Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 20, 2009 1:12 AM

Jul 2009
PC:
- ブラウザ一騎当千 (web-browser game)
- 一騎当千‐美少女バトル‐ (social card game) (free)

PlayStation 2 (PS2):
- IkkiTousen Shining Dragon

PlayStation Portable (PSP):
- IkkiTousen Eloquent Fist
- IkkiTousen XROSS IMPACT

iPhone / iPod touch:
- 一騎当千GG Fifteen Puzzle (some screenshots & link to iTunes here)

Mobile game:
- 一騎当千バーストファイト

Slot Machine:
- パチスロ 一騎当千 Dragon Destiny
- パチスロ 一騎当千2 Brilliant Battle
- 一騎当千 Survival Soldier

Trading Card Game (TCG):
- ChaosTCG 一騎当千
NujinNov 7, 2012 11:42 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 2, 2009 10:43 AM

Oct 2008
Both IkkiTousen: Shining Dragon and IkkiTousen: Eloquent Fist have poor gameplay involving beating up generic characters and the stage always end with a boss who is one of the girls from the opposing two nations. The only differences between the two versions is that the PS2 version involves 3D fighting while the PSP version is pretty much 2D fighting. However, its pretty much the same thing as that you are fighting generic characters, mostly guys and some female delinquents. However, there are many modes to choose.

The good points would be that both games are fully-voiced, feature lots of anime CG especially when performing special attacks during battle. The soundtrack, on the other hand isn't all that special. The graphics are top-notch minus the background of the battle locations and also the generic enemies. For IkkiTousen fans, these are pretty awesome but for everyone else, I wouldn't recommend it. ^^;;
Oct 15, 2010 1:07 PM
Apr 2009
The series NEEDS a fighting game! And I mean 2D-style featuring all characters with chaotic battles like in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 or Dragonball Z:Budokai Tenkaichi 3. Even a MUGEN will do.
Nov 2, 2012 2:12 PM

Aug 2009
I actually have a well thought out idea for what kind of game I'd build for the series. But since I can get really TL;DR with it, I'll just say this...

Like God of War/Devil May Cry/Ninja Gaiden/Bayonetta/Asura's Wrath/Lollipop Chainsaw but... And metal remixes of some of the songs from the anime.

I always thought that a fighting game would be the super obvious and generic choice, so I figure that hack 'n' slash action game with story, pantsu and boob nipples would be more interesting, for me at least.

Dec 9, 2012 11:43 PM

Jul 2009
Added some 2 slot machines to the list.

I would like if they made a IkkiTousen game like [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleach:_Soul_Resurrección]Bleach: Soul Resurrección[/url], simple and fun.
NujinSep 7, 2014 10:43 PM
Jul 18, 2013 2:32 AM

Jul 2009
Booth the PSP games, Eloquent Fist & XROSS IMPACT need to be really popular in Japan or good selling.
Both have become Best Collection what is Japanese parallel to Platinum in PAL regions or Greatest Hits in US.
Don't know exactly when a game can become Best Collection, but Platinum is over 400000 sell units and min. one year on market. I think the Best Collection conditions will be similar, but probably the number of sell units will be lower.
Dec 16, 2013 10:36 PM

Aug 2009
Nujin said:
Booth the PSP games, Eloquent Fist & XROSS IMPACT need to be really popular in Japan or good selling.
Both have become Best Collection what is Japanese parallel to Platinum in PAL regions or Greatest Hits in US.

What... the... fuck?!

Apr 9, 2014 5:13 PM

Jun 2008
A 2D fighting game would be pretty cool. But I don't want Arc System Works to do it (not a fan of their games). I think Examu would be the right company for that, as bishoujo fighting games are pretty much their forte. Plus, their games are pretty legit.
Sep 3, 2014 8:06 PM
Jul 2018
I have the PS2 game, both PSP games.. They are awful!!!
Sep 6, 2014 11:06 PM

Jun 2008
Thinking back about it, although I am a fan of 2D fighting games, I think 3D hack 'n slash is the best way to see the booty of our favorite female characters, with all those camera angles.
Sep 7, 2014 1:10 AM

Aug 2009
Choy said:
Thinking back about it, although I am a fan of 2D fighting games, I think 3D hack 'n slash is the best way to see the booty of our favorite female characters, with all those camera angles.

Finally! Something we can agree upon! :D

...Unless you're thinking of one in the style of Dynasty Warriors.

Sep 7, 2014 2:00 AM

Jun 2008
Nah, no Dynasty "spam the same button for 30 minutes" Warriors BS. I want something that requires a little more thought and dexterity with a system loose enough so that advanced techniques can be found out later on. I want to wavedash, parry and roman/dash/bold/whatever cancel.

And give the opponents the ability to level up, up to Level DIE just like in God Hand.
Sep 7, 2014 4:19 PM

Aug 2009
Choy said:
Nah, no Dynasty "spam the same button for 30 minutes" Warriors BS.

Thank god, because I'd have to destroy both my video game collection and Ikki DVDs and Kan'u figure if a Dynasty Warriors: Ikki were to come into existence, and I'd also club a few baby seals if anyone would even want it.

Sep 7, 2014 11:06 PM

Jul 2009
Like I told before, something like Bleach: Soul Resurrección (you level up, unlock new ability, can make "parry"...), or maybe something like the Naruto Ultimate Ninja games... but I would like more the Bleach style, I have it and it is fun to play. Maybe it is similar to Dynasty Warriors, but I have never played one before so not really sure...
Sep 8, 2014 8:42 PM

Aug 2009
Nujin said:
Maybe it is similar to Dynasty Warriors, but I have never played one before so not really sure...

Dynasty Warriors is shit. I tried playing the Dynasty Warriors Next demo for Vita. I forgot who I was playing as, but Guan Yu was a team member. Knowing that Guan Yu is represented by Kan'u, I finished the level, and quickly uninstalled the demo.

Shit was too real.

Nujin said:
Like I told before, something like Bleach: Soul Resurrección (you level up, unlock new ability, can make "parry"...), or maybe something like the Naruto Ultimate Ninja games... but I would like more the Bleach style, I have it and it is fun to play.

Ever play Bayonetta?

Sep 9, 2014 12:02 AM

Jul 2009
Yes, it was good. When I think about it, Bleach: SR is the same type like Bayonetta, only with more characters, but with different boss fight style...

(PS: I thinking to buy Wii U only because of Bayonetta 2 & MH4)
Sep 9, 2014 6:03 PM

Aug 2009
Well, I tend to look down on the licensed anime games because the developers for those games clearly go for just putting in everyone's favorite character doing whatever signature fighting moves they're known for. So, I not only rather play, but I also rather develop a character action game where you only have a few characters, but each of them play differently for the sake of making the game more focused by having a few nuanced characters, as opposed to having 20 or 30 characters for the sake of fanservice. My example for quality over quantity would be the differences in how Raiden, Jetstream Sam and Blade Wolf are deigned in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Only three characters, but the nuances between those thee are immediately apparent from one another.

So for Ikki, I would pick up to five characters (particularly Hakufu, Ryomou, Kan'u, Chou'un and Ryofu), look through the anime and manga, analyze them in terms of their fighting techniques and build combat profiles based on their tendencies, like: Who prefers to use hand-to-hand, weapons or qi energy for attacking? Who is more inclined to evade an attack rather than blocking it? Which characters would be be slower heavy hitters or deal out faster but lighter attacks? And as for their rage modes: How much damage do they sustain before it activates, or if that could be a second wind before a character dies? What are their fighting techniques for when they're in rage mode? And for characters that don't have an obvious rage state like Hakufu's, what kind of alternate powered up state or extra abilities can they have? So to me, taking a more methodical and individualized approach to designing their combat techniques will have more entertaining results, as opposed to having one main combat system and standardizing each character to that while only making minor tweaks and adding different different visual effects and animations to make them seem different.

Sep 13, 2014 11:06 AM

Jun 2008
^Amen to all of that.

And with unlockable bikini costumes also.

TerrorH3ctorSep 14, 2014 12:17 PM
Sep 14, 2014 12:18 PM
Apr 2009
Choy said:
^Amen to all of that.

And with unlockable bikini costumes also.

Sorry about that Choy. I keep forgetting to tell Edit and Quote apart.

Don't forget naked aprons! And Kakuen's got that little weapon that makes her easily identifiable.
Sep 16, 2014 5:15 PM

Aug 2009
I was thinking that the ecchiness could be teared off by point values; pretty much how Bayonetta handles it. Casual outfits for the lowest tear. Cheerleader outfits and bikinis for the lower mid tear. Lingerie and character specific costumes (like the various trademark maid uniforms for Ryomou, Kan'u's race queen outfit from one of the OVAs, and those armored costumes that I've seen for Ryomou, Kan'u and Chou'un) for the upper mid/lower upper tear. And topless versions of most costumes as well as BDSM gear for the highest tear.

I'm also thinking that difficulty based torn clothing as battle damage could be integrated as well. The higher the difficulty level, the more torn the clothes become. Normal shows a mild amount or wear and tare, hard being what the anime usually shows, and the highest difficulty being on par with Queen's Blade.

...And easy mode (aka Chode Mode) makes some of the costumes unable to equip, pulls a Chie Satonaka by everyone wearing bike pants under their skirts, and everyone's breast size is reduced to B with no jiggle physics whatsoever. Because, to reference the Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball animation by EgoRaptor, I feel as though that people who want see the most revealing costumes need to actually play the the game and not be a bitch by playing it on easy; not just this collective hypothetical fever dream (give or take several design choices), but for all games in general.

TerrorH3ctor said:
I keep forgetting to tell Edit and Quote apart.

Same here.

Dec 19, 2014 11:47 AM

Aug 2009
I don't know how many people around here have a PlayStation Vita, but I recommend picking up Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus in lieu of there being an worth wile Ikki games out there. It's actually developed by Tamsoft, the same studio that made Eloquent Fist and Xross Impact for PSP. It's a shame that those games weren't super great and that Ikki's heyday ended a few years ago and that the chances of a followup to those games on newer systems is pretty slim (let alone have them localized in English), but I think Shinovi Versus is good, even though I've never watched an episode of Senran Kagura. It obviously doesn't meat my high standards or ideal imaginings for what kind of multicharacter action game that I'd like to play or develop. It's more on the Dynasty Warriors side of action games, but it's still pretty fun and there's going to be a sequel called Senran Kagura: Estival Versus for PS4 and Vita next year.

Dec 29, 2014 2:48 PM

Jul 2009
I was already thinking to buy that game, but I did watched the anime... soooo... I kind have my doubts :P

And yes, shame that no Ikki game was not localized. But we need to hope... and maybe one day we will get new good IkkiTousen game with EN subs :)
Dec 29, 2014 7:42 PM

Jun 2008
We need to have Platinum Games developing an Ikki game just like they did with Legend of Korra. I want to rotate my camera in a 360 motion so I can drool on Goei's ass while she kicks the others (please, make her playable.)

Also, they need to make it a hard game. God Hand-levels of hard. And a one-hand mode as well.
Jan 3, 2015 1:21 PM

Aug 2009
Nujin said:
I was already thinking to buy that game, but I did watched the anime... soooo... I kind have my doubts :P

Senran Kagura is a video game series that spawned anime and manga adaptations. So like with Persona, it's a general rule of thumb that the games are better than the anime.

Nujin said:
...Maybe one day we will get new good IkkiTousen game with EN subs :)

We already have them. It's the Senran Kagura games. Different stories and character designs aside, Shinovi Versus is pretty much the ideal Ikki game that currently exists.

Jan 22, 2015 10:36 AM

Jul 2009
@FacelessVixen I have just now bought Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (downloading... 750MB/1965) It is now in discounted :)
I hope it will be good.
Feb 24, 2015 11:17 PM

Aug 2009
You're welcome. :)

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Yay for dubbings

removed-user - Nov 24, 2013

6 by nachomaxo1 »»
Sep 15, 2021 12:15 PM

» Wallpapers | Artbooks | DvD Covers ... ( 1 2 )

Nujin - Nov 20, 2009

65 by FacelessVixen »»
Aug 4, 2015 10:19 PM

» Some Kind of Thread About Breasts

TerrorH3ctor - Oct 5, 2014

13 by FacelessVixen »»
Nov 3, 2014 6:35 PM

Sticky: » 一騎当千 Club Cards

Nujin - Oct 23, 2010

44 by Blaze862 »»
Sep 28, 2014 9:23 PM

Sticky: Poll: » What do you like more?

Nujin - Oct 13, 2011

5 by FacelessVixen »»
Sep 8, 2014 8:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.