Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Does anyone else think that... (final episode spoilers and a bit from The Rising)

New
Oct 11, 2015 3:05 PM

Feb 2011
Does anyone else think that Kotetsu should have died? It would have immortalized the series and his character in a sense in my opinion.

I thought the idea of the hero's sacrifice for his family and friends and for the sake of justice was beautiful when Kotetsu willing took H-01's gunshot from Barnaby. If he died at that climactic moment, I think I would have felt a lot more emotions internally, and I think it would sort of immortalize his character. Here was a hero who was framed as a villain and pushed to his limits - yet, he perseveres and saves everyone with his sacrifice.

This desire of mine also stems a bit from his status after the gunshot. His return as a B-league hero and in The Rising felt like a rehash of parts of the series: "veteran hero out of his prime still trying to be a hero". I applaud and love his desire to fight for justice and his clash of virtues with Lunatic, but I felt like it was something already done before repeatedly in the series. It held weight, but with him in his powered down state, it felt a bit less interesting to watch him.

tl;dr his death would have immortalized him as a hero who sacrificed it all for Sternbuild, as the final episode epithet, "Eternal Immortality", seemed to initially suggest. His return destroyed the emotional impact of his sacrifice, and his story arc essentially ended with his fight for justice until the noble end.
Oct 26, 2017 9:31 PM
Jul 2018
the story hasn't ended yet. we still don't know who's behind ouroboros.
Oct 27, 2017 2:03 PM

Feb 2011
Punpun3 said:
the story hasn't ended yet. we still don't know who's behind ouroboros.

Barnaby or his daughter could be the next hero to investigate. He did his duty in saving his daughter and becoming her hero while aiding his fellow teammates.
Dec 30, 2018 10:53 AM

Sep 2017
I agree. During the last episode, I spent the first half hoping he doesn't magically come back to life and KNEW they'd blame the broken suit for his signal fading. I hated his just getting up and walking around normally just like that, and I think Barnaby could have gone after Oroborus on his own, showing us he can handle his emotions better now without needing Kotetsu. Barnaby hasn't really shown himself to really be over any of his trauma properly yet, since it can lapse back just like that.
Feb 4, 2019 4:07 AM
Feb 2019
I agree. I mean, Tiger is one of my all time favourite characters, and I STILL wanted him to stay dead. It just would've been the perfect ending fitting his personality so well.
Mar 19, 2019 9:53 AM
Dec 2018
I could not agree less. It was a good thing that Wild Tiger lived int the end. Taking the exemple of Code Geass, as much as the sacrifice of Lelouche was obvious and could be guessed in advance, there's not the same level of drama here. Tiger & Bunny comes up to serious and grown up topics but Kotetsu is never in a situation as dark as Lelouch who went so far to reach his goals. Lelouch wanted revange and freeing Japan and had accepted to die for it. It's not as heavy here. Plus there's a lot of unfinished business between the dad and his daughter. He's hidden his true self to his daughter for her enter life and broke his promises times and times again. Plus the poor kid is just 10 years old! If Kotetsu would have died here, it would have been useless. She would just have the poor comfort that at least he was good, but she still needs her dad a lot even though the gran and the uncle are probably very carring. It's a good new start for both of them. No more lies and secrets and they can freely enjoy the rest of their lives. Though still busy, Kotetsu can now be a bit better at being a dad. Why wanting to have a depressing end??

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Torisunanohokori - Apr 23, 2011

87 by CheriCake »»
Feb 3, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

213 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 1:17 AM

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 10, 2011

154 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 12:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.