Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 9, 2015 4:42 AM
Jan 2015
I'm trying to get my friend into anime and he LOVES tanks so I thought it would be a good starting point. It needs to be EXTREMELY accurate (or he will rage) but I have little-to-no knowledge about tanks so I have no idea whether things are accurate or not. Preferably with no fan service and dubbed (and obviously interesting). Could you recommend some?

TL;DR: Need good, accurate tank anime. No fanservice. Dubbed.
May 9, 2015 4:43 AM

Nov 2012
girls und panzer
May 9, 2015 4:44 AM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
i only know about Girls und Panzer. It has a dub and no fan service, but not very realistic
May 9, 2015 4:46 AM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
Cannonball7171 said:
yhfxirai said:
i only know about Girls und Panzer but it's not very realistic

You sure? From what I've seen the tanks and their details their are kind of realistic.

Except of course, like the entire school being on a boat and them not dying or getting hurt or something

yes but the tank battles are very unrealistic
May 9, 2015 4:47 AM

Mar 2015
Girls Und Panzer, not an expert on the subject, but the people over at WOT forums seem to give the show credit for the accuracy of the tank models
May 9, 2015 4:48 AM
Jan 2015
Cannonball7171 said:
yhfxirai said:
i only know about Girls und Panzer but it's not very realistic

You sure? From what I've seen the tanks and their details their are kind of realistic.

Except of course, like the entire school being on a boat and them not dying or getting hurt or something

I have heard of Girls und Panzer and he was affronted by the 'lack of accuracy with the tanks' (seems pretty accurate to me) and the lack of variety with the tanks (within each boat thing)
May 9, 2015 4:57 AM
Apr 2013
Girls und panzer is the only tank-centric anime as far as I know. The tanks themselves are as realistic as you can get. However, the battles involving those tanks are not.

Your other option will be Valkyria Chronicles but it is fantasy and not as realistic.
May 9, 2015 11:18 AM

May 2012
How about this one from Sisters of Wellber? It appears around the 2:50 mark.

I stopped watching this show soon thereafter, I'm afraid.
Jun 22, 2017 3:26 PM
Jun 2017
never follow wot they only do good tank models for looks its a hit point based system tank shouldn't lose hp if they get there driver gunner loader or commander knocked out they lose a person in that vehicle making it impossible to either move fire or reload as efficiently as before the world isn't a dps based game that's garbage i should inform you that wot has better advertising and marketing but war thunder does in better they have planes and tanks in game and they have real damage a and x ray models that tell you where the ammo and where the tank crew are its dumb that a Sherman can go up against a tiger I or II and not get oneshoted it takes two hits to kill a Sherman in wot when in WT if you hit a Sherman a non AP shell (because AP shells will hull break the tank going in one side and going out the other) it will burn the crew alive save your fiend the misery of hearing the foul and unrealistic name of wot because its not worth your time and Ive played it its based only on points and it is a point and click no skill or knowledge of the enemy its just who every has the bigger gun and who has better armor
Jan 14, 2018 11:47 PM
Jan 2018
Those who hunt elves
Jan 15, 2018 3:33 AM
Jul 2014
@Kofi_Amoa @bluesub6 You both realize this was asked in 2015, right?
Jan 15, 2018 6:02 PM
Jan 2018
@Dante Doesn't mean someone else looking for a tank anime won't find it useful.
May 13, 2018 1:04 PM
May 2018
Whoa. Well, I guess it's not the 90's anymore?

Dominion Tank Police? Look it up...
Feb 3, 2019 3:02 AM
Feb 2019
Kofi_Amoa said:
never follow wot they only do good tank models for looks its a hit point based system tank shouldn't lose hp if they get there driver gunner loader or commander knocked out they lose a person in that vehicle making it impossible to either move fire or reload as efficiently as before the world isn't a dps based game that's garbage i should inform you that wot has better advertising and marketing but war thunder does in better they have planes and tanks in game and they have real damage a and x ray models that tell you where the ammo and where the tank crew are its dumb that a Sherman can go up against a tiger I or II and not get oneshoted it takes two hits to kill a Sherman in wot when in WT if you hit a Sherman a non AP shell (because AP shells will hull break the tank going in one side and going out the other) it will burn the crew alive save your fiend the misery of hearing the foul and unrealistic name of wot because its not worth your time and Ive played it its based only on points and it is a point and click no skill or knowledge of the enemy its just who every has the bigger gun and who has better armor
Hey I'm dude please don't criticise man we all have different opinions but think before you speak. I know you hate it and all but it's not that bad once you get to know world of tanks

More topics from this board

» Any anime with a despicable/contemptible villain?

Gfralp - 4 hours ago

3 by Spunkert »»
1 hour ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

21 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
2 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Apr 24

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
2 hours ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

7 by Tsuyatoash »»
3 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.