series but not great): Asterisk War, Sakamoto, Joker Game, Bungou Stray Dogs, Ass Class, Bakuon, Magi: Sinbad no Bouken

Low Tier (not bad enough to drop it, but not good either, good filler for slow days ) : Hundred, Twin Stars, Phoneix Right

Droped (just bad) : Endride, Big Order

Jun 14, 2016 12:47 AM

Apr 2013
Kabaneri is going to shit apparently LUL have fun
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Is anime just more honest about it's intent than western media?

Spunkert - 30 minutes ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
15 seconds ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

49 by Zimmu »»
11 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

44 by Gensouori »»
13 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 9 hours ago

47 by LoveYourEyes »»
20 minutes ago

» Describe an anime in a funny way.

NOTAGLOWIE - Mar 2, 2022

36 by Lhundrup »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.