Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 27, 2015 5:53 PM

Jul 2012
So, this is like the genderswapped version of Kantai Collection (Kancolle). Bishounen swords.

I started playing it on the 24th and I'm on world 5 now. Tsurumaru is my favourite, mostly because he's the first thing I smithed.

Does anyone play? Discuss.

Join the club:
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=67257
MayukaMay 18, 2016 11:46 PM
Apr 27, 2015 7:18 PM

Jan 2013
didn't feel like figuring out how to get around their gaijinblocker to start playing it. Despite it being a bunch of guys, the fan art is insanely cool and I like the idea of collecting swords more than ships...plus Nitroplus...
Apr 27, 2015 7:20 PM

Jul 2012
Syrup- said:
didn't feel like figuring out how to get around their gaijinblocker to start playing it. Despite it being a bunch of guys, the fan art is insanely cool and I like the idea of collecting swords more than ships...plus Nitroplus...

What's a gaijinblocker? You mean a VPN? The steps are really easy. :P
Apr 27, 2015 7:29 PM

Jan 2013
mayukachan said:
Syrup- said:

What's a gaijinblocker? You mean a VPN? The steps are really easy. :P
I might some time soon. I've been kinda waiting for people to get into it before I jump in. It's boring playing these kinds of games without friends lol
Apr 27, 2015 8:53 PM
Jan 2015
Syrup- said:
+1 Gaijinblockers are annoying
Apr 27, 2015 10:18 PM

Jul 2012
Guys, you literally have to copy paste a few lines of code into Chrome and it can allow your IP address to pass onto the Dmm.com site. Not that hard.
Apr 28, 2015 4:55 PM
Jan 2015
I just don't get it.

I can get the same fujoshi experience playing Shipping Wars: Awakening and Male-on-male fighter 4. What makes a Yu-Gi-Oh ripoff any better?
Apr 28, 2015 5:03 PM

Jul 2012
BlueScarf said:
I just don't get it.

I can get the same fujoshi experience playing Shipping Wars: Awakening and Male-on-male fighter 4. What makes a Yu-Gi-Oh ripoff any better?
I don't play it for the bishounen. At first I was gonna play this because of the voice acting but then I started to get into the game mechanics and strategical play.

Also, I'm not a fujoshi.

Also, I've played yugioh before and they're completely different. I think Touken is like Pokemon.
Apr 28, 2015 5:16 PM

Jun 2011
BlueScarf said:
I just don't get it.

I don't get the popularity of Kancolle either.
Apr 28, 2015 5:35 PM

Apr 2012
I was thinking of getting into Touken Ranbu, though the gameplay doesn't seem that interesting tbh.
Apr 29, 2015 2:00 AM

Jul 2012
quukii said:
I was thinking of getting into Touken Ranbu, though the gameplay doesn't seem that interesting tbh.

What do you think the gameplay is? I had a misconception of it too.
Apr 29, 2015 9:11 AM

Apr 2012
mayukachan said:
quukii said:

Based on my knowledge the battles seem to be automated, which doesn't sound very fun.
Apr 29, 2015 12:38 PM

Jul 2012
quukii said:
mayukachan said:

Based on my knowledge the battles seem to be automated, which doesn't sound very fun.

You can mix and match different types of swords for strategic play. And also giving them specific stats by equipping armor and other things. I find it much more complicated than Pokemon which gives you the option of choosing who attacks what and at what time. Random makes it much harder.
Apr 29, 2015 1:58 PM

Sep 2012
After seeing this thread, I decided to try it out. I've got a few hours under my belt thus far and I can tell some things:

-The gaijin blocker isn't remotely as bad as in other online games. You're pretty much two-clicks away to set your computer and you're golden.

-Just like that Taimanin card game from DMM, it's mechanics are quite addicting and fortunately the P2W (actually Pay-to-Play in the former) aspect is not as heavy in this game. You gonna have to grind a bit though.

-The amount of swords is kinda low (44).

-The battles themselves are, to be honest, pretty shitty and feel like a huge stepdown compared to Sengoku Gensokyo (game with similar battle system). In Touken Ranbu, you just choose your units and their troops/horse/item in the screens before the fight and then they automatically fight the opponent, with you having no choice but to sit down and wait until is over. In SG, as well as the equipment, you can select your unit's placement (since keeping/shortening your distance is important in this game because you have melee/range units with different skills) and your actions have great importance, since the more a unit receives damage, the less it deals in return, so you actually have to plan ahead when you see whose turn is next.

Overall, the game seems like a decent timesink if you're into those games, but I don't see myself playing more than a week (if that) due to the repetitive nature of it.
May 31, 2015 7:24 PM

Jul 2012
@SH4kun
1. yeah the gaijin blocker was easy to get by
2. it gets boring after like.. 1 month. i'm at the point where i'm too weak to beat the next map (6-1) so now im just smithing stuff all day in hopes of jiji coming home
3. i like the battles since i hate action/battle games usually and how much time they take up lol. it's easy to control your team btw. the horses can control which order and other stuff is just probability

i think what attracts me to this game so much is the community and the swords i dont have yet.
Jul 29, 2015 12:25 AM

Feb 2014
Started this game a few months ago and got back into playing more recently, just finished 5-3 and I'm enjoying this much more than I expected. Although like with KanColle I'm enjoying reading about the random bits of history/sword esoterica on wiki afterwards more than the actual game, but learning new things is always fun.

Now I have so much unnecessary knowledge about both swords and ships.
May 18, 2016 6:17 PM

May 2016
quukii said:

I happen to find that it's oddly addicting and somewhat... calming. XD
May 18, 2016 10:12 PM

May 2016
I haven't played in ages, but I enjoy it. I finally got the app, but 夢100 has been taking all my idle time lol
May 18, 2016 11:46 PM

Jul 2012
0schneewittchen0 said:
I haven't played in ages, but I enjoy it. I finally got the app, but 夢100 has been taking all my idle time lol
how is that game? xD i've heard good things! lots of seiyuu.
May 19, 2016 7:45 AM

May 2016
@Mayuka I love it! It's just so addictive & satisfying... It's really hard to put down during an event (≧∇≦)

More topics from this board

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

523 by lcee_15 »»
1 hour ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
3 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
Yesterday, 9:54 PM

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.