Forums

I feel like old animes are a LOT less "ecchi"

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 30, 2015 10:52 AM

Apr 2011
SeijiSensei said:
Lum said:
That's why retro is generally better than modern shows. A lot less focus on ecchi moments and when there is it's mostly a moderate, tasteful amount, not over the top fanservice every other minute.

I take it you never watched Najica Blitz Tactics (2001) unless that isn't "retro" enough.
Hence why I said "generally" and it's also true anime pre 90's had significantly less fanservice unless it's a hentai.
Nov 30, 2015 5:13 PM
Dec 2014
Ecchi sells anon. Clearly Japan figured that out. Not my cup of tea either but it is what it is.
Nov 30, 2015 5:14 PM

Jun 2014
Anime would be dead if it didn't become what it is today.
Nov 30, 2015 5:22 PM
Dec 2014
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

That is true. Gotta wonder how a show like Wolf's Rain would do nowadays.

Searching memory... no I do not recall any (half) naked highschool girls.
Nov 30, 2015 5:57 PM

Jun 2014
Feniksrises said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

That is true. Gotta wonder how a show like Wolf's Rain would do nowadays.

Searching memory... no I do not recall any (half) naked highschool girls.

Yeah. I'm not even dissing oldschool anime, but moe/ecchi saved the medium. Anime would not sell as much if they stuck to the 80s type of anime.
Nov 30, 2015 6:08 PM

May 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
Nevermind, peoples. Apparently the majority of you are incapable of giving an "I agree, because xyz," or an "I disagree because lmn," and can only ignore the context and make pointless assumptions.

No one's going to take you seriously if you literally quit your thread after a few people decide to have a different opinion then you and ask you to back up your claimt that still has no back-up behind it.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Nov 30, 2015 11:10 PM

Sep 2009
RainyBait said:
MortalMelancholy said:
Nevermind, peoples. Apparently the majority of you are incapable of giving an "I agree, because xyz," or an "I disagree because lmn," and can only ignore the context and make pointless assumptions.

No one's going to take you seriously if you literally quit your thread after a few people decide to have a different opinion then you and ask you to back up your claimt that still has no back-up behind it.

Because I made a claim. (No, I made an opinion)
Because this is a serious thread (No, it's not)
I quit my thread because people are trying to put words in my mouth, rather than discuss the topic.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 1, 2015 9:51 AM

Jun 2014
I agree, and it's really a shame.
Dec 2, 2015 5:46 AM
Mar 2014
MortalMelancholy said:
RainyBait said:

Because I made a claim. (No, I made an opinion)
Because this is a serious thread (No, it's not)
I quit my thread because people are trying to put words in my mouth, rather than discuss the topic.
and this, folks, is called a "pussy cop-out"
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Dec 2, 2015 9:17 AM

Jul 2014
No.

Time just moves forward, and shit anime are forgotten. Midori no Hibi and Mahoromatic are the same shit as you see today, except it's drawn with crayons.

PS: Ecchi is not a quantifiable value, it's an "either it is or it isn't" question, as it is a subgenre. Fan service is the term you're looking for.
Dec 2, 2015 7:05 PM
Dec 2014
I'm watching Macross right now and the fanservice there is on Minmay is very different from what we have today ;)

Although I'm sure a lot of Americans were triggered by her age. Sixteen gets you vanned lol.
Dec 2, 2015 7:36 PM

Nov 2008
Tbh, there were a ton of ecchi OVAs during the 90s. Since they didn't air on TV, there was nothing to hold them back. And they showed SO MUCH. Like "censorship!? What's that!?" It makes today's series on TV look tame. XD

But TV series were once upon a time allowed to show the full breasts of teenaged characters with no censorship at all. No black bars. No fog....nothing like that. Ranma 1/2 had so many scenes with naked breasts. Today? That's unthinkable to air on TV now. Even in Japan.

Dec 3, 2015 4:08 AM
May 2009
Other than the usual skirt flipping, peeping. than yeah it was pretty standard and tamed.

The best one I could think of where they did it stylishly was city hunter and cat eyes.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» mal/Confessions

NoelleIsSleepy - 1 hour ago

11 by Mishiia »»
35 seconds ago

» Woke Companies Force Japanese Sites to Censor Anime and Manga Content or Shutdown ( 1 2 )

rohan121 - Yesterday

66 by SwordBreaker36 »»
3 minutes ago

» If there a Cute Guys doing cute thing would you watch it?

RedTea33 - Yesterday

23 by Daviljoe193 »»
3 minutes ago

» Genre/theme you’re not interested in ? ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - May 7

96 by Asphiee »»
5 minutes ago

» Do you feel just not excited for anime these days?

anizawa89 - 4 hours ago

23 by Rainme »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.