Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 21, 2014 11:54 AM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
My current PC is getting old, and its generally not as good as it use to be. It was never really good at running new games or anything in a good quality. I cant count the number of games I have played in Ultra low setting 800x600, low textures etc. I want a new PC something that will run general games in a higher quality. A actual gaming PC rather than a basic desktop like I have now. I have been looking online and found ones that look ok and boast about Quad cores, and Intel core i5's or i7's or other stuff which mean nothing to me really. It could be good it could be bad. I don't want to spend more than £700 or £800 TBH, the cheaper the better which I know does limit a GOOD gaming PC.

I was looking at this PC atm, At £600 its a good price (On sale this week)-

https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system/weekly_sales_II/

CPU: INTEL® Core™ i5-4690K Quad Core 3.50 GHz 6MB Cache LGA1150 + HD Graphics ***Overclockable XXX***

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97-HD3 INTEL Z97 Chipset, ATX Mainboard w/ 4 RAM slots, 7.1 HD Audio, HDMI, GbLAN, USB 3.0, SATA-III, 1x Gen2 PCIe x16, 1x Gen2 PCIe x4, 2x PCIe x 1 & 2x PCI

Memory: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3/1866mhz Dual Channel Memory (HyperX Fury White w/Heat Spreader)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Single Card)

Is this any good. I hardly want to run games in Ultra with Maxed setting but medium settings would be nice. I could do with opinions because like I stated I haven got a dam clue what any of it means really...

Dec 21, 2014 11:13 PM

Mar 2013
what kind of games do you play, that will be the biggest factor.

if you play strategy or lower graphics games you will be able to go pretty much max with that pc.

but if you want to play games with the latest and greatest graphics, then this wont cut it for long, at the moment it will probably play most on high, but in a year or two that may not be the case.

i would recommend building your own, its a LOT easier than it looks, and a LOT cheaper 9 times out of ten, if you really dont want to, i would try and upgrade to a GTX760 for an extra 60 if your budget allows.

the only problem is the graphics card the rest is really good at that price point.
Rhaegar fought valiantly,
Rhaegar fought nobly,
Rheagar died.
Dec 22, 2014 4:41 AM

Apr 2014
with £800 you can buy a much better Pc than this.

I suppose you're from UK well look online and try to search for a PC with a better graphic card.
Dec 22, 2014 8:23 AM

Jul 2008
Maybe you may still be averse to building it yourself (but regardless I still recommend that), so I used their Z97 i5 configurator too. You could easily get a better setup there. That item you linked to essentially only has the GTX 750 on sale, but not the other parts. Since you can choose to get a better video card anyway, go with the custom configurator.

More topics from this board

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 8 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
8 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
10 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:59 PM

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.