Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
How do you feel about the ending of this Anime?
May 25, 2015 12:10 PM
Apr 2015
*Mayor spoilers*
After watching the 16 episode when nagisa dies i've been feeling very bad, when he abandoned Ushio with her grandparents for 5 years meanwhile he's just drinking, smoking and doing shit with his life WORSE than his father, i just felt too bad.
When he recovers and takes her daughter back, i was a little happy but the damage was already done. And finally when Ushio gets sick and dies i just felt completly destroyed. I continued watching the Anime and then it has a "happy ending".

After reading about the ending, the orbs and the other world, the ending made sense but i dont know. I still feel like sh*it, i feel sad. So thats my reason for asking this in the forums.

I dont think i can be happy knowing Nagisa died, he proceeds to abandon Ushio, then Ushio died and He dies after that?

Extra stuff i think...
I would had preffered somthing like Nagisa died but he is strong enough to take care of his daughter and maybe he marry someone else in the future.
cluiMay 25, 2015 1:21 PM
May 25, 2015 1:02 PM

Jan 2014
I really didn't like After Story's ending, but I did think it was overall pretty happy. I played Clannad as a visual novel first, so I kind of just accepted to whole "reset button" ending, but as an anime, I thought it was a pretty weak conclusion.

Like you said, in the VN you earn a bunch of lights as a reward for doing everybody's story routes. If you don't get all the ones in After Story, you get the bad ending (thus the one where Ushio and Tomoya die), but if you manage to collect all of them you get the happy resolution. So it makes sense gameplay wise and it's a pretty satisfying conclusion for all the work you have to do to get there. However, when you don't have to earn the best earning and you're just watching it as a show...it just comes across as lazy writing.

From the standpoint of the anime, I do think it would have been a better ending if it just ended up with Tomoya being able to move after he takes Ushio in. Much more realistic, and still emotional without throwing sadness in your face.

As for considering the ending to be happy or sad...I would say it's pretty happy? Technically I think the world where Tomoya and Ushio dies still exists (?) but I can't really see it as sad if they're together as a happy family and Ushio never gets sick.
May 25, 2015 1:21 PM
Apr 2015
berrypeachy said:
I really didn't like After Story's ending, but I did think it was overall pretty happy. ...

As for considering the ending to be happy or sad...I would say it's pretty happy? Technically I think the world where Tomoya and Ushio dies still exists (?) but I can't really see it as sad if they're together as a happy family and Ushio never gets sick.

I now realize that the VN makes a diferent experience, and I also agree it is pretty happy ending, i mean nobody dies he lives with his wife and daughter a normal life.

But i don't feel happy, i still feel sad they both died in one timeline (route) when he had done so many good things in the whole story.

So I want to know if its just me the one who doesnt feel happy. I know the has a happy ending but were you happy after it ended?
cluiMay 25, 2015 1:28 PM
May 25, 2015 1:30 PM
Mar 2013
it was perfect, like the rest of the anime.

More topics from this board

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.