Jan 1, 2015 11:06 AM
Oct 2014
Just tell me why.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 1, 2015 11:06 AM

Dec 2013
It is rated high on MAL
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 1, 2015 11:14 AM
Oct 2014
PriestSlayer said:
It is rated high on MAL

Another Reason
Jan 1, 2015 11:15 AM

Dec 2013
It is rated high by me
FragOutFire said:

Jan 1, 2015 11:16 AM

Oct 2008
Don't watch it.There you go.
Jan 1, 2015 11:21 AM

Oct 2014
Lol, no but seriously I haven't watched Steins;Gate either, I'm curious too.

What are some good reasons of why it's so highly acclaimed?

What are the highlights of the series (i.e - story/premise, characters, art/animation, etc)?

Would you watch it again?

What are your favourite and least favourite things about it?

And anything else you can think to say about S;G.
Jan 1, 2015 11:26 AM
Dec 2014
amateur said:
^that made my evening
Jan 1, 2015 11:26 AM
Oct 2014
Yhneiil said:
Roy88Mustang said:

Another Reason

2nd in MAL Top Anime Series. The real question is why not?

PriestSlayer said:
It is rated high by me

Give me a reason aside from ratings
Jan 1, 2015 11:28 AM
Oct 2014
amateur said:

Give me a good reason to why I shouldn't
Jan 1, 2015 11:28 AM

Dec 2013
Roy88Mustang said:
Yhneiil said:

PriestSlayer said:
It is rated high by me

Because it uses a relatively cliched concept and executes it in a relatively fresh way.
FragOutFire said:

Jan 1, 2015 11:29 AM
Jan 2015
"Because it did time travelling right", is what most people say.
Jan 1, 2015 11:30 AM
Oct 2014
PriestSlayer said:
Roy88Mustang said:

Because it uses a relatively cliched concept and executes it in a relatively fresh way.

Does it have originality?
Jan 1, 2015 11:30 AM

Oct 2014
Yhneiil said:
crestofhonesty said:
Lol, no but seriously I haven't watched Steins;Gate either, I'm curious too.

What are some good reasons of why it's so highly acclaimed?

What are the highlights of the series (i.e - story/premise, characters, art/animation, etc)?

Would you watch it again?

What are your favourite and least favourite things about it?

And anything else you can think to say about S;G.

I think it's best if you read the reviews instead. 2nd place in MAL = tons of reviewers.

I might actually do that. I often don't read reviews before watching series though, cause spoilers, badly composed reviews, etc. But just maybe I'll do that with S;G.
Jan 1, 2015 11:33 AM
Dec 2014
crestofhonesty said:
Yhneiil said:

I think it's best if you read the reviews instead. 2nd place in MAL = tons of reviewers.

I might actually do that. I often don't read reviews before watching series though, cause spoilers, badly composed reviews, etc. But just maybe I'll do that with S;G.
reading reviews it's a pain in the ass. Most of the people who write reviews are trying to be sarcastic in a funny way while showing what smartasses are they
Jan 1, 2015 11:35 AM

Dec 2013
Roy88Mustang said:
PriestSlayer said:

Does it have originality?
Yes
FragOutFire said:

Jan 1, 2015 11:36 AM

Nov 2012
Yhneiil said:
Roy88Mustang said:

Another Reason

Yeah but that's not really saying much since MAL's taste is shit in general.

The real reason you should watch it is because it's one of the few series actually deserving of its top spot on the charts. It has a clever time travel plot that (mostly) avoids the usual paradoxes and plot holes involved with time travel, and the characters are all well-developed with some pretty top-notch drama sprinkled in. The only caveat is that the plot takes some time to develop, so if you're watching the early episodes not seeing what all the hype is about, that's normal.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Jan 1, 2015 11:37 AM

Jul 2012
Miyano Mamoru.
Jan 1, 2015 11:49 AM
Oct 2014
mayukachan said:
Miyano Mamoru.

Wut? O_O
Jan 1, 2015 11:59 AM

Mar 2014
I'm telling you to watch it.
Jan 1, 2015 12:03 PM
Oct 2014
Paulo27 said:

Reason
Jan 1, 2015 12:04 PM

Dec 2013
You should read some reviews
FragOutFire said:

Jan 1, 2015 12:05 PM

Mar 2014
Roy88Mustang said:
Paulo27 said:

Reason
Bitch don't make me slap you.
Jan 1, 2015 12:11 PM
Oct 2014
Ok, I'll watch it dammit!
And I don't even know what is it about.
Jan 1, 2015 12:12 PM

Mar 2014
Don't even read the synopsis.
Watching a show 100% blind is awesome.
Jan 1, 2015 12:12 PM

Jul 2012
Roy88Mustang said:
mayukachan said:
Miyano Mamoru.

Wut? O_O

He voiced Light from Death Note and Chrollo from HxH.

He's also Shuu from Tokyo Ghoul.
Jan 1, 2015 12:13 PM

Dec 2013
Roy88Mustang said:
Ok, I'll watch it dammit!
And I don't even know what is it about.
It's better this way. Good marathon!
FragOutFire said:

Jan 1, 2015 12:13 PM

Nov 2014
The characters and the plot are amazing. I can't say much without spoiling but the concept of time travel is really well used in this anime : There's no "Cliché" temporal paradoxes or stuff like that.

Besides, i think that the characters are really appealing ! The MC is original.
Jan 1, 2015 1:11 PM
Dec 2014
Steins gate is a thought experiment. It's basically a "what if" when certain theories are applied.

The said:
Thought experiments are devices of the imagination used to investigate the nature of things. They are used for diverse reasons in a variety of areas, including economics, history, mathematics, philosophy, and the sciences, especially physics.
Jan 1, 2015 3:59 PM

Dec 2012
Don't watch it.

Jan 1, 2015 4:08 PM

Dec 2013
It's basicly best sci-fi anime I have watched ( though Shinsekai yori beats it imo ).

It's set in Tokyo, nothing special, starts kinda slow with goofy characters, nothing special again.

However as the show progresses it gets more serious and darker, gets quite addicting, the story becomes a thriller and then THE ENDINGggGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG sdfbsjkdf
Jan 1, 2015 4:21 PM

Apr 2014
Jan 14, 2015 5:30 PM

Aug 2014
I am checking some of top ranked animes, and I don't know why some are so high ranked ;/
I wanted to ask same question as topic creator and after I read all replies and
Synopsis

I think its lame and got many others better planned to watch already :/
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 14, 2015 6:46 PM

Jul 2012
You should post your thoughts in the respective episode discussions instead of here, btw.
Jan 14, 2015 7:11 PM

Jul 2012
OP isn't even checking this thread
Jan 15, 2015 3:46 AM

Aug 2014
But many others are and will come with same question (like me)
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 15, 2015 4:24 AM

Dec 2012
JulySerpent said:
I just finished 19th episode and thus far this anime seems extremely overrated.
If i could leap back in time before i decided to watch this anime and tell myself not to watch it... I would.
The plot is boring. Most of the show comprises of Okabe harem / failed comedy / pretentious meme otaku achan crap and Kurisu and Okabe getting together.
Many things and episodes seemed unneccecary and were only done for fanserice / comedy attempt or something (Ruka's changing genders, Feyris).
The character designs are ugly and dull.
The main characters are unlikeable - Okabe's loud voice / tone becomes tiring around episode 2, Kurisu is extremely cliche and pretentious, Itaru makes perverted / sexist remarks throughout every episode.
The opening / ending song is the highlight of the series i guess.
Maybe my hopes and expectations were too high after i saw the score it doesn't deserve and I'm being harsh but yeah :X

Jan 15, 2015 12:13 PM
Aug 2009
JulySerpent said:
If i could leap back in time before i decided to watch this anime and tell myself not to watch it... I would.
The plot is boring. Most of the show comprises of Okabe harem / failed comedy / pretentious meme otaku achan crap and Kurisu and Okabe getting together.
Many things and episodes seemed unneccecary and were only done for fanserice / comedy attempt or something (Ruka's changing genders, Feyris).
The main characters are unlikeable - Okabe's loud voice / tone becomes tiring around episode 2, Kurisu is extremely cliche and pretentious, Itaru makes perverted / sexist remarks throughout every episode.
Maybe my hopes and expectations were too high after i saw the score it doesn't deserve and I'm being harsh but yeah :X

i couldn't actually agree more, whilst i was interested in the idea of time travel i had to force myself through 9 episodes before i decided the characters & botched comedy was way too annoying for this anime to be worth my time, if it hadnt been so highly rated this would've been dropped much earlier
Jan 15, 2015 1:58 PM

Dec 2010
Fsm said:
JulySerpent said:

i couldn't actually agree more, whilst i was interested in the idea of time travel i had to force myself through 9 episodes before i decided the characters & botched comedy was way too annoying for this anime to be worth my time, if it hadnt been so highly rated this would've been dropped much earlier
Not shounen enough for you I guess, must suck to have such shit taste.
Jan 15, 2015 2:03 PM

Jul 2012
and i thought i didn't like this show.
Jan 16, 2015 9:34 AM

Dec 2013
Jan 16, 2015 9:39 AM

Aug 2013
JulySerpent said:
Update: Completed - i don't know how... I kept forcing myself to remain in front of the monitor.
The series became even more slow-paced and drama focused the last 5 episodes. It got even more boring if thats possible.
The supposed tear jerking moments left me indifferent or hoping for characters to just die. The actual time travel theme constitutes too little of the actual story.
As to why is this series rated so high... i don't even. But I feel like this series could be at least decent if they remade characters so it's possible to sympathize with them, got rid of all the fanservice and maybe explored the future worlds they were trying to abolish more.
Right now I kinda wish to send a D-mail to myself from a day ago saying 'Steins Gate is crap - stop watching it nao' :V

uh, I don't want to hear this from Madoka freaks
Jan 16, 2015 9:49 AM

Nov 2013
JulySerpent said:
odagiri said:
It is rated 9.18 and there are barely any bad reviews. With any anime that popular and highly liked, there's bound to be one or two dissatisfied viewers. Those viewers are probably more disappointed that the anime did not meet their expectations, rather than the anime being bad itself, because it's not.

it really wasn't that good though .-.

About 50 % of the show was quite enjoyable / smooth, the time travel idea was decent, the music was good and there were a couple of wise sentences said but it's not enough to make it a masterpiece imo.

I understand it was supposed to be slow-paced and drama / romance focused and I really don't mind that.
I guess the main problem were the characters i found incredibly hard to relate to - mainly Kurisu - they were trying too hard to make her 'tsundere' and it turned fake imo.
The romance scenes between Kurisu and Okabe felt like they were shoved in my face.
I just hoped for her to die and never come back at the end of the show so much. And Itaru character was absolutely disgusting.

Okabe and Mayushii was the highlight (the rest were quite likeable too i guess. It was disappointing to find how many people hated Moeka though - character who seemed the most tragic of them all. but it's a proof to me that Steins;Gate fans suck) but for some reason the whole drama relating their relationship didn't make me feel much (other than the feeling of wasted time).

Actually, Feyris bringing her dad back to life and then sacrificing him and the whole Moeka / Mr Braun part were more touching than anything Mayushii x Okabe.

I don't know if its just me. Maybe if i could sympathize with the main characters more I would find the show much more hypnotizing and enjoyable.

Imho, Steins Gate is made for otaku. I watched it when I was still relatively new to anime and I didn't quite get why it was so popular, just like you (I gave it a 5, I think).
I rewatched it recently and now it's in my favorites; I think the biggest difference was understanding all the tropes and references in the first half of the show, which made it infinitely more fun to watch and made me care much more for the characters in the second half (except for Ruka and Fayris which are just terrible).
Try to rewatch it in a year or two, and see if your opinion changes.
Jan 16, 2015 3:01 PM

Sep 2014
It's the mustang to your roy.
Jan 16, 2015 10:20 PM
Aug 2014
kokusho36 said:
JulySerpent said:

it really wasn't that good though .-.

About 50 % of the show was quite enjoyable / smooth, the time travel idea was decent, the music was good and there were a couple of wise sentences said but it's not enough to make it a masterpiece imo.

I understand it was supposed to be slow-paced and drama / romance focused and I really don't mind that.
I guess the main problem were the characters i found incredibly hard to relate to - mainly Kurisu - they were trying too hard to make her 'tsundere' and it turned fake imo.
The romance scenes between Kurisu and Okabe felt like they were shoved in my face.
I just hoped for her to die and never come back at the end of the show so much. And Itaru character was absolutely disgusting.

Okabe and Mayushii was the highlight (the rest were quite likeable too i guess. It was disappointing to find how many people hated Moeka though - character who seemed the most tragic of them all. but it's a proof to me that Steins;Gate fans suck) but for some reason the whole drama relating their relationship didn't make me feel much (other than the feeling of wasted time).

Actually, Feyris bringing her dad back to life and then sacrificing him and the whole Moeka / Mr Braun part were more touching than anything Mayushii x Okabe.

I don't know if its just me. Maybe if i could sympathize with the main characters more I would find the show much more hypnotizing and enjoyable.

Imho, Steins Gate is made for otaku. I watched it when I was still relatively new to anime and I didn't quite get why it was so popular, just like you (I gave it a 5, I think).
I rewatched it recently and now it's in my favorites; I think the biggest difference was understanding all the tropes and references in the first half of the show, which made it infinitely more fun to watch and made me care much more for the characters in the second half (except for Ruka and Fayris which are just terrible).
Try to rewatch it in a year or two, and see if your opinion changes.

Faris was a fun character to watch (although if you play the VN she's developed better). I can agree on Ruka though.

I'm a fan of the Okabe x Moeka ship though. It's expanded upon in the drama CD Hyde of the Dark Dimension.
Behold! The way is clear! We're free! I, the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma, have triumphed under a twofold assault, from SERN and the Organization, by twisting the very fundamentals of time and space! The world as we know it has been put to rights, and a future of chaos awaits us. This, my friends, is the choice of Steins;Gate!
Jan 25, 2015 2:28 PM

Oct 2013
nah, pretty boring
Jan 25, 2015 10:52 PM

Dec 2012
What boring ?

Jan 26, 2015 1:07 PM

Dec 2014
There are none. The series was very disappointing, and was boring as hell. Annoying voices on some of the female characters, almost so I switched to dubbed version.

To give you a better view of my anime taste, this is my top 4:
FMA (all of it)
Elfen Lied
Hellsing

If you just about the same, this is not for you. Note that this is me, so maybe you actually will like this.
An anime is not anime because YOU say that it is not an anime. Avatar is an american and korean made ANIME, deal with it. Moomin is anime from Finland, but hey let's be racist and dont accept it!. Do you even anime?

Jan 26, 2015 1:22 PM

Dec 2013
Okabe... that is the only reason you need.

He's an awesome character who is voiced by Miyano, Mamoru.... otherwise known as Light from Death Note.
Feel free to message me to chat.
Jan 26, 2015 4:19 PM

Nov 2014
The reason is Okabe Rintarou. He's easily one of the best. A somewhat average man with a "unique" personality.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
NiyawaJan 27, 2015 2:14 PM
Feb 4, 2015 3:00 AM

Feb 2015
odagiri said:
It is rated 9.18 and there are barely any bad reviews.

It's because moderators delete every bad review or post about this show lol. I'm not even kidding. The score is also a lie.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1829 by mjjones0 »»
Yesterday, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

485 by Ronin_4011 »»
Apr 30, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

685 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.