Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 23, 2016 12:05 PM

Nov 2014
I read 20 chspters, the story is hard to follow. Almost nothing happend for 20 chapters. It feels like the author does not know what he/she wants.

Jan 24, 2016 6:06 AM

May 2007
Just keep on reading and you will come to love it.
Feb 3, 2016 7:08 AM

Mar 2008
It's a slice of life manhwa (webtoon) and I personally love it because it is quite realistic and relateable... college life and everything that surrounds it. The characters are very likeable and again, relateable... it's nice to not have idiots for once, as all of the main ones (in my opinion) are smart and capable, esp. Hong Sul and Yu Jeong. But that doesn't mean they are perfect - all of them have their flaws..

And I disagree, the author clearly has something in her mind on how she wants the story to turn out. As I kept on reading I at parts liked a character, then ended up disliking the same one few chapters later, then liking same on again and so on and on... it is addicting to read (my opinion anyway)
Feb 10, 2016 12:10 AM

Dec 2012
I remember starting to read this with the same thoughts since it is slow and confusing at the beginning but trust me when I say continue reading! Since the author is switching a lot between the present and the past you're gonna have to take it into account because so much happened in the previous year. The tension does begin to build and the characters become complex and so good to read. It is worth it to stick with it :)
Feb 17, 2016 10:01 AM

Jul 2010
What is appealing about Cheese in the Trap? Let me list some things....

1. Interesting characters
Jung is, frankly, one of the more unique characters I have run across. He is manipulative, never shows his real feelings or thoughts, and vindictive toward people who cross him. At the same time, he is surprisingly vulnerable and sympathetic... I can't really explain why, but he really comes off as someone who is really a good person, but he just has been beaten down by life to the extent that he can't ever show that to anyone.

Seol is a fantastic, and not at all cliche, leading woman. She is smart, independent, and capable, but also fairly sensitive and gets upset fairly easily. She has great insight into the behavior of others, which is demonstrated by the way she figures out ho Jung manipulates situations, but she doesn't have the greatest social skills in the world and tends to take over and do things by herself if the group of people she is working with are not pulling their weight. This tends to get her in trouble because people take advantage of it. However, she is also very shrewd and has shown some tendencies that are remarkably similar to Jung's manipulative behavior.

In Ho is a bit more cliche. He is a bundle of contradictions. He is an idiot, in terms of conventional education, but also a classically trained pianist. He is rude, selfish, and "a user", but at the same time he is caring, kind, and genuinely wants to help people he cares for...

I could go on...

2. Complicated plot
The plot is much more complex than your standard romance manga. This is mostly because of the nature of Jung and his "traps" he sets for people. The method of presentation is also part of it. The flashback sections are shown when they are pertinent, not in any kind of chronological order. So there are things that were weighing on the character's minds that we don't find about until later and things that we get glimpses of that we don't fully appreciate until we see them from another point of view.

I could continue, but that would be unnecessary. Just suffice it to say that it is a great story, with a complicated plot, that is well written, with great characters who are well developed.

In short, it is a good read!
Mar 9, 2016 8:23 AM

Jan 2016
I think that's what the author intended you to feel- to evoke curiosity.

It's not your basic manga - Because in a normal story you could clearly define right from wrong. You could also somewhat predict where the story is headed.
But the first 25 chapters of Cheese in the trap unlike other mangas I have read up till now does not set any foundation for the story to progress.

I compare the manga to meeting a new person. You have no idea what the kid was like or where he came from or what he's been doing for the past 20 years.
But you're interested.

The authors art style, and character personalities is enough to keep me hooked. It's intriguing- You're curious as to what the story is actually about ? What is the significance of calling the manhwa "Cheese in the trap?" Who is the trap/temptation? (I can't really let on more or I might give out some spoilers)

If you're looking for a basic- fast paced manga - this isn't it.
AhoGamiMar 9, 2016 8:30 AM

More topics from this board

» Numbers?

MeanMrMusician - Jul 6, 2023

3 by MeanMrMusician »»
Jul 7, 2023 8:15 PM

Poll: » Jeong Yu VS In Ho Baek

Diem-X - Nov 29, 2015

10 by Sid19960919 »»
Mar 25, 2022 11:21 AM

» Cheese in the Trap Chapter 209 Discussion

avelys - Sep 24, 2016

4 by Shyxxfly »»
Mar 14, 2020 12:23 PM

» Cheese in the Trap Season 2,3,4 on MAL

Damichan - Jul 1, 2017

8 by RedPark »»
Dec 6, 2017 10:35 AM

» Is Cheese in the Trap still being written?

Blockmaster - Jul 16, 2017

5 by Blockmaster »»
Jul 29, 2017 8:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.