16.4%
Mahou Tsukai Precure
3.3%
Kirakira Precure A La Mode
0.0%
61 votes
Apr 30, 2015 1:17 AM

Nov 2009
I started watching pretty cure when Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! was airing. Pretty cure tends to get repetitive with its villain of the week, predictable plots and recycling ideas each season. But I still watch it, why? I just can’t hate the colorful transformations, lighthearted plot and energetic characters.

Here is my personal list not including second seasons and judged on, character design, music, overall enjoyment, fresh plot ideas and so on. The years that passed will unfortunately influence my memory but here we go:

1. Heartcatch Precure! “ Character Design, Items, Music, the weakest pretty cure ever “
  2. Yes! Precure 5 “ Bigger group, Lead Cure, Mascots, Romance “
  3. Futari wa Precure “ Original, Simpel Design, Comedy
  4. Fresh Precure “ Modern, Villains, Dance “
  5. Smile Precure “ Similar to Yes! Precure 5, Character Design, Cute “
  6. Futari wa Precure: Splash Star “ Similar to Futari wa Precure, Second Transformation “
  7. Suite Precure “ Similar to Fresh Precure, Music, Character Design, Hearts in sync “
  8. Happiness Charge Precure! “ Nothing stands out for me, the international cures felt forced “
  9. DokiDoki Precure “ Dislike the characters and their design “

Go! Princess Precure will be added when it is finished airing.
LobkeSep 13, 2020 12:02 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 3, 2015 9:31 PM
Jun 2012
I hate to vote for Go! Princess Precure, but I've only watched Futari wa Precure and Max Heart, and those season weren't that good in my opinion
May 4, 2015 4:35 PM
Aug 2010
sailorcarson said:
I hate to vote for Go! Princess Precure, but I've only watched Futari wa Precure and Max Heart, and those season weren't that good in my opinion
All the other ones that have received votes thus far are actually really good, though generally for very different reasons (just how Precure goes). I was very pleasantly surprised to see the love for Splash☆Star; didn't even vote for it myself, but I love what that season did to the original formula, plus those last couple episodes were spectacular (and ate the whole show's budget, heh).

Still need to finish off Happiness Charge (super fanservice Precure) before starting Princess. I really hope the writers of Princess Precure have learned something post-DokiDoki and can actually do things better this time, but it's hard to be optimistic...
dummyacct7May 4, 2015 4:44 PM
May 15, 2015 8:04 AM

Aug 2011
Let's see... Out of the three i've finished (Heartcatch first, Suite second, Fresh third), Fresh is easily my favorite, even if it's mainly because of Setsuna. (Of course, it having more creative monsters than the other series impressed me a little, too). Beyond Princess, though, I don't know if i'll be watching any of the other series... None of the others seem to have the same sort of draw factor for me.
May 29, 2015 2:56 AM
Aug 2010
Lobke said:
Here is my personal list not including second seasons and judged on... music...

Just want to chime in with thanks to Takanashi Yasuharu for delivering the soundtracks for Fresh through Smile; absolutely love the work he did for the Precure franchise. I get the impression that he really understood the sort of energy and general positivity that Precure emits, and his soundtracks made sure to accentuate it. Heartcatch and Smile were the first two seasons I watched, and man, I remember getting crazy hype the first time I heard, "Let's Go! Smile Precure! ~Cure Metal Instrumental~" (yes, that's the track's name). Whether the soundtrack called for something gentle or something intense, something goofy or something exciting, Takanashi just nailed it. 'Course, times are a-changin' and the torch has been passed on, but I'll always miss what he brought to the series.

So yeah, Fresh through Smile best soundtracks.
Aug 29, 2015 9:12 AM

Jul 2010
When Heartcatch first came out, I was VERY under the misconception that all shows for girls were automatically bad. But then one of my favorite internet bloggers was praising it up the wazoo. Curious, I watched it, and I was amazed at how good it was. It was everything I wanted in a good show. Even though it has its flaws and haven't seen it in years, I still hold it in high regard. I did try watching Futari wa years before, but I didn't complete anime back then, plus Mepple's voice grated on my ears. But my favorite seasons as of now are...

1. Heartcatch
2. Splash Star
3. Suite
4. Go Princess
Oct 23, 2018 4:15 AM
Jun 2015
Had to vote for Go! Princess Precure. It had very good fights, characters, Yui(!), storyline(!) and villains.
Otherwise Splash Star was a pleasure to watch but Mai's and Saki's friendship wasn't that well developed.
Else HeartCatch and Fresh Precure were very good seasons!
Jan 18, 2019 8:29 PM

Apr 2009
Hugtto is by far my most fave season right now. but if I had to choose, I'll go top 3.

1. Go! Princess Precure
2. Heartcatch Precure!
3. Futari wa Precure- Futari wa Precure: Max Heart

Star Twinkle Precure is now an honorable mention, since it's still new.
starwarriorrobbyApr 29, 2019 4:06 AM
Mar 9, 2019 3:39 AM

Oct 2007
Voted for Mahoutsukai. As I must support Yui-Horie sama. >__<

My other favorites are hugtto, smile, dokidoki, and futari wa.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: Poll: » 5. Who is your Favorite Cure? [Happiness - Princess Edition]

Lobke - May 8, 2023

4 by Eiko_Carol »»
May 9, 2023 7:29 AM

Sticky: Poll: » 4. Who is your Favorite Cure? [Smile - Dokidoki Edition]

Lobke - Apr 25, 2023

5 by Namu12 »»
Apr 25, 2023 12:06 PM

Sticky: Poll: » 3. Who is your Favorite Cure? [Heartcatch - Suite Edition]

Lobke - Apr 17, 2023

4 by Eiko_Carol »»
Apr 17, 2023 11:31 PM

Sticky: Poll: » 2. Who is your Favorite Cure? [Yes! GoGo! - Fresh Edition]

Lobke - Apr 9, 2023

7 by Purple_Gh0st24 »»
Apr 10, 2023 5:32 PM

Sticky: Poll: » 1. Who is your Favorite Cure? [Max Heart - Splash Star Edition]

Lobke - Apr 1, 2023

7 by MoonBunny9297 »»
Apr 9, 2023 8:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.