Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 28, 2015 2:47 AM

Aug 2013
Hey Guys and Girls!

I've been rather busy the last few months and haven't been able to hang out with you...
Now here's the deal, I've completed my new album "I Can't Even Hear Your Voice These Days" and released it on Loudr.
iTunes and other stuff will follow.
However, I've uploaded it to my Dropbox folder for you to download it for free.

I don't know how long this link will be up, just hurry up and get it. ;o)

Please don't distribute the songs all over the place but a like and share on Facebook or my Youtube channel would be much appreciated!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4tpddaxp4tr47pb/AABcliTky-bYZXAVsqZXpZNOa?dl=0

Have an nice day!
Eric

Tracklist:

I Cant Even Hear Your Voice These Days

1 Spring - June - Sympathy
2 Spring - Haven't You Seen - Friendship
3 Summer - Your Hand On My Chest - Confession
4 Summer - Dreaming - Love
5 Fall - Goodbye - Truth
6 Fall - A Letter To You - Solitude
7 Winter - Cracked - Regrets
8 Winter - I Close My Eyes - Wish
9 Void - Void - Void

Edit: I'm sorry, something went wrong, this one should work:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4tpddaxp4tr47pb/AABcliTky-bYZXAVsqZXpZNOa?dl=0
TachiiFeb 2, 2015 6:15 PM
Jan 28, 2015 4:11 AM

Apr 2014
Your pages don't exist.
Jan 28, 2015 6:40 AM

Aug 2013
Hey!
Thanks for the notice, I screwed the links up.
It's fixed and working ;o)

Ps.: You don't have to login to download it, just close the Login-Window and there'll be a download
button on the top right corner.

Eric
Jan 28, 2015 6:53 AM

Dec 2014
What genre of music is it? I only ask because I'm not at my house at the moment so I can't check it out until then (I'll listen to anything though)
Jan 28, 2015 7:08 AM

Aug 2013
@Luna-Aria: Alternative Rock with a bit of Pop I guess, some songs may have a slight Metalness to them though... ;o)

@peachboy23: they're not that shit are they? ;o)
anyway, I'll take the compliment for my voice and the quality, thanks! ;)
Jan 28, 2015 7:57 AM

Aug 2013
I can't disagree with that... the lyrics are pretty much nothing but love poems that I wrote.
Allow me to thank you for your honest criticism!
I really appreciate the fact that you've listened to my songs to leave an opinion!
That said, I'll try to improve my writing skills ;o)
Jan 28, 2015 9:00 AM

Dec 2014
Ok I've given it a listen since I got home. Personally I wouldn't consider this alternative rock/pop apart from maybe "Void" which has a metal feel but I don't really listen to either genre so don't hold me to that.

As a J-core DJ I'm not sure if I can make any comments that will help you as it's not particularly my kind of music but here are just some general things I picked up whilst listening (some of this might be opinionated):

1. Pronunciation; your pronunciation needs to be less accented. It's not the biggest problem in the world but anything in English sounds much better when sang in Received Pronunciation (the stereotypical "standard" accent).

2. Lyrics; the lyrics themselves aren't too bad I don't think (contrary to peachboy) seeings as they fit the love theme of the album although I guess you could make them a little less corny, not sure if that would have a lot of impact imo

2.1. Lyric structure; I personally think you could make it sound better if you structured your lyrics a bit better. It's hard for me to give an example of this but I hope you know what I mean? :s

3. Drumming; probably the most opinionated of these, I think that some of the drumming in a few songs (notably "Cracked" & "Dreaming") could be improved a lot, though that's probably just me

4. Endings; a lot of your endings are pretty much identical to each other I felt.

In terms of specific songs, here's a few things I picked up on individual ones:
- A Letter To You: I felt the jump into the harder section was a bit random/abrupt]
- Dreaming: I personally felt a bit of the guitar melody was a bit odd, probably just me
- I Close My Eyes: The jump into the electric guitar felt a bit early, probably just me again

I liked your voice and most of your written melodies were nice although it's not my genre of music. Well done! :)
Jan 28, 2015 9:45 AM

Aug 2013
Thanks Luna-Aria!

Your input helps a lot!

Actually, I didn't even think about my accent.
I'm from Austria and we speak German, most of my English skills are from Britain though.
At least I don't sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger... ;o) but I will improve my pronounciation and overall English skills.

The endings and drums are something I've been working on for a long time now.
I tend to end songs with massive walls of feedback and play strange drum patterns...
If time and experience won't change things I'll just call it my own style ;o)

As for the genre, I don't really know how to define this album.
Alternative works somehow.
I could call it Indie-Emo-Experimental-Rock but that sounds just awful... ;)

Thanks again for your detailed and much appreciated post!
Jan 28, 2015 10:16 AM

Dec 2014
No problem :)

A lot of British people themselves have problems with accent. It usually just sounds a bit weird when people sing with their accent rather than RP since dialects are a bit different in each place.

Good luck & have fun making songs in the future; I'm sure you'll become great! There's nothing wrong with having your own style :p

More topics from this board

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
5 hours ago

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Yesterday, 6:15 AM

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - Apr 24

4 by Kinspie13 »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
Apr 24, 8:41 PM

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
Apr 24, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.