Forum Settings
Forums
Ace of the Diamond
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 30, 2015 12:35 AM

Aug 2015
At this rate, I doubt Sawamura will even get to become the ace, honestly. This whole subplot is about Furuya and Furaya alone - Terajima gave no room for Sawamura to fit into the picture.

Furuya's being depicted as the "exemplary" ace here; he's being idealized to no end. The fact that Terajima is force feeding us his instantaneous character development says a lot,

So yeah, brace yourselves for more Furuya No Ace, because it doesn't look like that's ending anytime soon.
Jan 9, 2016 4:17 PM

Jan 2013
Yeah, it's been getting kind of annoying, but I think there is hope yet, if you're reading the sequel. I don't hate Furuya or anything, but the lack of spotlight for Bakamura is just absurd, especially considering how he's the MC...
Jan 20, 2016 6:47 PM

Mar 2010
Ive had this thought for so long.. so it really is heading that way eh..?

Maybe Eijun was an introductory character...
May 26, 2016 3:00 AM
Jul 2015
MeinKaiser said:
At this rate, I doubt Sawamura will even get to become the ace, honestly

Yeah, at this point, Furuya is not really a "rival" to Sawamura; but someone he "respects" and "looks up to"....

It would have been fine either if Furuya was like a year older than Sawamura... Then at least after Furuya graduates, Sawamura would have half to a full year...

But yeah, at this point; Sawamura's role is to show the "importance of relief pitcher"... or any other "bench" sitters of a sports team...
The whole thing, about "relief" players of a sports team are "just as part" of the team of the regular team members; is a nice way to treat them... But honestly they only exist in the "weakness" of the "main players".

I mean if Furuya ever came to a point, where he can pitch 9 innings without exhausting himself; and still pitch the way he does... There will be no room for Sawamura...
The other "slider" guy (Kawamura?... forget his name) is going to graduate soon, so he's not tha important.
But unless Furuya gets hit with a ball on the head by another pitcher, when he's trying to hit; Sawamura will never get a chance.

Wow... Now that i've said it... That's whats really going to happen... Furuya is going to get injured... being "sooo close" to winning the Summer Koshien... Then Sawamura like takes his "wishes" and wins the thing.... The whole team "unites" under the "win for Furuya" theme...

Then the next year, Sawamura's all happy ace. Then Furuya comes back (from recovery).
And Sawamura's all like "here's your Ace position back"(with respect and everything). Then Furuya's all angry and bitter...(cause he feels like it's sarcasm, even though he knows Sawamura means it)
Sawamura's like what's wrong with you, we won the Koshien. Then Furuya be like "I didn't win, You did"... and all hate and sh!t.
Sawamura's going to feel "guilty"... and "weak" (cause he thinks Furuya's better than him)... and everything...
The whole drama lool.

But it sucks that Furuya will HAVE to go through an injury or something of the sorts; for Sawamura to shine... He couldn't have done it in a "fair competition"... too bad.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ace of Diamond Chapter 6 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 4, 2009

3 by removed-user »»
Apr 6, 2023 10:47 AM

Poll: » Ace of Diamond Chapter 5 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 3, 2009

4 by removed-user »»
Apr 6, 2023 10:25 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Chapter 355 Discussion

samsince04 - Mar 30, 2023

0 by samsince04 »»
Mar 30, 2023 6:32 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Chapter 351 Discussion

samsince04 - Mar 28, 2023

0 by samsince04 »»
Mar 28, 2023 2:25 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Chapter 350 Discussion

samsince04 - Mar 28, 2023

0 by samsince04 »»
Mar 28, 2023 2:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.