Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 23, 2016 11:39 AM

Jul 2013
Whenever I look up a voice actor it's because their voice seems familiar when I'm watching an anime. When I go to their page I have to read all their past roles to see if I've indeed watched an anime in which they've previously been in... I suggest adding a tab so we could toggle between All Voice Acting Roles and the roles of the voice actor in anime that's in our anime list... maybe call the tab "My anime voice acting roles"? It would make it a lot easier. I'm aware of how unnecessary it may sound but judging from the way this page is and works I can tell you guys are striving for the best :)
Apr 23, 2016 11:55 AM

Apr 2014
"My anime voice acting roles"? Thats the most ridiculous suggestion I read this month.
Just use/install https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/5641-mal-voice-actor-filter
And you are good to go.
Haters always gonna hate.
Apr 23, 2016 12:06 PM

Jul 2013
Rayzer said:
"My anime voice acting roles"? Thats the most ridiculous suggestion I read this month.
And you are good to go.

Way to be an asshole. As I said, it was just a suggestion, of course they had to come up with a better name for the tab.

I doubt the MAL staff would have a hard time doing this anyway... instead of having people download a script. If I hadn't mentioned it here, and had your kind (douche?) self tell me about the script, I'd have no idea about it.

Thanks for the tip nevertheless? You're weird.
Apr 23, 2016 12:13 PM

Apr 2014
Damn it. Your avatar surely reflects your behavior.
You don't know how to use that script even if you are here for almost 3 years?
That script does your suggestion. Just install greasemonkey (firefox) or tampermaonkey (chrome) to use it.
Apr 23, 2016 3:34 PM

Oct 2009
Rayzer said:
And you are good to go.

The wording may not be the best, but the suggestion itself is fine. Even if there exists userscript, it doesn't mean it shouldn't be implemented inherently, since, firstly, only minority knows about the userscript and, secondly, installing it needs effort. But ignoring the second and any other possible reasons (like MAL updates breaking the userscript), just the first alone is more than enough
SerhiykoApr 23, 2016 3:39 PM
Apr 23, 2016 3:40 PM

Apr 2014
Serhiyko said:

The wording may not be the best, but the suggestion itself is fine. Even if there exists userscript, it doesn't mean it shouldn't be implemented inherently, since, firstly, only minority knows about the userscript and, secondly, installing it needs effort. But ignoring the second, just the first reason alone is more than enough

How it was fine? Making your own tab on people DB? Seriously?
Making an option to filter those roles in anybody's list is just right and needs to be integrated to the site.
Like how your script works. Not making a personal tab. That's really ridiculous!
Apr 23, 2016 3:48 PM

Oct 2009
Rayzer said:
How it was fine? Making your own tab on people DB? Seriously?
Making an option to filter those roles in anybody's list is just right like how your script works.
Not making a personal tab. That's really ridiculous!

Not the tab of course, but the idea "so we could toggle between All Voice Acting Roles and the roles of the voice actor in anime that's in our anime list" in general is fine. The point of this suggestion wasn't its implementation, but its purpose. Why do you have to nitpick so much. Why not say "suggestion is fine, but suggested solution is bad", but you just have to go and say things that will insult the user. Does it make you feel better to be rude to people?
Apr 23, 2016 3:58 PM

Apr 2014
@Serhiyko,
As if I said it's a bad idea to have a filter/toggle feature on people pages?
And F.Y.I. he's the one whose rude. Read the comment above.
I'm merely helping him. That there's an existing userscript that can do his suggestion.
Apr 23, 2016 4:26 PM

Oct 2009
Rayzer said:
As if I said it's a bad idea to have a filter/toggle feature on people pages?

No, and instead of saying anything about the idea itself, you find what is wrong with user's thoughts, - which is fine up to this point, - but you don't just point it out, you do it in the rudest way possible:
Rayzer said:
Thats the most ridiculous suggestion I read this month.

, and when the user replies you in the same manner:
Rayzer said:
And F.Y.I. he's the one whose rude. Read the comment above.

, you conveniently miss out, or maybe don't realize, that it's you who was rude in the first place
Apr 23, 2016 4:37 PM

Apr 2014
@Serhiyko,
Is it bad to laugh on that kind of wording?
"My anime voice acting roles" was like he did a voice acting roles on an anime.
Actually my first post was the second sentence. And I just edited it when I read that statement.
Seriously, There's no point on expanding this matter. This is just getting worst.
RayzerApr 23, 2016 4:41 PM
Apr 23, 2016 4:45 PM

Oct 2009
Rayzer said:
Is it bad to laugh on that kind of wording?
"My anime voice acting roles" was like he did a voice acting roles on an anime.
Seriously, There's no point on expanding this matter. This is just getting worst.

It'd be fine if the user did not say anything of value, in which case I would not care, but he did, and you chose to ignore it and just laugh in his face on his mistakes
Although you did provide some help afterwards, which is a good thing, it still does not justify the above
Apr 23, 2016 4:53 PM

Apr 2014
@Serhiyko.
My post was edited.
I just came here to say there's a userscript that can do what he needs.
It's just one sentence that wasn't so offending, that needs to make it a big deal.
Why people make things so complicated, if it just came from a small source/beginning?
Are you just here to argue with me or what? Since it seems that way.
Apr 23, 2016 5:09 PM

Oct 2009
Apr 23, 2016 5:11 PM

Apr 2011
I wNNA Stat ON yoUR moms BOICE cacotR MAOCE lmaAOOO
Apr 23, 2016 5:18 PM

Apr 2014
@Serhiyko,
I don't much time to argue with you. This is just pointless.
And since the OP didn't replied here for himself. So I assume he's already using your script.
RayzerApr 23, 2016 5:21 PM
Apr 23, 2016 5:21 PM

Oct 2009
Rayzer said:

Way to make yourself a victim here
Apr 24, 2016 7:45 AM

Jul 2013
@Rayzer
I didn't reply 'cause I didn't get any notifications that I was getting replies LOL (which is weird 'cause I have the notifications for this on). I'm sorry I didn't reply.
I'm a casual, I'm not here all the time, it's one of the reasons why I suggested this tab in whichever form you guys would think is best; you're really nitpicking... the important part is the idea of being able to see the roles -of the voice actor in question- in the anime from my list. I don't really care if it's by toggling or by a tab, and the name of the tab is also something I blatantly pulled out of my ass at the moment of making the suggestion. But the idea is there.
When someone's presenting an idea to you, you have to look at the thing as a whole, and THEN you focus on the details.

Edit: LOL @ the stabbing 3 times thing. Of course I'd be a bitch to you if you were an asshole to me in the first place; that's basic human behaviour. And I was pretty polite tbh. I thanked you and all ;D
FreiyaApr 24, 2016 7:50 AM
Apr 24, 2016 8:50 AM

Jul 2015
Freiya said:
@Rayzer
I didn't reply 'cause I didn't get any notifications that I was getting replies LOL (which is weird 'cause I have the notifications for this on). I'm sorry I didn't reply.
I'm a casual, I'm not here all the time, it's one of the reasons why I suggested this tab in whichever form you guys would think is best; you're really nitpicking... the important part is the idea of being able to see the roles -of the voice actor in question- in the anime from my list. I don't really care if it's by toggling or by a tab, and the name of the tab is also something I blatantly pulled out of my ass at the moment of making the suggestion. But the idea is there.
When someone's presenting an idea to you, you have to look at the thing as a whole, and THEN you focus on the details.

Edit: LOL @ the stabbing 3 times thing. Of course I'd be a bitch to you if you were an asshole to me in the first place; that's basic human behaviour. And I was pretty polite tbh. I thanked you and all ;D

I'm not sure about thread OP's, but to get a reply notification, someone has to either quote you or put the @(username)

I'm sure you'll get a notification for this reply.
Apr 24, 2016 9:00 AM

Jul 2013
Dracokun said:
Freiya said:
@Rayzer

I'm not sure about thread OP's, but to get a reply notification, someone has to either quote you or put the @(username)

I'm sure you'll get a notification for this reply.

I did!
I thought that since I was the OP I'd get a notification when anyone posted in my thread but, yeah, I didn't.
New suggestion idea! ;P
Apr 24, 2016 12:32 PM

Oct 2009
Dracokun said:

There's also a third way - to add the thread to your Watched Topics and make sure you have "Watched Topic Posts" notification enabled in your Notification Settings
(There's also a possibility it had glitched, as it happens sometimes to me)

Freiya said:
New suggestion idea! ;P

Not really, you should have your topics added to watched automatically (even if you already are over the allowed limit). Just check your settings if you have notifies for watched topics enabled
Apr 24, 2016 2:46 PM

Jul 2013
Serhiyko said:
Dracokun said:

There's also a third way - to add the thread to your Watched Topics and make sure you have "Watched Topic Posts" notification enabled in your Notification Settings
(There's also a possibility it had glitched, as it happens sometimes to me)

Freiya said:
New suggestion idea! ;P

Not really, you should have your topics added to watched automatically (even if you already are over the allowed limit). Just check your settings if you have notifies for watched topics enabled

I was just kidding really :P But thanks for the tip :D!

More topics from this board

» Are there any plans to revamp mal on mobile?

Akuya - Today

2 by Alexioos95 »»
8 hours ago

» An option to hide Explicit Genres from anime/manga list

animegamer245 - May 8

3 by traed »»
Yesterday, 12:22 AM

» Add an option to view (and display) ratings with a 5 star scale (allowing half stars)

Bergioyn - May 6

3 by Bergioyn »»
May 7, 2:10 PM

» New category for manga lists

Aristotle417 - May 7

0 by Aristotle417 »»
May 7, 11:05 AM

» forum rules and blogs

leyaf - May 5

3 by S_h_a_r_k_93 »»
May 7, 1:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.