Jun 20, 2015 8:01 PM

Jul 2012
yes, a few ...some with different taste but we don't usually talk about anime
Jun 20, 2015 8:55 PM

Jul 2011
yes
Jul 3, 2015 10:37 AM

Jun 2015
What's a "friend" and where can I get one?

JK, I have one friend that watches quite a bit of animes, and a few others that are casuals and watches just a few ones.

Edit: I have way more gaming friends IRL than anime ones. Can't blame them.
JpsKojiJul 3, 2015 10:40 AM
Jul 3, 2015 10:40 AM

Aug 2014
Yea and I have got him to read the stay night VN!

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 4, 2015 5:08 AM

May 2015
yup
Jul 4, 2015 5:45 AM

Mar 2014
nope not a single one
Jul 4, 2015 5:56 AM
Feb 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
NudeBear said:

You're watching cartoons, not fucking your sister. It's not a big deal. It really isn't. Why do so many of you people act like there's some huge social stigma surrounding anime? There isn't. IRL people in general don't give a shit, it's just you guys.

OP: If you want to talk to IRL people about anime and shit then get anime friends. Join anime clubs, go to conventions, meet with MAL peeps (or any other online friends) IRL, etc. Make an effort to find friends who share the same interests as you do. Now don't get me wrong, it's not like i'm telling you to ditch your current friends, just get more of them. There's nothing wrong with having a large pool of social acquaintances.

Forget/ignore the whole stupid "but hur dur IRL anime fans are all losers" bullshit that so many people here like to talk about. It's bullshit. Talk to people, make friends with the ones you enjoy talking to. End of story.

These people are the real losers. Isn't picking on 'nerds' or 'weirdos' no longer in fashion? I haven't seen it since junior high. The military is a pain and all, but even here we don't have it.

Besides, gamers are worse. I prefer anime fans to gamers.

I consider Filthy Frank nerdier than anime in all honesty.
Jul 4, 2015 6:44 AM

Jul 2014
I have a handful that watch anime but they are into majority rom/com slice of life which i hate so theres not really much i have in common with them besides code geass and a few other hyped shounen shows these past few years.
Jul 4, 2015 7:10 AM

Apr 2014
I do! And I really hope I can make more friends who loves anime hehehe. (I dont like to label them otaku or weeaboo or whateverboo. Anime fan should be enough)
The most happiest part is that my bf also loves anime. :3
Signature of three years-or-so was removed

here's my new one

Thank you and have a nice day, everyone.
Jul 4, 2015 9:55 AM

May 2015
TheBasedNico said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

These people are the real losers. Isn't picking on 'nerds' or 'weirdos' no longer in fashion? I haven't seen it since junior high. The military is a pain and all, but even here we don't have it.

I consider Filthy Frank nerdier than anime in all honesty.

I had much less productive discussions with gamers. The way they all got offended by Anita Sarkeesian makes me laugh.

How DARE you analyze our hobby! Just shut up and kill people! Video games can't do more than that!
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jul 4, 2015 10:03 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Of course,
watching anime together is more fun, especially when I'm watching anime that I and my friends adore

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jul 4, 2015 11:36 AM

Jul 2014
I have a few since i went to college but our tastes are wildly different, so we end up rarely talking about it and they are more into manga than anime for some reason.
Jul 4, 2015 11:50 AM
Apr 2013
almost everyone watched anime, but not that many titles
Jul 4, 2015 12:05 PM
Aug 2012
Most, if not all of them, and some more than others - a handful of them even watch seasonal stuff which is quite amazing. It´s great.
You should definitely check out this blog where I bitch about Chinese Cartoons:

http://animenichijou.com/.
Jul 4, 2015 12:39 PM

Aug 2014
Yes, the majority of my friends are anime fans
Jul 4, 2015 12:46 PM

Jul 2015
I have few frends and that's it

Jul 4, 2015 12:48 PM

Apr 2013
I have quite a number of friends who do watch anime, but the only times we've watched anime together was during sleepovers, and that was years ago. I do have the one friend, however, where occasionally we'll stream an anime on YouTube to watch together, so there's that.

But it's mostly me and my brothers these days.
Jul 4, 2015 12:51 PM

Oct 2014
Protaku94 said:
I do, and if by chance they don't, I try to convert them to weeaboism
Jul 4, 2015 1:06 PM

Jan 2014
Yes but only three. I don't talk to them about anime much, however. One of them could probably count the amount of anime they've watched on one hands. So, infact, let's rule that one out. That leaves two people. One of the two people watches anime but their interest is lacking. We never really talk about it. Conversations engage like so:

Me: "Have you watched the latest episode of [Insert Anime]?"

Them: "Yeah! It was awesome!/or/ "No I'm still a few episodes behind"

Me: "Did you see that part where [Insert part] /or/ "Ah, I see. You should catch up"

Them: Yeah, that part was really good. And the part where... /or/ *Conversation has ended*

Me: *Talk about a few more parts* /or/ *Conversation has ended*

Them: *Conversation ends* /or/ *Conversation has ended*

The conversations about anime don't last long with this one, as you can imagine. Next is the other person who actually does watch anime but I don't know how much. They recommend Attack On Titan to me and shows such as Assassination Classroom. They also read quite a bit of manga. When we talk about anime which we've both watched, we talk about them quite a bit. So all in, I have one friend who I can truly talk about anime with.

The fact that there aren't that many who I can talk to about anime to an extent which I can when I talk to friend #3 is not something that bothers me either. About two years ago, there was one of these badges on the floor that looked like this/ had a similar art style:

I personally wasn't a big fan of the art style on the badge, it just wasn't my thing. I didn't dislike the badge nor did I like it. I still feel the same way. Anyway, I was sat next this girl who happened to be, in the opinion of many as well, the prettiest girl and one of the kindest in the year. (grade etc.) Usually, the prettier they (think they) are, the more cynical and pretentious they become. So, back to the story, the badge came to our attention and we were just talking about it and then I asked exactly this. "Do you watch anime?". She then replied with something like (sorry I can't remember exactly what she said) "No, I thought that anime was something that/for emos watched?" Now, she didn't have any ulterior meaning behind saying this, she also wasn't the type of person who would put someone down for what they like. This came out in a generally curious and restrained manor, perhaps aware that she could possibly offend (she didn't know I watched anime at that time however). I replied with exactly this "It depends on what you watch." I was not offended in the slightest. Stupid thing for her to say, well, of course.

I don't exactly talk to random people about anime. Unlike the girl I was talking about above, other people that in my year tended to be hellishly judgmental about things very minute, never mind anime. As a result, I keep myself to myself. If someone instigates a conversation then I'll join in (this never happened though). Except for the odd Dragon Ball Z conversations where I rained hell on people. Everyone had at least heard of it. One person said that Wolverine could beat Goku.
My face when he said Wolverine could beat Goku.

Anyway, hopefully college will be better. During an induction day, I was sat on this table with a girl who was wearing an Attack On Titan hoodie! She also said that she likes watching anime and drawing manga.

I personally don't think many people care whether you watch anime. As long as you don't act like a dick about it and don't make yourself stand out as individual craving attention because they like anime. Even with this knowledge, I'm not going to go to someone and start a conversation about anime. I'll just throw in the casual "Have you heard of dragon ball z?" or "Have you seen Attack On Titan" since those seem to be pretty well known.

Jul 4, 2015 1:08 PM

Nov 2014
All of my IRL friends watch anime too... If they didn't we'd probably never have become friends. Which is why obviously I don't have any real close friends except my parents..
Jul 4, 2015 1:11 PM

Jan 2014
Infact, no! I plan on improving my drawing skills and perhaps trying animating in the future. Not specifically because of anime but because I like the idea of being to draw whatever I can imagine. However, if someone, one day, asks me the typical "how can you draw so well?" To which the answer would clearly be practice, I would say I watch a lot of anime and practice drawing a lot.

I don't care about what they think.

Jul 4, 2015 1:20 PM

Aug 2014
no and all of my irl friends do know i do but we just fuck around
Jul 4, 2015 2:03 PM

Mar 2013
TheBrainintheJar said:
NudeBear said:

You're watching cartoons, not fucking your sister. It's not a big deal. It really isn't. Why do so many of you people act like there's some huge social stigma surrounding anime? There isn't. IRL people in general don't give a shit, it's just you guys.

OP: If you want to talk to IRL people about anime and shit then get anime friends. Join anime clubs, go to conventions, meet with MAL peeps (or any other online friends) IRL, etc. Make an effort to find friends who share the same interests as you do. Now don't get me wrong, it's not like i'm telling you to ditch your current friends, just get more of them. There's nothing wrong with having a large pool of social acquaintances.

Forget/ignore the whole stupid "but hur dur IRL anime fans are all losers" bullshit that so many people here like to talk about. It's bullshit. Talk to people, make friends with the ones you enjoy talking to. End of story.

True to that.
Jul 4, 2015 2:32 PM
Mar 2014
I used to watch it alone, but then I started slowly dragging my friends down into the endless hole of anime along with me. They never knew what hit 'em >:}

Haha, really though, I try to recommend the good ones to them to get them wrapped in with and then make them an MAL account and set them up with stuff I think they'll like. It's my goal to get as many people sucked in as possible! :D
Jul 9, 2015 9:28 AM

Feb 2015
Plenty
Jul 9, 2015 9:34 AM

Jun 2015
My friends got me into anime.
Jul 9, 2015 9:39 AM

Jul 2015
HEYEHYEHY

I have known these 2 kids since kindergarden and last year some big ass guy was making fun of me cause it. Then my Popular friend named Adam watched anime for me and told Nolan9Bully) to stfu sinec he watches it to. Ever since Nolan never mentioned it.

Now we are in highschool and Adam is big shot mother fucker. Im pretty sure we dont know eachother anymore ;D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2015 3:40 PM

Dec 2013
Very few. I'm probably the one who watches the most anime out of all of them.
Jul 9, 2015 3:48 PM
Jul 2014
Yes. 2 have moved away, and I only talk to one occasionally. I talk to another one Skype quite often and i don't talk much to the other anymore. (4 in total)
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Ever stopped watching an anime bc you like it so much ?

Yonahim_Zz - May 8

47 by Yonahim_Zz »»
2 minutes ago

» anime character you like but wouldn't invite to your birthday party / wedding?

lifesaver64 - 4 hours ago

9 by Akenjah »»
9 minutes ago

» If there a Cute Guys doing cute thing would you watch it?

RedTea33 - May 9

35 by iwasaloneforever »»
11 minutes ago

» Your favorite furry anime character?

Ex-Aid - 9 hours ago

19 by eblf2013 »»
11 minutes ago

» Is the concept of a villain stupid?

Anjuro - 1 hour ago

9 by Anjuro »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.