Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 20, 2015 3:25 PM

Mar 2015
Holy crap is this even possible???!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

I would love your feedback on this "pen spinning" video i stumble across on youtube.
Heck i learned this trick today. Was easier than i thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Thanks to the guy down there. i learned how to embed a video.
Pan-KoApr 21, 2015 3:31 PM
Apr 20, 2015 3:41 PM
May 2014
To embed a video it's [yt.]the text after the v= and then [/yt.] Without the periods.

Also I can basically do this with pencils, but that's some next level shit.
Apr 20, 2015 3:44 PM

Feb 2015
I'm was hyped when I see this things before.

But, I can't learn how to do it.
Apr 30, 2015 1:20 PM

Mar 2015
Oh bump this thread to the top please. I want more ppl to see this skill.

I was hyped about it. Once i learned 1 trick i kept trying. It takes over a week to get 1 trick down well.

Now im addicted to pen spinning
Apr 30, 2015 1:23 PM

Sep 2014
never understood the appeal
if anything, it looks stupid to me
Apr 30, 2015 1:26 PM

Mar 2015
Imaishi said:

wow that really hurt my feelings. U could have put it a bit nicer.
like "somehow it looks boring to me"
Well im a kid most kids are appealed to this kind of stuff
i understand adults not caring for contact juggling.
Apr 30, 2015 1:28 PM

Aug 2014
Imaishi said:

Maybe you're just butthurt you can't do it.

OT: I use to be able to do it back in middle school, though I have long forgotten the ways.
Apr 30, 2015 1:33 PM

Sep 2014
Consequent said:
Imaishi said:

Maybe you're just butthurt you can't do it.

I'm not butthurt. I simply don't understand what's so 'cool' about this kind of hobby - same with speedcubing or this whole cup stacking thing. I mean cool - I respect your skill/dexterity and I certainly could never do it, but I simply don't find the whole thing any exciting.
Apr 30, 2015 1:37 PM

Mar 2015
Actually i don't understand speedcubing or cup stacking as well @Imaishi
I know that for cubing you memorize the fastest way to do things and you try to get faster and faster.
In cupstacking its even way more less complicated. You just gotta be fast and practice alot

However in pen spinning theres hundreds upon hundreds of tricks and new linkages. Each year there's more tricks being invented and styles of pen spinning. I find it so cool to look at.
Apr 30, 2015 2:42 PM

Dec 2014
Is this an Asian thing... I don't get it.
Apr 30, 2015 2:43 PM

Sep 2014
Looks kinda cool, but the hobby in itself doesn't seem like a very intereting one.
May 1, 2015 3:53 AM

Dec 2011
As a old penspinner myself (i don't practice anymore but do it for fun when i'm bored) , i can tell it's like others hobbies , the more you will practice the more you will be good at. (no need to have asian finger)

However most of asian have more 'flexible finger' than Euro/USA so their style is kinda different. (here a example of what i can do : here )

There are several community board for each country/continent (USA/Spain/France/Japan and more , you can google "UPSB" for more information) , and that's the funny part of the things , like in every board , you can meet other people with the same hobby , plus to make some video together. (in my case , my motivation was more from the fact that my best friend also practice pen spinning so we learned together)

But if i would like to show how much PS is cool&fun i will suggest you to watch this video : FunSpinning
SetsunaMay 1, 2015 3:58 AM
Jun 10, 2015 6:13 PM

Mar 2015
Setsuna said:
As a old penspinner myself (i don't practice anymore but do it for fun when i'm bored) , i can tell it's like others hobbies , the more you will practice the more you will be good at. (no need to have asian finger)

However most of asian have more 'flexible finger' than Euro/USA so their style is kinda different. (here a example of what i can do : here )

There are several community board for each country/continent (USA/Spain/France/Japan and more , you can google "UPSB" for more information) , and that's the funny part of the things , like in every board , you can meet other people with the same hobby , plus to make some video together. (in my case , my motivation was more from the fact that my best friend also practice pen spinning so we learned together)

But if i would like to show how much PS is cool&fun i will suggest you to watch this video : FunSpinning

Wow Yukio im extremely impressed by your skills. although u didn't upload too much. and im asian but i have sucky fingers im not fat tho. its just that my pinky is 5 cm long. a bit hard to spin with. but i can over come it.

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7587 by SilentAssassin88 »»
3 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3387 by SilentAssassin88 »»
3 hours ago

» This is one the most gay music vids i have seen^^

tsukareru - 6 hours ago

0 by tsukareru »»
6 hours ago

» BEST WEEZER SONG???

removed-user - Jan 29

5 by Eternal_Rest »»
8 hours ago

» What sort of songs do you listen to ? ( 1 2 )

scarydragon - Aug 1, 2023

52 by Eternal_Rest »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.