Forum Settings
Forums
New
Would Hitani have deserved a better ending
Nov 23, 2014 11:14 AM

Nov 2014
Doesn't anybody else feel bad and disappointed about how Hitani ended up in the anime? Or am I missing out on something?

I mean, it seriously cracked me up. a LOT.

Especially when the kid-hitana was sitting on the swing and was still injured and then started crying for his dead parents... made me tear up many times.

I am just having problems progressing this - does anybody share my thoughts on Hitana and think that Usui is a real idiot and unfair to him? Like, he told him his story and trusted him and such - and Usui just takes it as a threat/provocation/challenge.
TyrelNov 23, 2014 9:39 PM
"I don't insult, I diagnose."
Nov 23, 2014 11:14 AM
Sep 2014
No
Nov 23, 2014 12:00 PM
May 2014
For some reason I can't seem to pity Hitana.
It was sort of guaranteed from the beginning that Misaki would end up with Usui. The entire anime developed around this couple, so it was painfully obvious that Hitana was just side character thrown into the story just for some drama or extending the plot a little. This fact keeps me from feeling sorry for him. Its just my opinion.

But if you read the manga which is longer, He isn't degraded as much as he ends up to be in the anime. Him and Misaki end up being good friends so its all well and good
Nov 23, 2014 12:22 PM

Nov 2014
MorganWolfram said:
For some reason I can't seem to pity Hitana.
It was sort of guaranteed from the beginning that Misaki would end up with Usui. The entire anime developed around this couple, so it was painfully obvious that Hitana was just side character thrown into the story just for some drama or extending the plot a little. This fact keeps me from feeling sorry for him. Its just my opinion.

But if you read the manga which is longer, He isn't degraded as much as he ends up to be in the anime. Him and Misaki end up being good friends so its all well and good

Indeed, I also wouldn't be favoring him ending up with Misaki.
Though I still think they went a bit too hard on him in the anime and perhaps could have let Misaki talk a bit more to him about the situation or something like that, at least bring in some more of the manga so that he's not so left out... I just feel bad for him, after all those memories, to be having to face a cold shoulder that won't even really talk to him
"I don't insult, I diagnose."
Nov 23, 2014 2:07 PM

Nov 2012
You serious no, it's just a shoujo, there's always the side guy that end up with nothing.
Nov 23, 2014 2:23 PM

Jul 2012
who's hitana what

edit - Ohhhhhh.
Nov 23, 2014 2:29 PM

Jun 2014
Makkusu-kun_ said:
Doesn't anybody else feel bad and disappointed about how Hitani ended up in the anime? Or am I missing out on something?

I mean, it seriously cracked me up. a LOT.

Especially when the kid-hitana was sitting on the swing and was still injured and then started crying for his dead parents... made me tear up many times.

I am just having problems progressing this - does anybody share my thoughts on Hitana and think that Usui is a real idiot and unfair to him? Like, he told him his story and trusted him and such - and Usui just takes it as a threat/provocation/challenge.

Nope.
Hitani put up a good fight, but he honestly has lost his battles and should start backing off. Usui should have and did see him as a threat/provocation/challenge and defeated him.

You don't pity your love rival, you crush them, because love is war.
Besides, Hitani was a bit of a flake xD
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Nov 23, 2014 8:17 PM

Aug 2014
that scrub already failed before he was even introduced

Nov 23, 2014 9:18 PM

May 2011
Manga spoiler

Shintani Hinata*

He was my favourite character btw.
Dec 26, 2014 10:44 PM
Sep 2014
No I hated his character. My biggest pet peeve when reading Shoujo manga is when a male or female character is introduced to do nothing but cause drama and trouble between the main couple and that pretty much defines Hitani. He was annoying and he didn't stand a chance I was just glad the he was put down early on I can't imagine having to deal with him throughout the entire series.
May 31, 2015 5:44 PM
Mar 2015
I've watched the anime, and I'm going to read the manga. I love both Takumi and Hitana (I thought his name was Hinata) I loved the love triangle aspect, even though it was obvious that she was gonna end up with Takumi. I am reading the manga in hope that there will be more with Hinata, and if it's true about him getting with the younger sister; I'm going to be upset. (I don't know if that person was trolling or nah. I love spoilers, just btdubbz.
Jun 14, 2015 9:05 AM

Dec 2013
Shuda- said:
Manga spoiler

Shintani Hinata*
I mean this he doesn't end up with nothing I guess some people missed he has been married for three years?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 32 Discussion

shadowraze - May 2, 2009

44 by shaadow82 »»
Aug 22, 2023 11:11 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 85 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 21, 2013

81 by James_xeno »»
Jul 5, 2023 7:59 PM

» ending was so sudden

cool_as_mf - Jun 21, 2023

2 by cool_as_mf »»
Jun 22, 2023 6:33 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 48 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2010

21 by YasashiiTimes »»
May 14, 2023 5:13 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 21 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Dec 11, 2008

9 by FakeSpicyApple »»
May 4, 2023 8:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.