Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 27, 2016 5:40 AM
Aug 2014
Reading the forum seems like nobody got what this series is about (I did). A lot of people saying it's convoluted or deep but nobody got it right. I want to hear your theories to see if I missed something or I'm wrong.
Apr 11, 2016 10:03 PM

Feb 2009
It's not a about one.. solid.. thing.

Or even ending.

As we saw at the end.

Truly a unique anime.

It's literally about different possibilities and perception. Though, we do know for a fact it is about people facing reality, and others denying it. Some strong enough to face it, others who to cop out. Also, the other world, the fake one Sugi and her father were in. Was in carboard. So especially symbolize it was "artificial" or "fake" a world where everything is good and dandy.. no wrong? Only can be.
Apr 8, 2020 4:18 AM
Oct 2018
For me this show is about taking an easy way out and how it's a illusion. I was "attacked", it's because of him, If I hadn't found out, exc. An escape/answer that doesn't solve the problem just avoids it. It would be better if I died, it's not my fault. an escape, a lie to comfort yourself this is also the way shonen bat & maromi(stuffed dog) are similar. Hurting/killing yourself and blaming "someone" or not accepting you did anything wrong, absolving responseability but how the problem is still there. you should admit there's a problem you have to face the music or someone else will have to do it for you it probably won't end well but don't kid yourself, stop deluding yourself BUT don't wallow in disappoinment just keep working and find a way to keep moving.

P.s. I know these forums are dead but I just wanted to write my thoughts. sorry but i got an F in English and it's 4:00am please forgive my bad writing structure and spelling. And yeah I know I reuse the same words to much
Sep 19, 2020 5:26 AM
Apr 2020
Raincoatk said:
Reading the forum seems like nobody got what this series is about (I did). A lot of people saying it's convoluted or deep but nobody got it right. I want to hear your theories to see if I missed something or I'm wrong.

So what is it about?
Oct 17, 2020 8:49 PM

Jan 2016
What I was feeling it was about when watching it was that feeling of anxiety or helplessness that comes from being in a difficult, seemingly impossible situation. Lil Slugger and Maromi both represent different ways of trying to escape from that situation. Lil Slugger is a more destructive version, trying to cope in a violent way, such as blaming others, the world, society, what have you. In some cases, even believing there is no hope and turning to self-harm. But all reactions that are in some way destructive, that in some way drag more people into the paranoia, and as such cause the strength of Lil Slugger to grow.

Maromi by contrast is a more escapist version. Trying to pretend that what's causing you stress doesn't exist, merely retreating into some world where the problems don't exist. But that escaping is equally a delusion. It doesn't help you deal with what's causing you stress, it merely pushes it down the line for you to deal with later, as it grows bigger. It feels good, but does nothing.

Ultimately, the only way to defeat lil slugger is to acknowledge our feelings of being cornered, but to not let it consume us, to not panic to it and continue fighting on. Not turning our eyes away from what's causing our pain but to stare right at it and acknowledge it.

And the fact that there is no long-term solution is why the series begins the way it opens. As long as humanity exists, we will continue grappling with that paranoia. We will feel cornered, and in that moment perhaps try to cope in a way that affects others, in a way that causes them to need to wrestle with similar issues. All we can do is continue to live and try to deal with those situations where we feel trapped as best we can.

That was my take away at least.
MaskOfIceOct 17, 2020 8:56 PM
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mousou Dairinin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arashi89 - Aug 7, 2009

90 by pennyisirl »»
Apr 21, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Mousou Dairinin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

katsup - Apr 3, 2008

215 by mbarseru »»
Mar 21, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Mousou Dairinin Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arashi89 - Aug 7, 2009

68 by LithiumHead9 »»
Mar 6, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Mousou Dairinin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LibreKoi - May 24, 2009

63 by lkj509 »»
Feb 7, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Mousou Dairinin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LibreKoi - May 24, 2009

62 by lkj509 »»
Feb 7, 1:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.