Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 25, 2015 8:09 PM

Nov 2008
I am okay with spoilers so you can go ahead and tell me what you know but it has to be on the things I wanted to know xDD

Sooo yeah I haven't played the game but I am impressed with the anime so far. I have things I want to verify.

1. I noticed Mutsuki have same uniform as Kisaragi. Is that the reason why she said they are like sister type ships or whatever that term is? If so, what is/are the significance of the diversity of uniforms?

2. I am aware this show is based on naval history. Is it safe to assume that their enemies are like the Allies in history?

3. I don't know anything about ships. I would like to know what are the types of ships in the game/show. Listing characters with their appropriate type would be nice. I want to understand their roles.

4. Managing fleets is made by the choice of the admiral right? So the player can enlist a fleet they want?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 25, 2015 8:28 PM

Oct 2014
Haven't played the game but I can answer question 1. Certain ships are named after their classification and placed within a distinct group of established sister ships. In regards to Kisaragi she falls under the "Mutsuki" Class of Destroyers which means both Kisaragi and Mutsuki are ships of virtually identical designs and can be considered "Sister Ships."

Another example are Takao and Atago, both are sister ships under the "Takao" Class of Heavy Cruisers.

Next episode looks like it will feature the"Kongo" sisters which all four ships fall under the classification of "Kongo" Class Battleship (Kongo, Hiei, Kirishima and Haruna)

And someone posted a helpful link for question 3, which also helped me with this information :)

http://i.imgur.com/PvuSA6k.jpg
D3pthChargeJan 25, 2015 8:56 PM
Jan 25, 2015 10:44 PM
Apr 2008
DenjaX said:
I am okay with spoilers so you can go ahead and tell me what you know but it has to be on the things I wanted to know xDD

Sooo yeah I haven't played the game but I am impressed with the anime so far. I have things I want to verify.

1. I noticed Mutsuki have same uniform as Kisaragi. Is that the reason why she said they are like sister type ships or whatever that term is? If so, what is/are the significance of the diversity of uniforms?

2. I am aware this show is based on naval history. Is it safe to assume that their enemies are like the Allies in history?

3. I don't know anything about ships. I would like to know what are the types of ships in the game/show. Listing characters with their appropriate type would be nice. I want to understand their roles.

4. Managing fleets is made by the choice of the admiral right? So the player can enlist a fleet they want?

1. Yes, they're in the same class called Mutsuki-class http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutsuki-class_destroyer

2. Yes, to a certain extent. They do not specify which abyssal is which in-game, but judging from their armament, they surely was the allies' ship.

3. http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Ship_Class

4. Yes
Jan 25, 2015 10:49 PM
Jun 2009
1.For short, "Mutsuki" is the name of a ship class, and both Mutsuki and Kisaragi are the ships in that class. That's why they have the same uniform. Mutsuki was intended to be the name ship of her class, but since she was commissioned after Kisaragi (Mutsuki on March 25, 1926, Kisaragi on December 21, 1925), she is thought of as Kisaragi's younger sister.

2. You can say so.

3. Kancolle wiki has it all. There's a "ship by class" bar, you can find all information you want in there.

4.Yep. But not all ships are available right from the start. Either he has to research or find them by fighting against the enemies. Akagi herself is a....a....
Jan 26, 2015 5:41 PM

Nov 2008
Thanks for the responses guys. My next questions are more like in-game questions

So I read this Admiral is a shitty one. What's wrong with his management of fleet besides sending 4 battleships on expedition? (I dunno about expeditions but I think it's about gathering resources and stuff)

Also you can have many of the same ships in game? So losing Kisaragi in game is not worth your tears since you can get her back anyway? The repair bucket seems like a real money purchase in game. He seems rich so he probably won't cry losing Kisaragi since there are better ships out there. xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 26, 2015 7:58 PM

Nov 2012
DenjaX said:
Thanks for the responses guys. My next questions are more like in-game questions

So I read this Admiral is a shitty one. What's wrong with his management of fleet besides sending 4 battleships on expedition? (I dunno about expeditions but I think it's about gathering resources and stuff)

Also you can have many of the same ships in game? So losing Kisaragi in game is not worth your tears since you can get her back anyway? The repair bucket seems like a real money purchase in game. He seems rich so he probably won't cry losing Kisaragi since there are better ships out there. xDD

The point of expeditions in the game is to gather resources. Battleships are very costly to use. If you want to maximize resources gained, you would use ships that don't have high maintenance cost like destroyers.

Yes you can have multiple copies of a ship in the game. However, a ship lost is lost forever. If you have a high level Kisaragi and you lose her, that Kisaragi is forever gone, and you will have to obtain another Kisaragi. The loss is much more significant with rarer ships and those you like.

Repair buckets are luckily not a real money purchase item. They are in fact easy to acquire and stockpile on.
Jan 27, 2015 12:22 AM
Apr 2008
DenjaX said:

He's shit because he didn't put a single CV/CVL in his fleet for air superiority. This strategy is very crucial in the game since having air superiority enable you to do many other "OP" thing in battle. Also, support expedition in game require at least 2 DDs to work, yet they only show 4 Kongous BB in the anime.

If we're talking about "historical reference" then episode 3 was true in the sense that the IJN at that time didn't think highly of CV, which result in the loss of that Wake Island battle (And Kisaragi loss also). After that, IJN think more highly of CV/CVL and start bringing them to the next battle, eventually leading to Pearl Harbor
Jan 27, 2015 3:43 PM
Dec 2013
amoex said:
DenjaX said:

He's shit because he didn't put a single CV/CVL in his fleet for air superiority. This strategy is very crucial in the game since having air superiority enable you to do many other "OP" thing in battle. Also, support expedition in game require at least 2 DDs to work, yet they only show 4 Kongous BB in the anime.

If we're talking about "historical reference" then episode 3 was true in the sense that the IJN at that time didn't think highly of CV, which result in the loss of that Wake Island battle (And Kisaragi loss also). After that, IJN think more highly of CV/CVL and start bringing them to the next battle, eventually leading to Pearl Harbor

Actually, they did think highly of CVs. The Pearl Harbor raid was meant to coincide with the invasion of Wake Island. The CVs, Akagi, Kaga, Shokaku, Zuikaku, Soryu, and Hiryu were all enroute to Pearl Harbor, but Yamamoto ordered Soryu and Hiryu to detach from the Pearl Harbor raid to assist the Wake island invasion force.
Jan 27, 2015 7:43 PM

Dec 2007
amoex said:
DenjaX said:

It was more a case of underestimating the Wake Island garrison, which fought exceptionally well. At the time the Japanese operation began, the US had 12 F4F fighters and no carrier presence. The very first operation of the battle was a bomber raid against the airfield that destroyed most of the US combat aircraft - only the 4 aircraft on patrol at the time survived.
However, it was one of those planes, with a modest bomb load, that managed to hit Kisaragi's depth charge rack, sending her down with all hands. This happened shortly after one of the 5-inch coastal guns, which the Japanese had thought destroyed by air attack (guns had been moved, camouflaged, and replaced with dummies) caught the destroyer Hayate at very close range, sinking her with 2 magazine hits.
Because of that beating, the Japanese force withdrew.

An American relief force was recalled due to the presence of Japanese carriers. The Japanese then sent a second invasion with carrier support, which succeeded, and the Island was taken.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

115 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 5, 2023 2:20 AM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

130 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

119 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 2:02 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2015

168 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 1:44 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2015

261 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.