Forum Settings
Forums

Feeling School Rumble withdrawal symptoms, need something similar

New
Jan 27, 2015 9:36 PM

Aug 2010
Just finished watching school rumble and now i'm kinda confused what to watch because i REALLY liked the Harima and Eri pairing, the way they interacted and developed was so awesome and I went on to read School Rumble Z and glad they end up together.

Any other anime or manga that have a similar relationship to theirs? Person A originally liked someone, meets Person B on bad terms, but through misunderstandings and some good develpment Person B gets feelings for Person A and goes after Person A and they end up together?
Jan 27, 2015 10:15 PM

Nov 2012
Golden Time
Toradora
Jan 27, 2015 10:22 PM

Aug 2010
ObliviousSenpai said:
Golden Time
Toradora

Will check them both out. But i was wondering if you have anything that has manga as the original source so it would be easy to follow up on them afterwards?
Jan 27, 2015 10:23 PM

Aug 2009
Angel Densetsu

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 27, 2015 10:38 PM

Aug 2010
battosai-01 said:
Angel Densetsu

I will definitely check this out. Read the manga long time ago and was quite hilarious. I didn't know it had an anime, though i don't think the relationship is quite similar to Harima and Eri
Jan 28, 2015 4:08 AM
Nov 2010
If you love School Rumble, you'll love Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun :) Both are pure comedy gold.
Jan 28, 2015 8:35 AM
Jan 2014
ThRippJck said:
ObliviousSenpai said:
Golden Time
Toradora

Will check them both out. But i was wondering if you have anything that has manga as the original source so it would be easy to follow up on them afterwards?

Toradora is... popular... but personality I hated it. That ending...

but anyway... I would recommend Fruits Basket. maybe not exactly like School Rumble but its 3 seasons and an amazing, amazing show.
VirtusSignumJan 28, 2015 8:39 AM
Jan 28, 2015 8:39 AM
Jan 2015
Kajou wa Maid-sama
Jan 28, 2015 8:39 AM
Jan 2014
Male95 said:
Kajou wa Maid-sama

Also this. ^
Jan 28, 2015 9:38 AM

May 2012
You might like Nodame Cantabile.
Jan 28, 2015 9:47 AM

Dec 2014
I also had that and this anime's the reason I'm this addicted to anime.. I'm still broken between Yakumo and Eri to this day.. I also hoped that they made a clear ending for the manga, and very pissed about how they cancelled Season 3.

These are a few I've watched that's quite similar to SR (most of them lack the comedy value of SR and are mainly romance-based):
Golden Time
Kimikiss
White Album 2
True Tears
Jan 28, 2015 10:24 AM

Aug 2010
xYatagarasu said:
I also had that and this anime's the reason I'm this addicted to anime.. I'm still broken between Yakumo and Eri to this day.. I also hoped that they made a clear ending for the manga, and very pissed about how they cancelled Season 3.

These are a few I've watched that's quite similar to SR (most of them lack the comedy value of SR and are mainly romance-based):
Golden Time
Kimikiss
White Album 2
True Tears

Thank you very much, will start with golden time since many people are recomending it. I liked Yakumo too but felt she was a bit passive. I would not have had problems if he ended up with her instead of Eri though

VirtusSignum said:
ThRippJck said:

but anyway... I would recommend Fruits Basket. maybe not exactly like School Rumble but its 3 seasons and an amazing, amazing show.

Fruits Basket huh? I remember starting that anime, found it pretty good. Also the scene that pops into my mind when someone mentions Fruits Basket is when that guy was laughing at the girl for being homeless :( what an ass lol. Can't remember why I stopped but since it has 3 seasons I will give it a try once again

Male95 said:
Kajou wa Maid-sama

I've seen the first episode and it looks pretty good. Just a question though, does the anime end well?
Jan 28, 2015 3:35 PM
Nov 2010
ThRippJck said:
Male95 said:
Kajou wa Maid-sama

I've seen the first episode and it looks pretty good. Just a question though, does the anime end well?

It certainly did. The anime didn't cover the entire manga source material, though. If you want the whole story, continue with the manga after watching the anime.
Jan 30, 2015 9:40 PM

Aug 2010
VirtusSignum said:
ThRippJck said:

Hmm I checked Fruits Basket but it's not 3 seasons as you've said, were you thinking of a different anime?
Jan 31, 2015 6:20 AM

May 2012
ThRippJck said:
I liked Yakumo too but felt she was a bit passive.

Pretty much every character in School Rumble is an intentional stereotype. Yakumo is a "waifu" ("wife") character who'll be waiting for you with dinner when you come home from work, hence her more passive nature. Tenma is lucky to have her. (How those girls manage to maintain a house that is probably worth $1 million or more with no parents is one of life's great mysteries.)

Eri is, of course, the "ojou-sama" ("princess") character with her wealthy background. Her mixed blood lets her represent the blond Westerner character type as well (cf. Patty in Lucky*Star). The best ojou-sama I've seen of late is Kiriyuuin Satsuki in Kill la Kill, though it's a very different type of show than School Rumble.

More topics from this board

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

20 by windyshadow »»
1 hour ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - 8 hours ago

3 by vasipi4946 »»
1 hour ago

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

9 by AnimeDownUnder »»
4 hours ago

» Anime male character not abused by female characters

EleganteX - Aug 15, 2015

22 by thorin001 »»
5 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

6 by thorin001 »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.