Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 12, 2015 3:47 AM

Jan 2014
Hi everyone and welcome,

So, we got this club going since yesterday and the first four have accepted their invitations.

As should have been clear by now, this club's primary purpose is to rage about and/or flame on Slaine. Slaine, and by proxy the Aldnoah series, suffers from the Emperor's New Clothes syndrom that causes him to be such an irrational turd -even if the altered perspective of a madman is taken into consideration- that people automatically start to assume he's a well designed character. Often, they're simply afraid to admit that they're not getting the point either, because a certain phenomenon (in this case Slaine) is so retarded, they fear there must be something to it that everyone else is getting and they're missing.

As such Slaine, and this club, also have an exemplary role, raising awareness to this terrible affliction that haunts live action movies, anime, and other media alike. Everyone is therefore free and in fact encouraged to invite other victims.

Strength and courage,

Laionidas
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 15, 2015 2:13 AM

Apr 2008
Much obliged for the invitation. Tis good to have safe haven away from the hypocrites that worship that deluded mad dog. As tribute allow me to post these.

Mar 15, 2015 1:13 PM

Jan 2014
Hahaha,.. and welcome.

Love the top frame, they both really just look so clueless.

On a side note, a lot of anime seem to suffer from the "so deep" fanbase lately.
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 15, 2015 9:20 PM

Apr 2010
I'm still amazed with how many people keep defending Slaine, none of his reasons are justifiable.
Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day, you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.
Mar 17, 2015 5:41 AM

Jan 2014
Sapphirebreeze said:
I'm still amazed with how many people keep defending Slaine, none of his reasons are justifiable.

I think many people just liked the show's concept (which I admit, if executed properly, isn't bad). Combined with an addiction to drama, they'll just defend anything that's wrong with it.
- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 9, 2015 1:04 PM
Jan 2015
"Your tears are delicious"that thing made my day hahaha xD
Apr 9, 2015 5:02 PM

Jan 2015
Sapphirebreeze said:

He does the same thing Lelouch does to an extent.

The difference is Slaine does it without any semblance of charm, a shred of human compassion, finesse or anything at all right. He just fails at every possible step.

At least Lelouch sacrificed himself for the greater good when he realizes he fucks up. Slaine just goes Johan Liebert mode.
Apr 10, 2015 8:46 AM

Jan 2014
In retrospective, the 1st cour's finale was foreshadowing the series going completely down the drain during the 2nd. I actually intended to watch the 2nd, out of sheer curiosity, but after reading your guys'/girls' reviews, I can finally leave that behind me.

The sad thing is, nobody even bothered to genuinely warn for some quite major spoilers, and I myself did not feel bothered reading them. If spoilers do that little for the audience, that's quite an indication of how poor a show is.

Regarding Lelouch, it's not just charm or finesse, he also just has something between his ears other than feces. Lelouch's fuck ups were accidental, maybe at worst the result of his carelessness/arrogance. Slaine's fuck ups were predictable, the result of an illogical train of thought, and all in all pretty much a given.

- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 11, 2015 3:20 PM

Jul 2014
Slaine WAS NOT a bad character in the first season.
He was the only character with actual development in the whole series, but the writers turned him into a tyrant in season 2 for basically no reason at all. His intentions were never clear.
I'm not even sure why didn't he join the Earth people from the very beginning.
I guess the writers were looking for a bad guy and they thought only Slaine could fit in.
Apr 12, 2015 3:23 AM

Jan 2014
kawaiichickenman said:
Slaine WAS NOT a bad character in the first season.

Well he was for sure, in the S1 finale. For the rest of the season he didn't have any real development, we were all just waiting for his moment, and when it came, he failed.

If at the end of S1 he would have just shot Saazbaum properly, or rather not bashed through Saazy's brawl with Inaho in the first place, then rushed Ina and the princess to sick bay, he could have actually saved the series. And you know what, that would actually be the most normal, most logical, most natural and easiest thing to do, even for a tortured, traumatised, mentally challenged person.
- Mishima Hitomi
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.