Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 28, 2016 11:15 PM
Dec 2015
I noticed that the time per chapter for reading MAL gives for LNs is same for a manga. Which is not at all correct. A novel takes too much more time and it can't be compared to a manga. So there should be different window for manga and LNs so as to be a clear difference between both and fans get more options to put their favorites in them.
Apr 29, 2016 4:02 AM

Oct 2014
In that sense, watching a anime short takes just a few minutes - why not add another entry for it? It's more work and impossible to implement.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apr 29, 2016 4:10 AM
Dec 2015
Iizbakaokay said:
In that sense, watching a anime short takes just a few minutes - why not add another entry for it? It's more work and impossible to implement.

I didn't get what you meant? I think each of anime videos are categorized and they all have definite durations.
May 4, 2016 3:48 AM

Jul 2013
the problem is that it's impossible to get realistic chapter times. there are LNs with 200 pages at 10 chapters and LNs with 300 pages at 4 chapters. depending on the publisher even the font size could be problematic...

manga have the same problem: there are daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly etc manga. most of the time the chapters get longer when the time between two chapters gets longer; this does not apply to all manga tho. sometimes monthly chapters are shorter than weekly chapters. depending on the author even short chapters can consume a lot of time: reading the weekly manga one piece, HxH, bakuman etc takes much more time than most of the monthly manga i'm reading.
furthermore there are manga that got published in multiple magazines (d gray man was weekly, monthly and now quarterly).

the only improvement i can think of is counting all pages instead of chapters/volumes and creating different categories to rate the "length" of a single page...
May 4, 2016 7:18 AM

Apr 2014
The only solution to this was to remove that useless time/progress measurement.
Or
They could just implement a stopwatch like timer, something like:
Chapter/Episode X Start Time:
Chapter/Episode X Finished Time:
Haters always gonna hate.
May 4, 2016 7:58 AM

Jun 2008
I think I've suggested this before, but maybe instead of time the site could measure just some abstract points for manga and ranobe. Calculated time will pretty much always be incorrect, whereas a phrase like "the user has 14580 reading points" will simply state a fact.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Yesterday, 9:57 PM

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Apr 23, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.