12.2%
Neither are good
17.1%
82 votes
Jun 26, 2015 7:51 PM
May 2015
Lisanna vs Lucy

Who is the better character?

This is NOT a nalu vs nali thread although some idiot will bring that up.
CrescentgenisiNov 9, 2015 2:07 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 28, 2015 9:56 AM

Apr 2008
Lucy easily. She always strives to get stronger as we've seen during her training with Capricorn before the GMG and then her obvious improvement since the one year timeskip after Tartaros.

She has also played a key role and saved a lot of characters throughout the series. Natsu, Loke heck even Juvia to say nothing of her contribution during the GMG and the massive save she did at such a high price to herself during Tartaros. Yes she gets rescued a lot but she has saved many characters on her own as well.

She has Lisanna beat in raw power as well. Hell just in her taurus form she was enough to be on par with the rest of Team Natsu in terms of sheer destructive capability.

The most Lisanna can do is claw people's faces with her cat girl form. It's pitiful
Jun 28, 2015 9:13 PM

Jan 2012
I'm fine with both but Lisanna's a personal favorite. Cute design, nice role in the story, lovely support character. I find her bond with her siblings rather touching too. She does seem to receive quite a bit of character bashing though, sadly...
Jun 28, 2015 9:48 PM

Dec 2013
Definitely neither. Lucy is just an overall bad character and Lisanna isn't relevant to the series at all. Bringing her back was so painfully pointless.
G_Spark233Jul 1, 2015 10:12 PM
Jun 30, 2015 11:56 PM
Jun 2015
In the name of God and all that is Holy, why in the bluest of all Hell did Hiro bring Lisanna back? What is her purpose for the story? I mean, she hasn't pursued her former relationship w/Natsu? So why oh why would she be relevant?

OT: Obvious Lucy is an immeasurably better character is obvious.
Jul 5, 2015 3:56 AM
Oct 2013
G_Spark233 said:
Definitely neither. Lucy is just an overall bad character and Lisanna isn't relevant to the series at all. Bringing her back was so painfully pointless.

Why is Lucy a bad character? Why is she "now" a bad character I would have understood this before all the shit that happened post timeskips but now she has evolved into something pretty decent.

Lissana is a typical case of unused character disease, she´d become interesting if she would do anything. Lucy had alot of development as a character, what sucks is Hiro´s abuse of her for the sake of fanservice.

I would say neither currently since one has painful to read momments and glorious ones while the other has basicly nothing.
Jul 6, 2015 11:26 AM

Mar 2014
Lucy. I appreciate her growth character and power wise. She keeps getting better while other characters who used to be great is getting worse. That and for all the fanservice talk besides 442(where she and Erza was flirting with some random guy to get their way) she hasn't been used for fanservice since the GMG
Jul 6, 2015 12:03 PM

Nov 2012
I prefer Lisanna looks wise, but everything else Lucy has her beat. Sort of unfair, she's had no characterization since her pointless return.
Jaywalker.
Jul 7, 2015 10:06 AM

May 2015
Freed activates enchantment to make it so they can't use magic

Lissana wins instant K.O becuase Lucy is a school girl that can do shit without magic.
I am the King, address me as anything less and face the wrath of The Emperor Supreme King
Jul 8, 2015 5:48 AM

Jun 2013
KingAce261 said:

Lissana wins instant K.O becuase Lucy is a school girl that can do shit without magic.

Okay, so what the fuck can Lisanna do without her magic? Really what can she do? In terms of strength Lucy can kick, plus she has the whip, Lisanna has nothing.
Jul 8, 2015 5:49 AM

Apr 2008
metsujin said:
KingAce261 said:

Okay, so what the fuck can Lisanna do without her magic? Really what can she do? In terms of strength Lucy can kick, plus she has the whip, Lisanna has nothing.

LOL Lisanna wins without her magic? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH THAT IS THE BEST JOKE EVER. What is she going to do? Waiter Lucy to death? Get out of town King.
Jul 8, 2015 7:54 AM

May 2015
Darklight0303 said:
metsujin said:

LOL Lisanna wins without her magic? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH THAT IS THE BEST JOKE EVER. What is she going to do? Waiter Lucy to death? Get out of town King.

Hardy har har har. Have you seen lissana Magic its takeover that means she has to know some combat because she has to get close to her opponents and use close range attacks unlike Lucy who just summons spirits and watches the fight from the sidelines.
I am the King, address me as anything less and face the wrath of The Emperor Supreme King
Jul 8, 2015 8:06 AM

Jun 2013
KingAce261 said:

Hardy har har har. Have you seen lissana Magic its takeover that means she has to know some combat because she has to get close to her opponents and use close range attacks unlike Lucy who just summons spirits and watches the fight from the sidelines.

Firstly Lucy fights alongside her spirits, second Lisanna can only transform into animals, cute ones nonetheless. Sorry man Lucy > Lisanna in terms of combat skills.
Jul 8, 2015 9:01 AM

Apr 2008
metsujin said:
KingAce261 said:

Firstly Lucy fights alongside her spirits, second Lisanna can only transform into animals, cute ones nonetheless. Sorry man Lucy > Lisanna in terms of combat skills.

Trying to make a deluded fanboy like him see reason is pointless.

Plus lets not forget that the Taurus stardress is focused on physical force. So even though she does get a boost from that she has to have skills in hand to hand to use them to their effect. DID YOU NOT SEE THAT FUCKING POSTURE SHE HAD WHEN SHE PUNCHED OUT THE VIRUS CHICK IN THE BABY MAKER? That was text book fighting posture. Lisanna relies ENTIRELY on her takover for anything offensive.

Lucy would destroy Lisanna with ease.
Jul 8, 2015 9:03 AM

Mar 2014
Darklight0303 said:
metsujin said:

Plus lets not forget that the Taurus stardress is focused on physical force. So even though she does get a boost from that she has to have skills in hand to hand to use them to their effect. DID YOU NOT SEE THAT FUCKING POSTURE SHE HAD WHEN SHE PUNCHED OUT THE VIRUS CHICK IN THE BABY MAKER? That was text book fighting posture. Lisanna relies ENTIRELY on her takover for anything offensive.

What offensive feats does she even have w/her magic?
Jul 8, 2015 10:03 AM
May 2015
I am not going to quote anybody

But Capricorn is seen training lucy's magic early on but he is a martial arts expert so I would assume that he would teach her some skills.

The realistic thing about being a nonfighter learning martial arts is that you have to be a blackbelt or higher degree to do damage against someone who has that fighter/killer instinct. So it would take some time to learn. And lucy is growing more aggressive you can see that in how she got mad (in I think 438) when the guild hit mira with a bottle as oppose to the second chapter when mira was initially hit and lucy just kind of freaked out at the guild fighting each other.

Lucy always tries and consistently improves, but everyone else improves so her strengths are hidden. I hope Hiro doesn't do something like with what happen with Sakura where she did something super awesome but nobody cares by then. People's opinions of lucy started to improve with tartarus but I think her getting captured by Avatar and the sucky filler eclipse anime portraying her as super weak has caused the haters to rise back up.
CrescentgenisiJul 8, 2015 1:39 PM
Jul 8, 2015 10:12 AM

Jun 2013
Crescentgenisi said:

But Capricorn is seen training lucy's magic early on but he is a martial arts expert so I would assume that he would teach her some skills.

The realistic thing about being a nonfighter learning martial arts is that you have to be a blackbelt or higher degree to do damage against someone who has that fighter/killer instinct. So it would take some time to learn. And lucy is growing more aggressive you can see that in how she got mad (in I think 438) when the guild hit mira with a bottle as oppose to the second chapter when mira was initially hit and lucy just kind of freaked out at the guild fighting each other.

Lucy always tries and consistently improves, but everyone else improves so her strengths are hidden. I hope Hiro doesn't do something like with what happen with Sakura where she did something super awesome but it was 400 chapters too late for anyone to care. People's opinions of lucy started to improve with tartarus but I think her getting captured by Avatar and the sucky filler eclipse anime portraying her as super weak has caused the haters to rise back up.

Being capture by Tartaros wasn't because she was weak physically... more like mentally aka she let her emotions cloud her judgement that's why the got captured in the first place. But yes, Lucy always tries to improve, and that's shown through out the series. I do not hate Lisanna, stated this a couple of time, but I still find her character useless, she's just there, I mean a lot of people say "She's cute", almost all the girls in FT are cute. I hope she does something this arc or next arc, I sometimes thought of "What if Hiro kills her..." but then I think "Why bring her back if he'd kill her later." Seriously she should've stayed dead.
Jul 8, 2015 10:41 AM
May 2015
metsujin said:
Crescentgenisi said:

Lucy always tries and consistently improves, but everyone else improves so her strengths are hidden. I hope Hiro doesn't do something like with what happen with Sakura where she did something super awesome but it was 400 chapters too late for anyone to care. People's opinions of lucy started to improve with tartarus but I think her getting captured by Avatar and the sucky filler eclipse anime portraying her as super weak has caused the haters to rise back up.

Being capture by Tartaros wasn't because she was weak physically... more like mentally aka she let her emotions cloud her judgement that's why the got captured in the first place. But yes, Lucy always tries to improve, and that's shown through out the series. I do not hate Lisanna, stated this a couple of time, but I still find her character useless, she's just there, I mean a lot of people say "She's cute", almost all the girls in FT are cute. I hope she does something this arc or next arc, I sometimes thought of "What if Hiro kills her..." but then I think "Why bring her back if he'd kill her later." Seriously she should've stayed dead.

Lisanna was more interesting in the memories, but even in the memoreis she was a character that baby natsu had to protect and elfman "killed." She is a victim character. People say Lucy is a vicitm. She is the wearkest of the main characters so she is going to get targeted, and hiro is going to play up the nalu with having natsu save her. But at least Lucy does stuff (saved loke, fought angel, closed eclipse, soloed the entire tartarus guild even if it was for just a few moments, kicked ass in her star dress form against those demons at lamina scale and later against those 2000 fodder avatar wizards).

Lisanna main panel time is when she
a. she gets used against Mira and Elfman
b. gets captured/ takes a beating

I can't see Lisanna getting too much better unless Mira and elfman take a back seat because their powers are too similar. Plus we now have the wizard saint with take over abilities. Do we really need four main people running around super OP with take over abilities?
On that note - I did one time think that Hiro might kill off Mira and have lisanna take her place.
Jul 8, 2015 10:50 AM

Apr 2008
ziggy_Z said:
Darklight0303 said:

Uhhhhh scratching?
Jul 8, 2015 10:56 AM

Dec 2012
Considering their screen time, Lisana.
Jul 8, 2015 12:03 PM
May 2015
Darklight0303 said:
ziggy_Z said:

Uhhhhh scratching?

As a penguin, she sat on azuma... before she transformed and tried to scratch him. Hmm... I think Happy has more feats than Lisanna.

Lisanna has a cool character design and a great backstory so hope Hiro is not just bringing her along on the latest arc as a support person to get captured.
Jul 8, 2015 12:15 PM
May 2015
I should have added Cana and Levi to this polling thread as well. Then it would have been a more general discussion than just lucy/lisanna bashing. Because Cana is suppose to be powerful but has yet to do anything useful while Levi is not very powerful but always shows up in the nick of time to help out.

Right now the ranking of ft girls would be
1. erza (high)
2. mira/juvia/lucy/wendy/cana
3. lisanna/levi (low)
Jul 8, 2015 12:32 PM

Apr 2008
Crescentgenisi said:
I should have added Cana and Levi to this polling thread as well. Then it would have been a more general discussion than just lucy/lisanna bashing. Because Cana is suppose to be powerful but has yet to do anything useful while Levi is not very powerful but always shows up in the nick of time to help out.

1. erza (high)
3. lisanna/levi (low)

I think you forget Cana saved the whole guild during Tartarus when Elfman tried to blow them up BECAUSE LISANNA GOT CAPTURED AGAIN

Crescentgenisi said:
Darklight0303 said:

Uhhhhh scratching?

As a penguin, she sat on azuma... before she transformed and tried to scratch him. Hmm... I think Happy has more feats than Lisanna.

Lisanna has a cool character design and a great backstory so hope Hiro is not just bringing her along on the latest arc as a support person to get captured.

Mashima has shown nothing but contempt for her character so far. I wouldn't get your hopes up
Jul 8, 2015 1:49 PM

May 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Crescentgenisi said:

1. erza (high)
3. lisanna/levi (low)

I think you forget Cana saved the whole guild during Tartarus when Elfman tried to blow them up BECAUSE LISANNA GOT CAPTURED AGAIN

Crescentgenisi said:

Mashima has shown nothing but contempt for her character so far. I wouldn't get your hopes up

All all Lucy has is a whip and a stupid kick that makes no sense. Though I guess you are right Lissana ain't got much going for her either. Honestly with no magic it'd just turn into a stupid chick fight.
Jul 8, 2015 2:31 PM
May 2015
KingAce261 said:
Darklight0303 said:

All all Lucy has is a whip and a stupid kick that makes no sense. Though I guess you are right Lissana ain't got much going for her either. Honestly with no magic it'd just turn into a stupid chick fight.

It would be a chick fight.

Levy and Cana without magic would be bad too. Wendy without her magic would be pretty bad too. I mean even with her magic in the beginning she was kind of annoying. She might be better now because Carla seems to be able to pull of some hand to hand combat, but who knows.
Jul 8, 2015 2:36 PM

Apr 2008
Crescentgenisi said:
KingAce261 said:

Levy and Cana without magic would be bad too. Wendy without her magic would be pretty bad too. I mean even with her magic in the beginning she was kind of annoying. She might be better now because Carla seems to be able to pull of some hand to hand combat, but who knows.

I Can't agree to that whatsoever. Wendy was AT most annoying only during Oracion Seis but there is' understandable since this was the FIRST group of REAL people and even a fellow Dragon Slayer like her that she'd met.

Also how is a whip not working in favor of Lucy. Whips can strangle, restrain, disarm trip, you name it. Lucy has always made it clear that her ideal as a celestial spirit mage is to fight ALONGSIDE her spirits. As such she always trains and strives for strength. Hell even fucking Yukino proved she has knowledge of hand to hand combat if you factor in the few decent bits of that eclipse filler.

Plus Lucy is PLENTY aware of her weakness that if she loses her keys she's in for a rough time. Minerva beat that lesson into her quite thoroughly and the thought of losing her keys again after Tartarus is definitely one of her greatest fears I'd wager.
Jul 8, 2015 2:57 PM
May 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Crescentgenisi said:

I Can't agree to that whatsoever. Wendy was AT most annoying only during Oracion Seis but there is' understandable since this was the FIRST group of REAL people and even a fellow Dragon Slayer like her that she'd met.

Also how is a whip not working in favor of Lucy. Whips can strangle, restrain, disarm trip, you name it. Lucy has always made it clear that her ideal as a celestial spirit mage is to fight ALONGSIDE her spirits. As such she always trains and strives for strength. Hell even fucking Yukino proved she has knowledge of hand to hand combat if you factor in the few decent bits of that eclipse filler.

Plus Lucy is PLENTY aware of her weakness that if she loses her keys she's in for a rough time. Minerva beat that lesson into her quite thoroughly and the thought of losing her keys again after Tartarus is definitely one of her greatest fears I'd wager.

That is true - Lucy does have skills with a normal whip. But I can't see Lucy whipping lisanna. That is why I think it would be more of a chick fight. Wrestling and pulling hair like Lucy and Sherry do when they fight.

And her loss against Minerva is exactly why I would think capricorn would teach her martial arts because he is an expert.

Wendy was annoying until she supported Gajeel and Natsu in the final battle of Edolas Arc, but I personally really didn't like how Wendy didn't do anything when the exceeds were throwing stuff at her when she was trying to save them. And Wendy on tenrou was awful until she sort of helped in the fight with Hades. But in the GMG she was good and the df in tartarus was awesome.

But I think it is ok for wendy to be annoying in the beginning. I actually like the fact that Wendy was annoying. She was a child unlike the other characters. She needed to have a different personality. The story shows a child growing into this independent confident dragon slayer even though Hiro will forever keep her a loli to bait those creepy men like Mesh. Her growth also needs to be slow because we can't have her turning into natsu when he is only like 11 or 12 now.

Its like with Lucy. I like how Lucy was portrayed as weak and has had a slow growth. Its more realistic. Even though sometimes I wish she could have grew faster.

But if you take away Wendy's magic, I can't see her doing much. She doesn't have the mass or the killer instint to win against Lucy, Lisanna or Cana. Maybe Levy.
Jul 8, 2015 3:00 PM

Nov 2014
Neither are good imo.
Jul 8, 2015 3:04 PM

Apr 2008
Crescentgenisi said:
Snip

We are talking hypothetical here. As in a world where the two combatant characters have no feelings for one another except to utterly defeat their opponent. THat's the only way you can compare powers and skills objectively and in that regard once you eliminate Magic, Lucy still wins. Also Lucy has two whips the normal one and Fleuve de Etoile whose properties are kinda hard to accurately point out but it's not an ordinary whip.
Darklight0303Jul 8, 2015 3:09 PM
Jul 8, 2015 3:29 PM
May 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Crescentgenisi said:
Snip

Really? I'm hurt :P

Hypothetically Lucy should be able to win even without the whips because she should have some hand to hand combat at this point plus Lucy had the lucy kick and was able to throw some punches in the past. But yea I was just explaining why I thought it would be a chick fight. I have this image of sherry and lucy pulling each others hair from either galuna island or oracion seis.

On a side note: I really thought her two whips had combined forms. Idk where I got that idea
Jul 8, 2015 3:32 PM

Apr 2008
Crescentgenisi said:
Darklight0303 said:

Hypothetically Lucy should be able to win even without the whips because she should have some hand to hand combat at this point plus Lucy had the lucy kick and was able to throw some punches in the past. But yea I was just explaining why I thought it would be a chick fight. I have this image of sherry and lucy pulling each others hair from either galuna island or oracion seis.

On a side note: I really thought her two whips had combined forms. Idk where I got that idea

Hahaha well that was a gag fight rather than a real fight :P

The handles are different. Fleuve's is more intricate while the normal whip is well normal.
Jul 8, 2015 4:19 PM
May 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Crescentgenisi said:

Hahaha well that was a gag fight rather than a real fight :P

The handles are different. Fleuve's is more intricate while the normal whip is well normal.

True
Jul 8, 2015 6:09 PM

May 2015
Crescentgenisi said:
Darklight0303 said:

That is true - Lucy does have skills with a normal whip. But I can't see Lucy whipping lisanna. That is why I think it would be more of a chick fight. Wrestling and pulling hair like Lucy and Sherry do when they fight.

And her loss against Minerva is exactly why I would think capricorn would teach her martial arts because he is an expert.

Wendy was annoying until she supported Gajeel and Natsu in the final battle of Edolas Arc, but I personally really didn't like how Wendy didn't do anything when the exceeds were throwing stuff at her when she was trying to save them. And Wendy on tenrou was awful until she sort of helped in the fight with Hades. But in the GMG she was good and the df in tartarus was awesome.

But I think it is ok for wendy to be annoying in the beginning. I actually like the fact that Wendy was annoying. She was a child unlike the other characters. She needed to have a different personality. The story shows a child growing into this independent confident dragon slayer even though Hiro will forever keep her a loli to bait those creepy men like Mesh. Her growth also needs to be slow because we can't have her turning into natsu when he is only like 11 or 12 now.

Its like with Lucy. I like how Lucy was portrayed as weak and has had a slow growth. Its more realistic. Even though sometimes I wish she could have grew faster.

But if you take away Wendy's magic, I can't see her doing much. She doesn't have the mass or the killer instint to win against Lucy, Lisanna or Cana. Maybe Levy.

Yeah except if you ask me being weak in the beginning then getting stronger only works for the kids. I mean look at all the other wizards they were always that powerful then look at Lucy she just got strong and had 2nd origin long ago but still just got strong after a year gap. Plus we don't even know if she actually got strong. There was no way to see anyone's strength since avatar was weak as shit the only one we actually knew got a long a lot more powerful was Natsu since he one shoted blue note who it took gildarts to beat.

But yeah any of the girls except Erza and Mira without magic and fighting is just gonna be a chick fight.

Oh and a whip requires strength and if you don't have the strength to back it it's a liability. That's why I don't count it when Lucy fights. I mean think about it if you wrap someone in it and they r strong they can just pull and you some to their fist. Oh and isn't her new whip magic so that wouldn't work in a no magic fight anyway.
Jul 13, 2015 3:39 AM
May 2015
KingAce261 said:
Crescentgenisi said:

Yeah except if you ask me being weak in the beginning then getting stronger only works for the kids. I mean look at all the other wizards they were always that powerful then look at Lucy she just got strong and had 2nd origin long ago but still just got strong after a year gap. Plus we don't even know if she actually got strong. There was no way to see anyone's strength since avatar was weak as shit the only one we actually knew got a long a lot more powerful was Natsu since he one shoted blue note who it took gildarts to beat.

But yeah any of the girls except Erza and Mira without magic and fighting is just gonna be a chick fight.

Oh and a whip requires strength and if you don't have the strength to back it it's a liability. That's why I don't count it when Lucy fights. I mean think about it if you wrap someone in it and they r strong they can just pull and you some to their fist. Oh and isn't her new whip magic so that wouldn't work in a no magic fight anyway.

You're trying(and failing) too hard to put down Lucy. Objectively Lucy is a better character. And there's really nothing you can do but accept facts. Lowballing and ridicule without logical reasoning which you pretty much do everytime a discussion with Lucy come up doesn't help your credibility
Jul 13, 2015 7:12 AM

Dec 2012
metsujin said:

But objectively how Trentor11 said, Lucy is a much better character.

There is no objectively. Much like everything else in judgment it's all subjective.

The only thing objective when it comes to the two characters that is relevant to judgement is that Lucy obviously had more screen time and focus.

Consider this on mind, Lisana can be a better character for someone because if she is average, Lucy is below average. If someone thinks Lucy is badly written, then having more screen time is a negative.

And to me, Lisana is better written. With what little screen time she had, she made a lasting impression on me, due to her relationship with her siblings and the flashback with Natsu. While Lucy have so much screen time, yet she is barely developed, she is constantly failing, weak and depends on others and is the poster girl for the fanservice of the series, the butt of all jokes. From what I read in the manga, after the Tatross arc, she was shown so dependand on the guild, made her seem pathetic imo, everybody else leading their own paths on life, while the only thing she had was the guild.
Jul 13, 2015 7:26 AM

Jun 2013
tsudecimo said:
metsujin said:

There is no objectively. Much like everything else in judgment it's all subjective.

The only thing objective when it comes to the two characters that is relevant to judgement is that Lucy obviously had more screen time and focus.

Consider this on mind, Lisana can be a better character for someone because if she is average, Lucy is below average. If someone thinks Lucy is badly written, then having more screen time is a negative.

And to me, Lisana is better written. With what little screen time she had, she made a lasting impression on me, due to her relationship with her siblings and the flashback with Natsu. While Lucy have so much screen time, yet she is barely developed, she is constantly failing, weak and depends on others and is the poster girl for the fanservice of the series, the butt of all jokes. From what I read in the manga, after the Tatross arc, she was shown so dependand on the guild, made her seem pathetic imo, everybody else leading their own paths on life, while the only thing she had was the guild.

The question here is "Who is a better character?" Not "Which character I like more."

There's fanservice in Fairy Tail, woow we all know that, everyone was used in fanservice, throughout the series. You can clearly see Lucy development, since the beginning until now. She states several times that she's not strong, but despite that she still tries her best. Actually she's one of the character with most development in the series. You blame her for depending on her guild? That's her family, she literally has no one besides them. Mother died, father died, Fairy Tail is her family and cares about them. You actually see her try to become a reporter, and she tried to bring back the guild together, because she cared about, because that's where she feels at home.
I can go into more detail why Lucy is a better character than Lisanna.

Lisanna has indeed less screen time, heck she's a supporting character, but up until this point, what exactly did she accomplish? Nothing, some thought she'd be a 'love rival' or something like that, personally I'm glad it didn't go that way. The only aspect that I like about her, it's the whole Strauss siblings stuff. I don't hate her, I just find her pointless, tell me that you wouldn't have preferred for her to stay dead.
Jul 13, 2015 7:35 AM

Apr 2008
tsudecimo said:
metsujin said:

Constantly failing? Are you fucking serious? Remind me again WHO BUSTED THE WHOLE GUILD OUT OF ALEGRIA AT THE COST OF ONE OF HER MOTHER'S PRECIOUS MEMENTOS AND FIRST FRIENDS. you did not read the manga whatsoever.
Jul 13, 2015 8:14 AM

Dec 2012
metsujin said:
tsudecimo said:

The question here is "Who is a better character?" Not "Which character I like more."

Hence me saying ''badly written'' not ''unlikeable'' when talking about Lucy.

Seems like my point went entirely above your head. I'm not here to argue about FT characters or FT in general, I can waste my time in better ways (and saying she is one of the characters with the most development, already means we have complete opposite views of her character).

My entire point was that if someone thinks Lucy is a bad character (as in badly written, not simply dislike), and see Lisana as average in terms of writing being a minor supporting character all, then Lisana would be a better character than Lucy from his perspective. Average > below average in a nutshell. Just don't throw words like objectivity in discussion, is what I'm saying.
Jul 21, 2015 7:41 PM
May 2015
Has it ever been stated if lisanna has had her second origin unlocked?
Jul 21, 2015 8:52 PM
Oct 2013
Crescentgenisi said:
No, she was just training with Gajeel and B group for 3 months.
It potentially could be open because Arc of time apparently is a maturing process and second origin most likely opens through training.

Since the rules for second origins opening are completely unknown
currently for Lisanna as well as the rest of B group Schrödinger's cat is applied.
They opened it through training or they didn´t.

Evolved Arc of time and second origin are amyway a plot device to justify a power up that equals the 7 years of training absence. It should be taken to consideration that although Hiro trolled around with Sting and Rogue´s powerlevels both guys were revealed to be severly weaker in the past aka pre time skip Fairy Tail.

However the whole powerlevels in Fairy Tail are bullshit to begin with. Inconsitensies everywhere. I gladly point them out. Dragon Slayers are the Saiyans of Fairy Tail. They become stronger when they eat their element=Zenkai boost. They have a transformation form that makes them all shiny = Dragon force.And since Acnologia is revealed to be able to return to human form it´s obvious that their dragon form is the Ape form of Dragon Ball.
It´s bullshit to give Sting+ Rogue the ability to use Dragon Force at will and make stronger guys Gajeel and Natsu beat them anyway.
It´s like making Trunks and Goten go Super Sayin before Goku or Vegeta even achieved it and make Vegeta and Goku still beat the crap out of them. I can agree on the beating the crap out of them part, but they shouldn´t be able to go Dragon force when stronger dudes can´t.

There is one line kinda hinting towards the worth of opening second origin.
Gajeel trained 3 months and was able to mop the floor with Rogue.
Natsu beat Sting and Rogue, but Hiro always implies that there is only a small gap between the two. He´s the Vegeta of the series, his mouth is always bigger than his muscles.Before people claim how original Hiro is, he´s not, he´definately wrote their relationship with Dragonball in mind . As much as Naruto is Goku Sasuke Vegeta and Gaara is Piccolo.

Back to second origin. Most likely it varies in worth inside Hiro´s mind and he already forgott about it. Because one year of training> second origin. Without any doubts.
Every single member multiplied several times within that 1 year timespan visibly.
Second origin most likely didn´t do all that much to begin with.

So if second origin actually is opened through training than every "training" member has it opened . The question is did Lissana train during all that waitressing?
It´s pretty safe to say that guys like Gajeel, Gray, Laxus or Elfman who "trained" have it open.

On a sidenote:
Literally the best way imo to write a flashback for Elfman would be, he went into some demon infested area for a year where no one leaves alive, where he battled fierce creatures for a year, near the end at his journey he had to fight the King of this area (Big bad demon), which he took over now he has his form. But because this demon has high willpower, it can take Elfman over if he overuses that form.
There we go perfect powerup for Elfman, it involes risk, it explains why he´ll never use it besides those 1-2 times and it gives it tension. Though I bet that Hiro is gonna ignore the whole support cast yet again to show Wendy in provocative positions and a naked Lucy. Every other sidecharacter like Laxus and the Raijinchu write themselves including Gajeel and Mira.
IsterioOct 5, 2015 11:47 PM
Jul 22, 2015 1:37 AM

Apr 2008
Crescentgenisi said:

Impossible since she was not around when Ultear unlocked it for Natsu and Company
Jul 23, 2015 7:54 PM
May 2015
Crescentgenisi said:

O.o the range of answers I got for this question.

@ Isterio: Wow. Mind=blown. Sensing some annoyance/aggression with calling bullshit on s.o.... maybe just a little.

@ Darklight0303: Thanks for keeping it simple.
Jul 23, 2015 8:37 PM
Oct 2013
Crescentgenisi said:
Crescentgenisi said:

O.o the range of answers I got for this question.

@ Isterio: Wow. Mind=blown. Sensing some annoyance/aggression with calling bullshit on s.o.... maybe just a little.

Aggression not at all.
Annoyed certainly at Hiro´s bullshit.

I am till today pissed off at the Bacchus oneshot after all the buildup.
Elfman was my favorite character at the introduction (not a fan of MC´s in general).

Hate his treatemeant in general, have high dislike for the main cast of Fairy Tail (besides Gray and Erza) and the treatment of the secondary cast.
Just wanted to give my two cents with the whole second origin, arc of time plotline and point out how badly written Fairy Tail can be at times.

Currently Fairy Tail is at a highpoint, but Daimatou Enbou was trash in many ways.
Ps: I don´t hate the Sting defeat and actually liked that conclusion.
IsterioNov 16, 2015 5:43 AM
Jul 26, 2015 5:31 AM

May 2010
Both are awesome. Lucy is my most favorite ever, so that speaks for itself. And Lisanna... the poor girl who had her development stolen just so she could be revived... She's very sweet though. Child Lisanna is among my favorites.
Jul 26, 2015 11:27 PM
May 2015
Ahhhhhh! I finally realized why lisanna, elfman, evergreen, cana, levi, fried, and bixlow are coming .... to give the Gemini star dress a chance to clone people. I wonder if Gemini can clone base Wendy, not df Wendy of course......
Jul 27, 2015 1:41 AM

Apr 2008
Crescentgenisi said:
Ahhhhhh! I finally realized why lisanna, elfman, evergreen, cana, levi, fried, and bixlow are coming .... to give the Gemini star dress a chance to clone people. I wonder if Gemini can clone base Wendy, not df Wendy of course......

I don't see how they can come in time. They don't have an underwater temple to bring them unnoticed or a teleporter. Using Blue Pegassus' airship would only get them shotdown by Alvares
Jul 27, 2015 5:40 AM

Mar 2014
Again why is this up for debate. One character grows while the other was a plot device. One gets screen time and focus the other doesn't. One has plot relevance the other doesn't. Nothing Lisanna did(which is next to nothing had a lasting impression) the relationship with Natsu was barely touched on so I didn't see the point. Bringing her back was a waste. Hiro shouldn't cater to the fans. Now she's back and it solves nothing. Because Hiro doesn't know what to do. He should've kept her dead and have Mira keep building her relationship with Yukino and vice versa
Jul 27, 2015 5:49 AM

Apr 2008
TheGrandSage23 said:
Again why is this up for debate. One character grows while the other was a plot device. One gets screen time and focus the other doesn't. One has plot relevance the other doesn't. Nothing Lisanna did(which is next to nothing had a lasting impression) the relationship with Natsu was barely touched on so I didn't see the point. Bringing her back was a waste. Hiro shouldn't cater to the fans. Now she's back and it solves nothing. Because Hiro doesn't know what to do. He should've kept her dead and have Mira keep building her relationship with Yukino and vice versa

Could not agree more
Jul 27, 2015 9:24 AM

May 2015
Darklight0303 said:
TheGrandSage23 said:

Could not agree more

Could not agree less.

You do realize this is just hiro focusing on Lucy the worst character (well from this last chapter she got slightly better)becuase he wants to and made her the female mc. That's why I know it's gonna be NaLu and knew from the start but if you ask me the better character would be lisinna and she has so much potential just like everyone else on B team and basically everyone not in team natsu. I get they r main and should be focused on, but you don't have to do so little with everyone else. We know minimum about Laxus, but it was good enough. We know next to nothing about the stratus siblings and Mira is very powerful and a great character. We hardly know anything about gildirts besides he was a playboy and still is. We know 0 about levy and all we know about her really is her name. I'm just saying that you can't bring in plot/character development/character growth and character information because really the only characters that get some are those one team (some other characters get some but not that much) Natsu and I wish that hiro would at least start giving more non team natsu characters some too.
Jul 27, 2015 1:24 PM
May 2015
I like Lucy's progression. She was somewhat peppy and cheerleaderish in part 1. She had a bunch of bad moment in part 2 that got her down. She even was sad when Minerva beat her because she felt useless. Her big moment in Tartarus when nobody could save her and she made that sacrifice really taught her some stuff. Now we see how she is toughing up.

I will hate Hiro if he does something stupid again like he did with the hax powers of Mary and Marin Hollow. Mary ruined Lucy's taurus star dress which was badass because she needed help from Wendy to negate it. I mean she was causing earthquakes and she had super strength in that Taurus punch. Then Lucy and Erza got capture by MH, but did anyone complain about Erza, no, everyone was like. look. Lucy got captured. again. So next week if Lucy has to be saved or if she uses Scorpio and it ends up backfiring because the stupid mo can control sand better than her, I'm going to go psycho. especially because Lucy's Aquarius moment is about to get animated and she doesn't need more hate going into that. It would be really cool if she was kicking ass in the anime and manga at the same time.

CrescentgenisiJul 27, 2015 1:39 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 291 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VK11 - Jul 12, 2012

201 by aoo-kun »»
May 4, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 287 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zhou - Jun 15, 2012

96 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 285 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IchiroEX - Jun 1, 2012

84 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 284 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dancu - May 25, 2012

163 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 5:37 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aoo-kun »»
Apr 25, 6:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.