Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 6, 2015 8:34 AM
Oct 2015
Hey sorry if this isn't allowed or I have it in the wrong place, someone let me know and if so I will delete straight away :)
I have my own Anime related website where myself, my partner and our friend post a wide range of stuff (recently started so its a bit slow and a little all over at the moment) I was just wondering if anyone on here since you are all probably way more experienced in Anime related stuff than I am xD could give us some feedback or suggest any improvements on what we could do better.
I really appreciate it if anyone does and thank you in advance :)
(If you check out the about us section on the website and look for mine there is a whole story on why I like Anime so much and there is even a little part with a few of my Anime related drawings :D)
Oct 6, 2015 8:39 AM

Jul 2012
I'll comment on the design, first of all.

1. The "Posts done by" section. Why are the names center aligned? It's better to make them left aligned like the rest of your sidebar.
2. Background looks hella messy. I recommend sticking to a tiled background or a solid color.
3. Perhaps add a header banner, since it is an anime website. This looks so plain.
4. "Freestyle Animation - Everything About Manga & Anime" sounds plain.
5. Better post headers. Stick with one dimensions. I used to blog and all my post header pics were like 600 x 300, with the same font and aligning.

Other stuff:
1. For reviews, leave the rating at the end.
2. Character bios/wiki pages are unnecessary, especially if you only cover one show
3. The navigation seems irrelevant. You could easily shift it to the sidebar.
Oct 6, 2015 8:52 AM
Oct 2015
Hey, thank you so much for your feedback.

It's our first website so we kind of expected there to be quite a bit we made mistakes on, but everything you said we are looking in to and trying to fix.

More topics from this board

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

362 by nin-tendo »»
6 hours ago

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
11 hours ago

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - Yesterday

4 by Kinspie13 »»
Yesterday, 9:41 PM

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
Yesterday, 8:41 PM

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.