Forum Settings
Forums

The Asobimashow -- a small new YouTube channel

New
Jan 1, 2016 12:06 PM

Feb 2011
Hello! I'm one half of the duo that runs the Asobimashow, a YouTube channel focused on Let's Plays. We're two students at an international game design university, so we figured we might have some more in-depth things to say about games as we play them, and sometimes we do.

Games we're currently playing:
  • Sonic Adventure -- In which we tackle super-secret minigames, Emilia Clarke's eyebrows, and the Dreamcast's true power.
  • Red Dead Redemption -- First of our miniseries, where we aim to try out and switch up games every so often.
  • Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem -- The original game with Sanity mechanics! And of course, Silicon Knights have learned the ways of madness from Kojima himself.

Latest:
morpholomewJun 4, 2016 3:39 AM
Jan 9, 2016 12:32 PM

Feb 2011
We've had our first recording sessions over the past week! We're continuing with Uncharted and Undertale, first off.

We also started on our first new series of the year, covering Soul Blazer, a SNES-era action RPG that is among the best in the genre for that console.
Jan 9, 2016 12:41 PM
Jul 2018
It'd be much more enjoyable if you'd reduce the microphone echo in the background and record your faces, it's not <2010 anymore :).
Jan 10, 2016 5:52 AM

Feb 2011
Were there any parts where you particularly noticed background echo? We'd like to identify the exact problem so we can work to mitigate it. :)

As for facecam, we feel that it doesn't add a lot to most games, and with two people it'd be hard to pull off right. I don't think I've come across console LPers utilizing facecam either.
Jan 10, 2016 5:55 AM
Jul 2018
morpholomew said:
Were there any parts where you particularly noticed background echo? We'd like to identify the exact problem so we can work to mitigate it. :)

As for facecam, we feel that it doesn't add a lot to most games, and with two people it'd be hard to pull off right. I don't think I've come across console LPers utilizing facecam either.

Maybe I worded it wrong, it's just that the microphone is a bit too far away from you two. Think about using them tinee tiny mic's that you put on your shirt.

Seriously, you're not gonna get far without socializing with your viewers (showing your face to the audience). The YouTube customer expectations have changed exactly 5 years ago, you're kind of late ;).

Don't get me wrong, these videos are fun to watch for me, but I'm thinking about a bigger audience.
Jan 10, 2016 7:09 AM

Jan 2010
The microphone audio sounds fine. My only suggestion is to add a channel trailer to talk about what the channel is about.

Good luck!
Feb 9, 2016 2:05 PM

Feb 2011
We're getting back into anime-style game Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland! It's been a while, which is good, because we play it primarily after raging out at a different game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo2qiPP2I10&ab_channel=TheAsobimashow
Feb 9, 2016 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
morpholomew said:
We're getting back into anime-style game Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland! It's been a while, which is good, because we play it primarily after raging out at a different game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo2qiPP2I10&ab_channel=TheAsobimashow

1. The guy on the right in the intro looks like a girl (XD)
2. The echo hurts my ears
3. Actually... I sat through the entire video and it was quite fun to... Watch Listen to both of you as I didn't actually care about the actual content of the video if you want me to be honest. Well, I guess it was a nice podcast. I've only checked a few times the actual video when you said something interesting about the game.
Feb 10, 2016 5:43 PM

Feb 2011
Today we're going out to catch girls, and we do--quite literally! Thumbnail for this one is different from other Totori videos on YouTube, because Luna thought to play around with it. Overall, the plot is finding its footing more, and we can get to more places, which is always good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUKfbmeEWsw

Recuvan said:
1. The guy on the right in the intro looks like a girl (XD)
2. The echo hurts my ears
3. Actually... I sat through the entire video and it was quite fun to... Watch Listen to both of you as I didn't actually care about the actual content of the video if you want me to be honest. Well, I guess it was a nice podcast. I've only checked a few times the actual video when you said something interesting about the game.

That's probably because Luna is, in fact, a girl. She's transgender. (Hi! I'm Dirk on the show.)

Do you mean in the intro, or did we have noticeable echo throughout the video? Some of our viewers have noted such things with our audio, while others have found no problems, so any pinpoints would help us work out the kinks in the audio. :)

Good to hear it was an interesting listen! I guess unedited LPs typically end up a bit podcast-like. Perhaps it's something I should discuss with Luna, because it could be something good--or not.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it!
morpholomewFeb 11, 2016 3:42 AM
Mar 5, 2016 1:50 PM

Feb 2011
Update time!

We finished our Undertale critique video. After we had played through the game (it was the first game we finished on the show), we felt we should make a video looking back on our playthrough and conclude with some fair criticism of it. We'll prolly do more of this in the future with games we finish and have something to say about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5fFA-tuwzM
Jun 4, 2016 3:36 AM

Feb 2011
Hello everyone! Long time, no see!

We took a hiatus after the Undertale critique video, but we've been up for a few weeks again now. We've got some new series going:

• Sonic Adventure -- In which we tackle super-secret minigames, Emilia Clarke's eyebrows, and the Dreamcast's true power.
  • Mega Man X4 -- The best Mega Man X game, now with 100% less WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOORRR
  • Red Dead Redemption -- First of our miniseries, where we aim to try out and switch up games every so often.
  • Batman Forever -- The first 2 parts of our future 50-part series and totally not a quit-after-part-2 thing.
  • Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem -- The original game with Sanity mechanics! And of course, Silicon Knights have learned the ways of madness from Kojima himself.
  • Steel Reign -- A one-shot about the PS1 tank battle game.
  • Magical Drop III -- One-shot, in which I discover that I hate all match-3 games.

More topics from this board

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

362 by nin-tendo »»
8 hours ago

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Today, 6:15 AM

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - Yesterday

4 by Kinspie13 »»
Yesterday, 9:41 PM

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
Yesterday, 8:41 PM

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.