Forum Settings
Forums

Looking for a team for a hybrid Light/Graphic Novel project, need Artists and Co-Writers

New
Aug 30, 2015 9:19 PM

Aug 2015
Hello! my name is Jho and I've seen a lot of work in the forums, so I'm hoping someone might be interested in a project I started some time ago. For now it's a light novel I'm writing and I'm looking for both writers who can help me better up this story as well as artists who can draw some art for it. My idea is to make a light novel AND a graphic novel at the same time, I will eventually explain more about this. (I added some more info on this at the bottom of the post)

For now I will try to explain what the story is like and I say try 'cause I'm not sure I'm explaining a lot, but I will try to reply to any doubts to anyone who could be interested.

---------------------------

World

It's a story set on a different planet somewhat different to Earth, although technology is advanced, most cities aren't completely urbanized, there are barely any cars and life is slightly different to the one we are used to. People here have a more human life, less tech-based and you could say more personal lifestyle, well-balanced. I guess it could be that of a smaller town on our world at a bigger scale, it's complicated...

In what comes to who inhabits this world, Humans exist there just as we know them, however there's also 2 other races which I haven't come to name yet.

One of them, is a race that has a special look to them that I will keep secret for now, although I will mention that they, in some conditions, will look just like humans, but they're insides will be different... They posses some supernatural powers although they're not powerful enough to be a threat to the other races. They're way of living as well as the environment where they are comfortable is different to the standards of humans.

The other, although almost extinct, is a human-like race that exhibits powers unique to their souls, given this situation they were hunted down by both the other races in a fear-based attempt to prevent them from ever gaining control of the world. The other two races only ever allied for this one cause, this one war.

The world is sort of split into 3 parts, one is full domain of the mysterious race, and the opposite by the human race, making an area in between them, a no longer occupied area that used to belong to the now extinct race. It was left devastated after the war and serves as borders for the new world.

Characters

The story will focus on and around the life of a couple around their 20's, they are part of the almost extinct race. Hidden amongst the regular humans, they live a regular life.

Although I will not talk in here about their personalities, I will mention that they were childhood friends and have almost always been together, their relationship is strong and mature and will not look like any stereotypes that we would expect from our society.

Referent to their abilities as part of this race, the guy can control his shadow, it has a mind of it's own but it serves his master faithfully, it can't talk but it expresses itself with a slightly overreacted body language that is aimed to plant comedy into the story. He is a musician and teacher at the local school, he teaches Music to grades equal to our high school level.

The girl has the power to heal people and automatically heal most of her injuries very quickly, although healing other people has a downside to it (which I haven't defined yet) In not so old times both the other races would hunt down and exploit this kind of healing abilities for their own purposes, even through severe torture and slavery. She is the head chef and owner of a popular restaurant in town, this restaurant is particularly liked for it's music shows, which were obviously influenced by her partner. She is also singer for a lot of her boyfriend's music projects.

At some point during their childhood, she was saved by the guy's family from danger and started growing up together with him. Their past is important and develops into who they are in the present time of the story, but I intend to cover this eventually and will leave it unknown for now.

Story

I will continue to talk about the beginnings of the story, so I guess you could say there are spoilers ahead.

They try to live their regular life, hiding their powers from everyone as they will surely run great danger if it was ever known. However a mysterious person begins following the couple, gathering information about them, hunting them down. It is eventually known that the mysterious person is after the girl and not only for her powers but because of something they do not know yet, something... bigger than they could ever expect.

This eventually leads to an attempt at capturing her at the restaurant which fails but ends up burning the whole place down and the attacker disappeared for the moment. Later, they're being guarded by the town's security. The person was at some point revealed to be part of the 2nd race I mentioned but somehow it's powers are way too strong, something is odd and out of place. Judging by the lack of knowledge and for their safety they decided to use a necklace left by the guy's family, a memento he received as a kid
from his father, but they agreed to keep it sealed until it was extremely necessary to use. (This necklace would only awaken under certain conditions and it would be linked to the user's life and so it accepted the guy as it's owner. He and his dad then proceeded to discover and perfection how it worked, only to seal it some time later so that no one would know about it. Protecting his kid from any danger) The necklace takes it's shape and powers relating to it's owner's soul. For now, I call 'em Soul Catalysts and they will take a bigger role in the story, eventually.

However the guy judges the necklace is too uncomfortable so the girl turns it into a sort of bracelet he wears on his left wrist. The girl although she doesn't own one of these catalysts has other ways of defending herself.

The mysterious attacker strikes again but they can both defend themselves now and it leads to quick paced battle that leads to (and I will not spoil here) to the corruption of the guy's soul, but a momentarily defeat of their attacker.

Genres

Well, I'm honestly not a fan of limitations such as genres but I will try my best to somewhat describe what the story will be like using some of these.

It's centered to be a mature story that will make the reader or viewer, reflect on how simple and power can bonds and life be, it will focus on character developing, and dealing with the consequences to their actions and decisions. It will also explore the couple's relationship and show how strong this bonds can be as both parties mature, although I will try to take out very stereotypical love-romantic oriented situations and make it a more natural flowing relationship.

It will have strong, intense, creative and detailed fights, they will eventually fight for survival and their beliefs, in what comes to these battles, my intention is to make it bloody and gorey

It will contain both harsh drama and comedy, it will also try to integrate and relate both a younger and an older reader or viewer towards the characters and their decisions.

It will contain, I guess by default for it's setting, supernatural and a small bit of sci-fi, however it will also revolve around slice of life. Not forgetting to mention that it will contain mystery and horror, hell, even some politics.

All in all, the most important part will be character development inside and around all what was mentioned.

------------

Project

With all this said, I would like to gather some people for this project, mainly, I'm looking AT LEAST for one guy and one girl who can help me develop the story further to what I already have, this of course will be based on what I have created, so I will give (whoever
would like in) way more information that I have talked about.

Now, this will be a Light Novel but like I said, I don't like limiting stuff, so I would like to discuss styles and ideas with Artists who'd like to contribute to the story too. I wanna combine the Light novel illustrations and make something unique.

Of course, if you have any ideas and would like to help me, you'll be gladly welcomed into the team however I do want to remark that I would prefer to have serious people, preferably with a decent amount of life experience however it is NOT a requirement at all and it is not my intention to leave people out.

The team will be small and I will (only in special circumstances and if needed) select the people who will actually be in the team.

I hope someone will be interested and don't doubt about asking me anything.

More topics from this board

» English essay

Jeycopp - Feb 3, 2015

12 by JeanParcks »»
4 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

362 by nin-tendo »»
Yesterday, 11:56 AM

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Yesterday, 6:15 AM

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - Apr 24

4 by Kinspie13 »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
Apr 24, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.