Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 6, 2015 12:59 AM
Oct 2013
So many people seem to ship pairings in this fandom, even more than within other Shounen manga fandoms.So I thought I´d make al list of the "confirmed " canon pairings.

This is not meant as listing thread (so no favorite Yaoi or Yuri ships). It´s a prediction build upon the partially subtile and partially blatantly confirmed ships of the Fairy Tail cast, through Hiro Mashima´s writing.

FT ships I consider confirmed for a 100%. Aka there will be pages dedicated to their future in the final chapter (I´m expecting alot of playmates for Asuka), or will have pages dedicated to building their romantic relationships inbetween.
Furthermore any of this characters is safe from death, throughout the story.
Zeref and Mavis should be the one tragic ship of the story.

Zeref Mavis, the tragic couple

Erza Jellal.

Gray Juvia.

Laxus Mirajane.

Gajeel Levi.

Elfman Evergreen.

Happy Charlu.

Naltsu´s lovelife will get teased till the end! The last arc will tell if it´s Lucy or Lisanna.

Not worth to get mad about it, and yes there will be people.
I can confirm for 80% that Natsu will end up with Lucy knowing Hiro.

Everyone may debate and dismantle my claims and/or add their own preidctions.
Just be sure to add evidence.

Added Cobra and Kinana

PredictionCobra for future Fairy Tail member

IsterioMay 16, 2016 2:54 PM
Sep 6, 2015 4:48 AM

May 2015
Isterio said:
So many people seem to ship pairings in this fandom, even more than within other Shounen fandoms. so I thought I´d make al list of the "confirmed " canon pairings.

This is not meant as listing thread (so no favorite Yaoi or Yuri ships). It´s a prediction build upon the partially subtile and partially blatantly confirmed ships of the Fairy Tail cast, through Hiro Mashima´s writing.

FT ships I consider confirmed for a 100%. Aka there will be pages dedicated to their future in the final chapter (I´m expecting alot of playmates for Asuka), or will have pages dedicated to building their romantic relationships inbetween.

Erza Jellal.

Gray Juvia.

Laxus Mirajane.

Gajeel Levi.

Elfman Evergreen.

Happy Charlu.

Naltsu´s lovelife will get teased till the end! The last arc will tell if it´s Lucy or Lisanna.

It's more likely than not Lucy. Though my perfect ending is for Lucy to drop dead or be used as a meat shield and die. Then no one gives a fuck and say like "Lucy's dead? Whatever she was a useless butch anyway who give a damn". Natsu and Lisina get together and that would be my perfect endong. Though we all know that ain gonna happend.

Hey this gve me an idea for a topic.
I am the King, address me as anything less and face the wrath of The Emperor Supreme King
Sep 6, 2015 4:50 AM

May 2014
Talking about your list, I disagree with some of it.
Laxus and Mira showed 0 romantic interest. At least I don't remember seeing any.

My personal favorite ship is
Zeref X Mavis.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2015 4:56 AM
Oct 2013
Sparteh said:
Laxus and Mira showed 0 romantic interest. At least I don't remember seeing any.

Zeref X Mavis.

I backup my claims here you go,

Idc about favorites, you may ship whatever you like it´s a free country I´m just here to clarify, what´s possible and what´s simply delusional.
IsterioSep 6, 2015 5:01 AM
Sep 6, 2015 4:59 AM

May 2015
Sparteh said:

Zeref X Mavis.

1. Im pretty sure they had a whole scen when he got sick in tarturous. Idk if its grounds for a ship. Read over it if u like its not lomg after he got sick.

2. Thats a really great ship and i gotta agree its the best. 1 problem. Mavis is dead and Zeref is cursed, so apparently even if she is revived he kills her with love (maybe not now since Hades pissed him off). First we gota revive mavis then get rid of Zeref curse.
I am the King, address me as anything less and face the wrath of The Emperor Supreme King
Sep 6, 2015 5:01 AM

May 2015
Isterio said:
Sparteh said:

Zeref X Mavis.

I backup my claims here you go,

Idc about favorites, you may ship whatever you like it´s a free country I´m just here to clarify.

3 words: Ya damn ninja
Sep 6, 2015 5:12 AM

May 2014
KingAce261 said:
Sparteh said:

Zeref X Mavis.

1. Im pretty sure they had a whole scen when he got sick in tarturous. Idk if its grounds for a ship. Read over it if u like its not lomg after he got sick.

2. Thats a really great ship and i gotta agree its the best. 1 problem. Mavis is dead and Zeref is cursed, so apparently even if she is revived he kills her with love (maybe not now since Hades pissed him off). First we gota revive mavis then get rid of Zeref curse.

Still, resurrection is possible. Natsu is living proof of that. Also don't forget, they have NAKAMA power. Nakama power > everything else. I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to fix everything.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2015 8:55 AM

May 2015
Sparteh said:
KingAce261 said:

Still, resurrection is possible. Natsu is living proof of that. Also don't forget, they have NAKAMA power. Nakama power > everything else. I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to fix everything.

Never said it was immposible. Dont bring up nakama power just dont. At first it was okay cuz they had a moderate amount but then it got too frequent. Now if u look up the defination of Nakama power you see "refer to fairy tail". It just makes fights stupid id much rather have the power of love or some shit, anything but the power of friendship
Sep 6, 2015 8:57 AM

Apr 2008
Sparteh said:
KingAce261 said:

I doubt that's gonna happen though. It's more likely Zeref will die and finally get reunited with Mavis and move on like he always wanted. Zeref is too bipolar at this point to go back to living like a normal person
Sep 6, 2015 9:16 AM
Oct 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Sparteh said:

I doubt that's gonna happen though. It's more likely Zeref will die and finally get reunited with Mavis and move on like he always wanted. Zeref is too bipolar at this point to go back to living like a normal person

Suns it up, would be pointless to bring eiter of them back.
We may see them both as apparitions though, for a final farewell.
Maybe even with a mature Mavis body, would be nice to see that, to somewhat make the ship less uncomfortable.

Anyway they´ll probably be united in death, as they´re the Romeo&Juliet of this series.
Sep 6, 2015 6:58 PM

May 2015
Isterio said:
Darklight0303 said:

Suns it up, would be pointless to bring eiter of them back.
We may see them both as apparitions though, for a final farewell.
Maybe even with a mature Mavis body, would be nice to see that, to somewhat make the ship less uncomfortable.

Anyway they´ll probably be united in death, as they´re the Romeo&Juliet of this series.

I still dont see matsu killing his big bro or anyone for that matter. Also dont bring Zeref And Mavis down to romeo and juliet level. Romeo and Juliet were just two dumbasses naive and in love who were willing to die to easy. One fucking killed him/her self becuase he/she thought the other was dead when he actually they were not, i mean r u too much of a drama queen to check for a pulse or some shit. Then the other comes and find romeo/juliet dead (actaully) and kills his/herself. Do not bring Zeref and Mavis down to their level.
Sep 8, 2015 4:36 AM
Mar 2015
natsu has no apologized to lucy yet so no pairing
lucy has more selfworth then that
Sep 8, 2015 5:47 AM

Jun 2013
trump54 said:

He did bring the guild back together for her...
Sep 9, 2015 5:44 AM
Mar 2015
metsujin said:
trump54 said:

He didn't do it just for her he did it for himself to and for everyone in the guild to be back together
Because while natsu care about Lucy what he wants is important to

The filler in the anime tend to fram things in a strange point of view are we suppose to believe natsu wouldn't go crazy and reach for any of his other friends in the guild
We saw him do it for Ezra, we saw him do it for gray, Lucy just ends up in peril a lot more often and needs protection, its less about how much he cares and how needy she was early on

Natsu may be end but he is as he believes to be a human boy living with normal people for most of his life, so why his character can't show a clear hint of a crush on a Lucy is so stupid. He is not like goku or anything, and Lucy sure as hell ain't no chichi so for this pairing to ever be real Natsu gonna have to make some kind of move.

Sooner rather then later because someone else just might
Sep 9, 2015 9:00 AM
Oct 2013
trump54 said:
metsujin said:

He didn't do it just for her he did it for himself to and for everyone in the guild to be back together

The filler in the anime tend to fram things in a strange point of view are we suppose to believe natsu wouldn't go crazy and reach for any of his other friends in the guild
We saw him do it for Ezra, we saw him do it for gray, Lucy just ends up in peril a lot more often and needs protection, its less about how much he cares and how needy she was early on

Natsu may be end but he is as he believes to be a human boy living with normal people for most of his life, so why his character can't show a clear hint of a crush on a Lucy is so stupid. He is not like goku or anything, and Lucy sure as hell ain't no chichi so for this pairing to ever be real Natsu gonna have to make some kind of move.

There is canon material teasing both pairings.
Natsu and Lisanna and Natsu and Lucy.

Lucy´s closeness to him get´s teased more because of higher screentime and he technically refused Lisanna in an awkward manner similar to Goku.

Lisanna´s affection was openly adressed and Lucy has already thought of them as a couple,but Natsu just wanted her for treasure, so he is technically shown to be asexual at this point and turned her down unknowingly.
He´s seen both several times naked.

Anyway the guys within every ship are written as being either extremely shy, tsunderes or openly annoyed by the females affection.
The one exception to that is Happy where Charlu is the tsundere and Jellal who has other things on his mind.

Like I said don´t expect anything big before the final arc and be prepared for trolling, like a few chapters ago with naked Gajeel landing on levi and similar bullshit.

Ship I have a high distate towards, but that Hiro seems to be pushing.

Mest and Wendy
possible , but hopefully not.
IsterioSep 9, 2015 9:12 AM
Sep 14, 2015 10:59 PM

Jul 2014
Me and Brandish.

Can confirm best pair.
"Hi!"
Sep 14, 2015 11:09 PM

Nov 2013
Spoilers. All over the place.

I like all the ships, but Natsu x Lisanna> Natsu x Lucy
doesn't feel right with Lucy
Sep 15, 2015 8:02 AM

Mar 2014
I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I don't particularly like Gray and Juvia. Only because of how obsessed she is and the way she throws herself at him. It makes her look kinda pathetic. Good for a laugh every now and then, I will admit. But I think she's a bit too emotionally dependent on him. If it weren't for that, I'd probably be a huge fan.
Sep 15, 2015 8:53 AM
Oct 2013
dinesj21 said:
I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I don't particularly like Gray and Juvia. Only because of how obsessed she is and the way she throws herself at him. It makes her look kinda pathetic. Good for a laugh every now and then, I will admit. But I think she's a bit too emotionally dependent on him. If it weren't for that, I'd probably be a huge fan.

I didn´t made this thread to express opinions in taste towards the pairings.else it would degrade into a listing thread.

If you think the writing doesn´t make them appeal like the canon pairing feel free to argue against them, or come up with other pairings you think have been teased more believeable in your opinion.
Just no listing please or spamming please.
Sep 15, 2015 12:47 PM

Mar 2014
Isterio said:
dinesj21 said:

I didn´t made this thread to express opinions in taste towards the pairings.else it would degrade into a listing thread.

If you think the writing doesn´t make them appeal like the canon pairing feel free to argue against them, or come up with other pairings you think have been teased more believeable in your opinion.
Just no listing please or spamming please.
Oops! Thought this was open for discussion.
dinesj21Sep 15, 2015 1:35 PM
Sep 15, 2015 1:52 PM
Mar 2015
Isterio said:
trump54 said:

There is canon material teasing both pairings.
Natsu and Lisanna and Natsu and Lucy.

Lucy´s closeness to him get´s teased more because of higher screentime and he technically refused Lisanna in an awkward manner similar to Goku.

Lisanna´s affection was openly adressed and Lucy has already thought of them as a couple,but Natsu just wanted her for treasure, so he is technically shown to be asexual at this point and turned her down unknowingly.
He´s seen both several times naked.

Anyway the guys within every ship are written as being either extremely shy, tsunderes or openly annoyed by the females affection.
The one exception to that is Happy where Charlu is the tsundere and Jellal who has other things on his mind.

Like I said don´t expect anything big before the final arc and be prepared for trolling, like a few chapters ago with naked Gajeel landing on levi and similar bullshit.

Ship I have a high distate towards, but that Hiro seems to be pushing.

Mest and Wendy
possible , but hopefully not.

Let us pray Wendy and Mets never happen unless she waits for him or something but ehhh......
Sep 15, 2015 1:58 PM
Oct 2013
trump54 said:

Let us pray Wendy and Mets never happen unless she waits for him or something but ehhh......

That´s the most loose one, I was confused when he decided to take her as a partner for the S class exam, but felt uneasy when he called her sky mistress as if that´s some special title given to her like titania.

I felt more uneasy when it was conveniently mest that saved her bridal style during the face incident.

But now that he´s a FT member, it has become a legit concern to me that Hiro will just go the route of. She´s 12, still fuck.

There are some Anime that tell the story of a yoing girl that admires an old guy and they marry after she becomes of age.
One example would be Nadia where a 10 year old girl marries a grown protagonist during the epilogue.It gets revealed that they fall in love after she grew up and became an adult, but I don´t like this concept.
He still remains 10+years older than her.
IsterioApr 21, 2016 1:34 PM
Nov 15, 2015 7:52 PM

Mar 2014
Isterio said:
So many people seem to ship pairings in this fandom, even more than within other Shounen fandoms. so I thought I´d make al list of the "confirmed " canon pairings.

Erza Jellal.

Gray Juvia.

Laxus Mirajane.

Gajeel Levi.

Elfman Evergreen.

Happy Charlu.

[b]
Added Cobra and Kinana Cobra for future Fairy Tail member.

Laxus and Mirajane ? While i see them together, i didn't think they'd have their place in a canon pairings list, yeah they had some small moments AFAIR but nothing as big as the others. It's been a while since i started the manga since i read chapters each weak since quite a while ago so there are things i don't remember much, i think i started the manga like 4 years ago. Can someone give me scans of times where we see Laxus/Mirajane moments ? I would like to see that. I'm not much of a shipper myself but Gray/Juvia moments are great, maybe i just like to see Juvia happy but their moments are IMO the best romantic moments in the series. I liked the Zeref/Mavis moments even though i hate Zeref.

Profile Picture and Avatar/Signature made by SenpieX, requested in this thread :https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1568530&show=0
Nov 15, 2015 7:55 PM

Sep 2014
I want Juvia-sama to end up with Gray. I don't really care much for other ships, however, even though you mentioned those were what you think are canon, and we shouldn't mention our yaoi/yuri ships, I NEEDED to get Laxus x Freed and Lucy x Flair out!!! those are too important to me.
Nov 15, 2015 8:20 PM
Oct 2013
TheKawaiiZombie said:

Laxus and Mirajane ? While i see them together, i didn't think they'd have their place in a canon pairings list, yeah they had some small moments AFAIR but nothing as big as the others. It's been a while since i started the manga since i read chapters each weak since quite a while ago so there are things i don't remember much, i think i started the manga like 4 years ago. Can someone give me scans of times where we see Laxus/Mirajane moments ? I would like to see that. I'm not much of a shipper myself but Gray/Juvia moments are great, maybe i just like to see Juvia happy but their moments are IMO the best romantic moments in the series. I liked the Zeref/Mavis moments even though i hate Zeref.

Read the above posts, everything is explained, Mira and Laxus were asked specifically and I gave my reasoning. Like I said I doubt we´ll get anything significant but Shaman King did it, Naruto did it, Ravemaster (Hiro Mashima´s first work) did it. Dragon Ball did it to an extent, it´s pretty commom to do the pairings in the last chapter for Shounnen.
IsterioNov 16, 2015 5:00 AM
Dec 6, 2015 4:09 AM

Aug 2015
There's only been little chemistry between Laxus and Mira but I don't think they're going in that direction.

And Gray x Juvia seems one-sided, even though that might not be the case now. Gray x Ultear was a 1000 times better though. Dammit, why did she have to die? :(
Dec 6, 2015 5:05 PM
Oct 2013
FoxyKitsune said:
There's only been little chemistry between Laxus and Mira but I don't think they're going in that direction.

And Gray x Juvia seems one-sided, even though that might not be the case now. Gray x Ultear was a 1000 times better though. Dammit, why did she have to die? :(

Shounen are simple minded written, when one character desires true love they get rewarded for it.

However Hiro Mashima was never that bad with his writing, you get the relationships he wants to write and Ultear and Gray´s relationship always written as a siblinglike relationship.
Dec 16, 2015 11:14 PM

Aug 2015
Isterio said:
FoxyKitsune said:

Shounen are simple minded written, when one character desires true love they get rewarded for it.

However Hiro Mashima was never that bad with his writing, you get the relationships he wants to write and Ultear and Gray´s relationship always written as a siblinglike relationship.

Yeah that's true. Still not a fan of Gruvia lol.
May 16, 2016 2:56 PM
Oct 2013
Added Sting and Yukino

I was uncertain about adding those before , but slapping sense into boyfriend is the equivalent of sex Battle-Shounen manga.
IsterioMay 16, 2016 3:01 PM
May 16, 2016 4:07 PM

Apr 2014
I prefer Natsu x Lisanna and let Lucy be the free for all meat toilet whom anyone and everyone is free to sexually harass.
I would love it if FT member takes turn in spanking dat ass.
Oct 24, 2016 1:26 PM
Jun 2016
It is bad that I ship Natsu with Erza? The way they act sometimes look more like something lovers would do rather than siblins. But I had always like then to be together even more after the Tower of Heaven arc.
I do ship ZerefxMavis and GajeelxLevy.
Don't like Lucy and Jellal so will abstain of making any comments about then to avoid problems.
But I think LucyxLoke
Oct 24, 2016 2:55 PM
Oct 2013
Chaos-King said:
It is bad that I ship Natsu with Erza? The way they act sometimes look more like something lovers would do rather than siblins. But I had always like then to be together even more after the Tower of Heaven arc.
Don't like Lucy and Jellal so will abstain of making any comments about then to avoid problems.
But I think LucyxLoke

This is fine for you to ship. I´m not a shipping Nazi, everyone can write fanfiction for himself and has his own headcanon. The point of this thread was to summarize rationally all the couples of the series and discuss possibilities since it´s a prevelant theme of the manga.

People seem to care more about that than anything else. So if you find reasonable scenes that fit your ship you may quote them and use them for your arguments sake, i just wanna avoid it from becoming a listing thread where everyone writes down who he ships. The why is more interesting to know.
Oct 24, 2016 3:57 PM
Jun 2016
Isterio said:
Chaos-King said:
But I think LucyxLoke

This is fine for you to ship. I´m not a shipping Nazi, everyone can write fanfiction for himself and has his own headcanon. The point of this thread was to summarize rationally all the couples of the series and discuss possibilities since it´s a prevelant theme of the manga.

People seem to care more about that than anything else. So if you find reasonable scenes that fit your ship you may quote them and use them for your arguments sake, i just wanna avoid it from becoming a listing thread where everyone writes down who he ships. The why is more interesting to know.

I understand, well there are couple of good moments in where Natsu and Erza are seems closer than siblins should be and when Erza had that the only person who had her full trust is Natsu, even among his friends Natsu is the one closes to Erza and the only one who is there for her he go to extremes when she is crying, she also ask Natsu to watch her back whe she could easily ask the girls to help her with that.
Oct 25, 2016 5:33 AM

Apr 2008
Nelu reigns supreme for the pairings of those two. Especially after last chapter and recent events.
Jan 10, 2017 1:56 AM
Jan 2017
I think LokeXAries is pretty much canon? I think Loke is going to end up with aires over Lucy because shes human and he isnt. Gotta give the main character a functioning relationship, yknow?

I'm also pretty sure NatsuXLucy is canon too. I mean, there is a character (mira) who is actively shipping them/pushing the two together romantically.

GrayXJuvia is most likely canon too. But you really don't know. The only thing that puts me off is Gray's (current) obvious dislike for her.

I know theres this MestXWendy VS RomeoXWendy thing, but im sure if any one is going to actually happen its MestXWendy. Although both have a strange sort of age imbalance so idk. (Wendy is older than Romeo technically although their body's are the same age, and Mest is already older than Wendy by a bit (i cant really tell how much, a few years at most though), PLUS her body age is 7 years younger than her actual age, making it seem like a 12 y.o is dating a 30 y.o if they do become canon). Maybe wendy will remain single forever (or at least until the end).

MiraXLaxus are probably going to become canon soon too. I say (write? type?) this because of a few scenes and moments here and there (this could just be trollshima though).

FreedXLaxus also have a chance of being canon. I think its pretty obvious that Freed has a crush on Laxus. Or it might just end as 'admiration' because idk how homophobic the general public of Japan is.
Jul 2, 2017 2:39 PM
Oct 2016
Natsu x Lucy is obviously going to happen. I read somewhere that Hiro Mashima's favorite pairing is Nalu. Plus Gray has showed that he does indeed have feelings for Juvia is the later chapters of the last arc. Natsu x Lisanna will never ever happen so y'all can keep dreaming it while. 🙃
Jul 3, 2017 7:23 PM

Dec 2015
Not surprise, Geez this thread's turning into a shipping war. LOL! anyway people can ship whomever they want. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But I've got to agree with this, canon wise
Isterio said:

Zeref Mavis, the tragic couple

Erza Jellal.

Gray Juvia.

Laxus Mirajane.

Gajeel Levi.

Elfman Evergreen.

Happy Charlu.

Added Cobra and Kinana

Whether you like it or not, They're obviously the couples that are going to end up together, For me Mashima's very clear on that.

Natsu x Lucy is endgame to me, despite the lack of romantic display, I mean don't get me wrong they had the most screen time together but comparing them to Erza x Jellal for example, some of Natsu and lucy's interaction may seem ambiguous or just needs a little more push, yeah but I do believe it'll happen soon, Mashima's saving this two for the last.

I also feel like there is something going on between Sting and Yukino, There are no solid evidences to that but I just felt like they had this chemistry when Rogue accidentally groped her and when they were playing around the pool.
QueenSapphireJul 3, 2017 7:46 PM
Jul 11, 2017 12:04 PM
Apr 2016
Sparteh said:

Zeref X Mavis.
Zeref and Mavis are my favorite ship! I am so sad if they at least don't get together (even if she's dead)....

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.