Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 24, 2015 10:18 AM
Jan 2015
Seeing the whole mekakucity actors I wondered about Japanese mythology or religion
could have anything to do with the snake eyes and white snake queen?.
So When I looked up snake mythology in shinto Japanese. I found the word
Hebi and the tale dojjoj sort of connecting to the serie.

Ok Hebi as in snake in read in the shinto is said to be meaning of death and the underworld.
Also to point out the shedding of a snake skin in shinto can become shapeshifting meaning they can change numberless identities and even become as humans. But the thing about this is that the white snakes has always seem higher than the other snakes for the goddess Benzaiten had a river snake around her. This may lead to marry maybe being the last white snake.

What I mean then with dojjoj is that Marry's mother may be the women who could turn into a big snake falling in love with a monk but they might have made a twist of this myth making it look lovelier.

mhm as of Hebi with all the other characters having snakes eyes= snakes. I would also but out that it is said a alive snake is good luck while a dead on is bad luck meaning the shedding is their rebirths and leading them to deeper misfortune as Shintaro gets attacked by a gang and they all somehow seems to fall into bad luck is because of dying many times.

And ending Kenjirou the last snake of the members. Reason why he always wants to destroy ? his jealousy for marry simply.

Anyways hope you guys have some more analyzing on this ^^

Source: http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/shinto-deities.html
http://www.horimatsu.com/snake-japanese-myth/
Oct 20, 2015 1:34 AM
Jul 2015
Interesting how a Japanese mythology turned into "modern day teens" anime. The snake mythology made it interesting or else it would be another lame romance ,NEET, harem anime Thank God they used their own modified version of the snake myth đź‘Ť
In every time, in every world, the strong polish their fangs while the weak polish their wisdom.

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.