Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 2, 2015 8:41 PM

Aug 2013
So I just finished Tokyo Ravens, and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. So I'm looking for something like it.

What I liked about Tokyo Ravens:
-Male MC that wasn't useless
-Pseudo harem (in the sense that it wasn't the focus, but it was there)
-Harems are okay though.
-Action (slice of life tends to bore me)
-Female lead wasn't overly tsundere
-MC had servants/familiars/subordinates/whateveryouwanttocallit

I looked through the recs for Tokyo Ravens, and most of them I've seen or didn't interest me.

I don't mind recs from my plan to watch, but avoiding ones I've already seen would be great.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ErenxMikasa
ErenxMikasaJan 3, 2015 11:44 PM
Jan 2, 2015 9:23 PM

May 2014
Hello ErenxMisaka,
If you really loved Tokyo ravens, then you must be into Magic/Action/Romance genre. That's great!
Shakugan no Shana, an Male MC slowly becomes stronger, just like the MC of Tokyo Ravens at the start and then becoming a badass at the end. This is the show that spawned many clones, almost a defining show that spurred the development of many other action magic shwos. This is a quality Action/Magic adventure that has romance in it(more satisfying than Ravens, because it's a bit more complete). Also a pseudo Harem, and I forgot to mention, beware, there's a tsundere in there though O_o, but luckily the romance goes somewhere.

Hitman Reborn, also an action anime, an epic one at that, has subordinates and if you really want an anime where the MC has subordinates, this is for you. The action here is TOP NOTCH, but the story takes quite a little while to get running. A long adventure awaits if you decide to watch this. More on the action side than Shakugan no Shana.

To a lesser extent: Nuraihyon no Mago It's about a guy who becomes a badass when mentioning his crush, an action/supernatural show. Lowest priority after Reborn and SHana.

You've seen most of the action/romance anime that I have seen, best of luck now!
_Dazzle_Jan 2, 2015 9:34 PM
Jan 2, 2015 10:13 PM

Aug 2013
_Dazzle_ said:
Hello ErenxMisaka,
If you really loved Tokyo ravens, then you must be into Magic/Action/Romance genre. That's great!
Shakugan no Shana, an Male MC slowly becomes stronger, just like the MC of Tokyo Ravens at the start and then becoming a badass at the end. This is the show that spawned many clones, almost a defining show that spurred the development of many other action magic shwos. This is a quality Action/Magic adventure that has romance in it(more satisfying than Ravens, because it's a bit more complete). Also a pseudo Harem, and I forgot to mention, beware, there's a tsundere in there though O_o, but luckily the romance goes somewhere.

Hitman Reborn, also an action anime, an epic one at that, has subordinates and if you really want an anime where the MC has subordinates, this is for you. The action here is TOP NOTCH, but the story takes quite a little while to get running. A long adventure awaits if you decide to watch this. More on the action side than Shakugan no Shana.

To a lesser extent: Nuraihyon no Mago It's about a guy who becomes a badass when mentioning his crush, an action/supernatural show. Lowest priority after Reborn and SHana.

You've seen most of the action/romance anime that I have seen, best of luck now!

Thanks, I'll look into those. Although I'm also big on harems so I usually like more than one character showing interest in the MC
Jan 3, 2015 9:59 AM

May 2014
ErenxMikasa said:

Thanks, I'll look into those. Although I'm also big on harems so I usually like more than one character showing interest in the MC

Shakugan no Shana has a bit of a harem, so it's the closest thing I can recommend to you that's close to Tokyo Ravens. Enjoy!!
Jan 3, 2015 1:20 PM

Aug 2013
_Dazzle_ said:
ErenxMikasa said:

Shakugan no Shana has a bit of a harem, so it's the closest thing I can recommend to you that's close to Tokyo Ravens. Enjoy!!

Alright, thanks. I just have had some mixed experiences with pink haired loli tsunderes. lol Zero no Tsukaima
Jan 3, 2015 5:25 PM

Aug 2013
bumps
Jan 3, 2015 7:24 PM

May 2014
ErenxMikasa said:

Alright, thanks. I just have had some mixed experiences with pink haired loli tsunderes. lol Zero no Tsukaima

Shana is almost nothing like Louise. Well not quite. You see, Shakugan no Shana is more like Bleach(less cute "moe" moments) than Zero no Tsukaima. Zero no Tsukaima is primarily ecchi stuff, and Shakugan no Shana has a better balance between comedy and action. Despite being younger than Louise, and socially deficient, Shana is much more mature in battles. Shana, unlike Louise, worked hard from a young age to get where she is, contrary to Louise's status from a dignified family.
Looking at a picture comparison between Shana's trademark all black attire compared to the plethora of "cute" pictures of Louise, it can be seen that Shana is more well "badass" I'd say, less whining and all. That being said, it certainly is true that Shana and Louise are both Tsunderes, to what extent is up to you.
Picture Comparison:
[url=http://myanimelist.net/character/136/Louise_Françoise_Le_Blanc_de_La_Vallière/pictures]Louise[/url]
Shana

I'm not arguing with you, thought I'd clear something up about the series. There's a reason Shana is in a fighting pose in each series not a smirk/ cute smile in any, while Louise is poised in a more "cute" seductive fanservice manner. Thanks for reading my post and appreciating my ideas as usual. Good Luck finding your next show.
Jan 3, 2015 7:31 PM

May 2014
I can't believe I forgot, Beelzebub also is a pseudo Harem, which you will have much time enjoying. The MC is something you will enjoy, the manga is complete, and best of all, the MC certainly ISN'T useless. There's a small love triangle, but this is very action orientated. I could say there's something similar to magic/supernatural later on, but it fulfills your points:
ErenxMikasa said:
Male MC that wasn't useless
-Pseudo harem (in the sense that it wasn't the focus, but it was there)
-Action (slice of life tends to bore me)
-Female lead wasn't overly tsundere
-MC had servants/familiars/subordinates/whateveryouwanttocallit

Although this fits all of your points except maybe the third, because one of the TWO female leads is quite the tsundere, but no main red haired/ pink haired Tsunderes here. This isn't as close to Tokyo Ravens as much as Shakugan no Shana is due to the fact that Shakugan no Shana and Tokyo Ravens is more Magic-Orientated while Beelzebub is supernatural. This show is the favorite of all of the reccs I recommended to you, and it is action PACKED.
Jan 3, 2015 7:47 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, thanks for giving so much thought to it. Well, I'll definitely give shana and beezlebub a chance.
Jan 4, 2015 6:43 PM
Feb 2014
Second for Shana!
Code: Breakers maybe is another that you'd like? Maybe Black Bullet?
We like a lot of the same stuff so maybe check out my list!

More topics from this board

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

16 by LoveYourEyes »»
2 hours ago

» can you recommend me an anime i havent watched?

berkcan4you - May 3

10 by 8oomer »»
7 hours ago

» Looking for a non-harem Isekai anime

Michael_Mika - Mar 14

16 by Michael_Mika »»
10 hours ago

» Any sort of smut where someone isn't innocent to the degree of not seeming human?

isseixkoneko - Yesterday

2 by Zarutaku »»
Yesterday, 1:37 PM

» Anime/ Manga to binge

theD00mGuy - May 1

5 by Eleben »»
Yesterday, 8:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.