Forum Settings
Forums

Arrow, The Flash, and DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV series)

New
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 5, 2016 1:43 PM

Feb 2015
DrGeroCreation said:
Forgotten. Few similarities doesn't equal copycat especially when it comes to personality. If that was so then most battle shonen protagonists with their happy go lucky , strive to be the best , liking adventure attitudes would be copycats of Goku.

there was no need to bring up an anime comparison. and besides that isn't fair at all. i said arrow and batman have similar backgrounds and personalities, and you bring up a ton of shounen heroes. i was only talking about two people. and the reason is that people like batman don't come around too often.

and like i said, i don't know about the comic version but they pretty much act the same in the show. you've got to admit that.
Mar 5, 2016 2:00 PM

Aug 2013
TomDay said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Forgotten. Few similarities doesn't equal copycat especially when it comes to personality. If that was so then most battle shonen protagonists with their happy go lucky , strive to be the best , liking adventure attitudes would be copycats of Goku.

there was no need to bring up an anime comparison. and besides that isn't fair at all. i said arrow and batman have similar backgrounds and personalities, and you bring up a ton of shounen heroes. i was only talking about two people. and the reason is that people like batman don't come around too often.

and like i said, i don't know about the comic version but they pretty much act the same in the show. you've got to admit that.
Why not ?We are on an anime site where everyone watches anime and would likely understand the comparison. There are other superheroes with certain similar attributes to Batman such as Black Panther, Nighthawk, Catman, Moon Knight. Similar personality or background does not equal copycat. I have already pointed out all the differences between CW Arrow and Batman.
Mar 5, 2016 5:32 PM

Nov 2011
Man, Snart and Rory break up was one of the best emotional moment I've seen from the Flarrowverse. LoT is a lot better when they stop focusing on Savage.

The unnecessary romance between Ray and that barista for two months make me cringe.

Mar 10, 2016 10:11 PM

Feb 2015
@DrGeroCreation

look! i'm not the only one! go to number one.

Mar 11, 2016 8:57 AM

Aug 2013
TomDay said:
@DrGeroCreation

look! i'm not the only one! go to number one.

LOL. Green Arrow came before Hawkeye and the watchmojo guy literally said Green Arrow first arrived in 1941 before Marvel's answer Hawkeye arrived in 1964. He also says that Green Arrow draws direct inspiration from Robin Hood with a little Batman thrown in for good measure.
Mar 24, 2016 11:51 AM

Apr 2011

Please, oh please let that be the Black Flash.

EDIT: Good God, Arrow is getting so damn melodramatic. They just had to completely ruin such a fun character in Felicity for all this melodrama, didn't they?
yhunataMar 25, 2016 1:24 AM
Mar 27, 2016 4:06 PM

Dec 2013
A new DC's Legends of Tomorrow trailer is up:

Mar 27, 2016 5:36 PM

Mar 2016
Arrow was crap for me after season 2 .

Season 2 was legendary though .
Apr 10, 2016 2:10 AM

Aug 2013
Wow really didn't see that one coming. I would have never guessed that was the person that would be in the grave. Even though that character got a lot of hate (unwarranted hate imo) I always liked that character since season 1 and that character to me had some of the best character development in the show. Hopefully this time around Ollie regains his balls and puts an arrow in Darhk's skull. A guy like Darhk is more dangerous than Ras Al Ghul and can't be allowed to live. Really hoping Malcom back stabs Darhk coming close to the ending as well. Really liking how they transformed Mick on Legends of Tomorrow. He's actually a valuable member of the team now thanks to having inside intel on the Time Masters instead of just being a dumb, strong thug. Savage is really proving to be the best villain of the CW Arrowverse. It's like impossible to defeat him.

@trailer Great they are introducing Jonah Hex although he might just be in one episode.
DrGeroCreationApr 10, 2016 2:21 AM
Apr 10, 2016 5:08 AM

Apr 2011
Surprise, surprise. Best Arrow episode yet this season and no focus on the Olicity bullshit. Who could've guessed, eh?
Apr 10, 2016 11:54 AM

May 2014
yhunata said:
Surprise, surprise. Best Arrow episode yet this season and no focus on the Olicity bullshit. Who could've guessed, eh?

They literally made

The rest of the episode was good though, damn shame

Like someone else said Arrow have put themselves into a corner which they can't get out of, disbanding the league, continuous deaths and resurrections and other dumb plots have caused the writers to look like stumbling fools.
I mean the thing which annoys me the most is that Laurel can fight guys like the league who have had years of training while she literally just took boxing lesson and a few stuff of Nissa.

Right now Flash sees much more interesting.
I've been here way too long...
Apr 10, 2016 11:57 AM

Apr 2011
TheConquerer said:
yhunata said:

They literally made

Yeah, that was a rather disgusting move by the writer. Use the death of a beloved character to try to please the shippers, which is why the bloody thing has been waning in quality in the first place. Also, about Flash, I heard Barry is set to make an appearance next episode.
Apr 10, 2016 12:01 PM

May 2014
yhunata said:
TheConquerer said:

They literally made

Yeah, that was a rather disgusting move by the writer. Use the death of a beloved character to try to please the shippers, which is why the bloody thing has been waning in quality in the first place. Also, about Flash, I heard Barry is set to make an appearance next episode.

After seeing Ms.Bees manage to take on Oliver I guess maybe another Flash villain will make an appearance and Barry will step in to help. It should be interesting to see I guess.
Apr 10, 2016 12:06 PM

Apr 2011
TheConquerer said:
yhunata said:

After seeing Ms.Bees manage to take on Oliver I guess maybe another Flash villain will make an appearance and Barry will step in to help. It should be interesting to see I guess.

Interesting to see? It's probably gonna be the best thing about the damn episode, because you can be damn certain the next episode is gonna filled with drama.
Apr 10, 2016 1:39 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, the Arrow ep... I didn't expect it. I dunno how I feel, but damn writers, didn't except it.

LOT is so much better when Captain Cold, HeatWave and Sara on screen. They deserve their own show. Savage and Kendra suck and bring it down, but still decent and entertaining show.
Apr 10, 2016 1:48 PM

Apr 2011
Soul-Master said:
Wow, the Arrow ep... I didn't expect it. I dunno how I feel, but damn writers, didn't except it.

LOT is so much better when Captain Cold, HeatWave and Sara on screen. They deserve their own show. Savage and Kendra suck and bring it down, but still decent and entertaining show.

The guy who plays Savage makes a good villain, but barely anything is being done with Savage. Instead, they keep playing around with other things.
Apr 12, 2016 3:11 AM

Aug 2013
TheConquerer said:

I mean the thing which annoys me the most is that Laurel can fight guys like the league who have had years of training while she literally just took boxing lesson and a few stuff of Nissa.
Nyssa is high tier in the league since she is Ras daughter and so training from her would put you at least on the same level as a normal league member. People are always like oh my God Laurel just became super strong and defeated so much enemies but that's pure myth. In season 3 she got her ass handed to her constantly. As Black Canary she was first getting beat up by normal thugs and needed saving from Roy, help from Nyssa to defeat a thug, she got drugged with vertigo and beaten and in the Nanda Parbat fight Malcom had to save her from a league member.

@1:51

yhunata said:
Use the death of a beloved character to try to please the shippers.
I think the ship has sailed for that ship. Legends of Tomorrow has been hinting that they never get back together since Felicity seems to have completely devoted herself to Palmer Tech. After what has happened I can see Oliver pushing her away to protect her and in season 5 Curtis is supposed to become a regular on the team so I don't think she might even go back to being part of the team.
DrGeroCreationApr 12, 2016 3:28 AM
Apr 12, 2016 10:58 AM
Jun 2014
Ever since Olicity started, Arrow started to go down the drain. The bad writing, pointless characters and the irrelevant episodes are ruining season 4.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Apr 12, 2016 11:29 AM

Apr 2011
Unknown- said:
Ever since Olicity started, Arrow started to go down the drain. The bad writing, pointless characters and the irrelevant episodes are ruining season 4.

Don't forget ruining a good character in Felicity. Wow, her character just went straight down the drain the moment Olicity started in season 3.
Apr 12, 2016 12:16 PM

Aug 2013
yhunata said:
Unknown- said:

Don't forget ruining a good character in Felicity. Wow, her character just went straight down the drain the moment Olicity started in season 3.
She needed some character development at that point considering before she always was just a overly energetic tech girl secretly in love with Oliver, there was nothing else to her character. Her personality becoming more serious in season 3 to me reflected the dire situation Oliver was in and Oliver's allegiance with Malcom causing friction within the team. I think though that could have still been accomplished without any need for her and Oliver becoming a couple. Olicity was pretty unnecessary. What happened to her in season 4 would have also been a lot better without the relationship drama.
. The episode where she simultaneously walked again and broke up was like the worst ending for an episode. Minus the relationship drama I liked how in season 3&4 she was actually given a backstory , you actually see her suffer ,feel insecure, her latent "evil side" shown, have internal conflict. It helped to flesh out her character more from the one dimensional type of character she had before.
DrGeroCreationApr 12, 2016 12:23 PM
Apr 12, 2016 12:27 PM
Jun 2014
Her relationship with Oliver was just so sudden, there were no hints off traction from Oliver, that's what bothers me about the whole relationship. Well that and Oliver is always the punch bag for Felicity now.
Apr 12, 2016 12:32 PM

Aug 2013
She always had a crush on him but yeah Oliver never really seemed to be into her relationship wise. It's only after that whole ordeal with Slade that they started pushing that.
Apr 21, 2016 2:01 AM

Apr 2011
Seriously, Barry? Did you think he was just gonna let you guys go? Damn though, Zoom is one crazy, evil bastard.
Apr 21, 2016 6:33 AM

Jul 2013
I absolutely loved Teddy Sears in this episode. That smug he had... it suited his character perfectly.
Too bad that the ending had to dirty what had been a fantastic episode. I guess I understand that they can't defeat the villain this early in the season but forcing stupidity on the characters... sight, I wish there was another way.
Apr 21, 2016 1:56 PM

Aug 2013
LOL really Flash? I swear Barry is like the dumbest, most gullible guy in the CW verse. Ollie even though he holds back sometimes would never willingly completely give in to a main villain's demands without some kind of backup plan. Even when he was completely cornered by Ras in season 3 and it seemed he had completely given in he was playing Ras .

Barry was just so damn stupid in this episode I mean
To make things worst I saw a clip from the Supergirl crossover where he (Barry) throws lightning at Livewire. LOL throwing lightning at someone who absorbs and controls electricity. Is this guy really a scientist?
DrGeroCreationApr 21, 2016 1:59 PM
Apr 21, 2016 2:10 PM

Dec 2012
Barry has always been stupid and gullible tbh. Can't remember a single moment where he acted smart. Even the last episode, he went back in time and nearly made everything worse. I'm starting to really dislike him, frankly I'm starting to dislike the whole show, there have been more cringe-bad than good recently. Along with those long breaks..

I hate that zoom took Catlin. It's so predictable, they are gonna connect his humanity to her, and he will keep her around and lose because of it. Meh. Catlin is such a garbage character with a terrible actress.

Though one thing they are doing right is the masked man. I hope that doesn't turn out to be a disappointment. Zoom implied that he is definitely not another version of him.
I really think he is

But another good question besides the identity is why is Zoom keeping him mask?
tsudecimoApr 21, 2016 2:13 PM
Apr 27, 2016 5:38 AM

Dec 2012
After the latest episode of Flash. It seems strongly hinted at that
Apr 27, 2016 5:44 AM

Nov 2011
Nah, the masked Prisoner is obviously the original Jay Garrick.

Apr 28, 2016 4:28 AM

Apr 2011
tsudecimo said:

Speaking on Legends of Tomorrow, the latest episode was rather good, but it still seems to me like they're trying to do too much with too little episodes. They should've gone for either Savage or the Time Masters this season. Going for both hasn't been doing them any favors.

EDIT: Just watched the latest episode of arrow... why? Why are you starting this shit again? Just let it die. Please, just let this stupid olicity bullshit die.
yhunataApr 28, 2016 6:48 AM
May 1, 2016 10:35 AM

Apr 2011
Anyone getting tired of this stupid romance subplot in Legends of Tomorrow? They just had to go and make it that much worse in this week's episode.

I sear, who is writing this shit?
May 1, 2016 10:39 AM

Dec 2012
@yhunata
Haha. The romance in these CW shows are so painfully bad..

One of the reasons why I dropped Arrow is because I didn't want to deal with the romance subplots.
May 1, 2016 10:48 AM

Apr 2011
@tsudecimo I honestly want to drop Arrow, because it's so goddamn bad lately, but I know episode eight of each season of Arrow/Flash will be crossover episodes and so I can't drop it because of that. I've heard Felicity will be gone and that other guy (forgot his name) will replace her in the team, so hopefully Arrow will get better.
May 4, 2016 1:04 AM

Apr 2011
Wait...... what?
May 4, 2016 3:11 AM

Aug 2013
There's no way that

Also I'm pretty sure
May 4, 2016 3:43 AM

Dec 2012
yhunata said:
Wait...... what?

They already ruined it with next week PV.

Show is getting cluttered
May 4, 2016 7:02 AM

Apr 2011
CornrowKenny said:
There's no way that

tsudecimo said:
They already ruined it with next week PV.

Show is getting cluttered

I think this was one time they could've gone without a PV, though comic readers likely would've figured it out immediately.

May 4, 2016 11:17 AM

Aug 2013
yhunata said:
CornrowKenny said:
There's no way that

May 4, 2016 11:47 AM

Apr 2011
CornrowKenny said:
yhunata said:

May 4, 2016 12:37 PM

May 2014
tsudecimo said:
After the latest episode of Flash. It seems strongly hinted at that

I actually the fact that they seem to be going down that road, it all feels so forced and unnecessary

May 4, 2016 10:46 PM

Apr 2011
Why do they keep forcing this Olicity thing? Please, just let it go. Also, what was the point of
And then there was another pointless character who got introduced and then discarded, because fuck you.
May 4, 2016 11:01 PM

Apr 2016
I also don't like this Wally. It is forced and nothing like the character we know and love.

@yhunata

I think they did it to set up another character for the future...who is probably going to lose a limb or become paralyzed. If not that, it was incredibly stupid of them...
RhaeserysMay 8, 2016 4:44 PM

"Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."
May 5, 2016 1:21 AM

Aug 2013
This week's episode of Arrow was really great and better than the Flash episode. Didn't think a guy like Diggle would have the balls to actually do what had to be done. Felicity also wasn't annoying or bitchy this episode. Damn Darhk with a typical Vandal Savage type of plan.

yhunata said:
Why do they keep forcing this Olicity thing? Please, just let it go. Also, what was the point of
And then there was another pointless character who got introduced and then discarded, because fuck you.
Does it really matter now when she is cool with everything and not on Oliver's back anymore about his
Plus there was like no strong focus on romance between them and it wasn't shown that they are a couple again. No offense but you just seem to be looking for any excuse to complain about Felicity/Olicity now. It was to show Darhk 's initial threat to Oliver's friends and for her to face an obstacle to overcome. If she hadn't been
there would have never been that episode where she faced and overcame her inner self (past self). How do you know the character was discarded and will not make any other appearances?

.....................................................................................

This week's episode of Flash was kind of meh. Zoom is just jeopardizing things by
. Even if he still wanted her alive he could have just left her back in earth 2. Having her in Earth 1 is a big liability. It's also major PIS and plot armor how
Darhk sees Oliver as more of a pest or obstacle getting in the way of his plan yet he straight up tries to suck all the life from him whenever he gets in his way. Zoom is basically setting up his own failure by taking things easy.

The end of the episode and the preview of episode 21 basically gives you how Zoom will be defeated.
DrGeroCreationMay 5, 2016 2:41 AM
May 5, 2016 1:40 AM

Nov 2011
First Zoom was like 'OMG they are gonna give the Flash his speed back! I have to stop them!"

Then "Lmao you guys suck, you killed him lol."

May 5, 2016 2:06 AM

Aug 2013
KaiserNazrin said:
First Zoom was like 'OMG they are gonna give the Flash his speed back! I have to stop them!"

Then "Lmao you guys suck, you killed him lol."
The joke is going to be on him by episode 22 .
May 8, 2016 5:57 AM

Apr 2011
So... lemme get this straight:

@DrGeroCreation I was waiting until I watched LoT before answering that and now that I have; First off, episode 20 of Arrow was certainly better than the previous episode, but it was, by no means, "great". And no, it's not cool just because she's not bitching about William, because her character has already been torn to shreds and nothing they're doing is creating any sort of redemption for her and trying to force Olcity back after 11:59 doesn't help.
And as for that episode, what was the point of it? She just, all of a sudden, has fears that she's not useful to the team? Seriously, you're really accepting this bullshit? And honestly, everything that woman did could've easily been achieved by... I dunno, Constantine almost 15 episodes ago.
May 8, 2016 6:32 AM
Jun 2014
yhunata said:
So... lemme get this straight:

Yep, I only follow The Flash now, Arrow has gone down the drain and Legends of Tomorrow isn't that amazing. Savage respawning gets boring fast.
May 9, 2016 3:23 PM

Aug 2013
yhunata said:
I was waiting until I watched LoT before answering that and now that I have; First off, episode 20 of Arrow was certainly better than the previous episode, but it was, by no means, "great". And no, it's not cool just because she's not bitching about William, because her character has already been torn to shreds and nothing they're doing is creating any sort of redemption for her and trying to force Olcity back after 11:59 doesn't help.
And as for that episode, what was the point of it? She just, all of a sudden, has fears that she's not useful to the team? Seriously, you're really accepting this bullshit? And honestly, everything that woman did could've easily been achieved by... I dunno, Constantine almost 15 episodes ago.
Thought Legends of Tomorrow was on a break, I haven' t watched it in a while. It being great or not is a matter of opinion obviously. I found it great because Diggle finally did what had to be done, Darhk's plan was finally revealed and Ollie now has a fighting chance against Darkh instead of being powerless against him. Torn to pieces because she didn't just stay the flat/one dimensional/static always smiling, super talkative tech girl? Felicity has been transformed from a flat character to a dynamic character. Just because they are talking again doesn't mean Olicity is back. The fears were brought on by her being
and messing up throughout the episode thus making her think she is useless. That was clearly shown throughout the episode. Yes I'm accepting internal struggle being presented to develop a character. How? If Constantine could have done it then why did he specifically send Ollie to her?
May 10, 2016 10:48 PM

Dec 2012
Man the acting and dialogue this ep was even more cringe than usual.

I think I will just wait till this season ends completely. If nothing else I'm sure they won't fuck up the finale.
May 11, 2016 9:35 AM

Aug 2013
This weeks episode of Flash was pretty bad and I was excited to watch it. They could've done better honestly.

May 11, 2016 12:03 PM

Aug 2013
This week's episode of Flash was super boring. Damn I now remembered that in Crisis on Infinite Earths the Golden Age characters were from Earth 2 so KaiserNazrin is most likely right about the man in the iron mask.

Hoping by the last episode we can finally see the Flash teamup against Zoom

CornrowKenny said:

It felt like a waste of time too, as if just to draw out the episode.
DrGeroCreationMay 11, 2016 12:07 PM
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» BEST WEEZER SONG???

removed-user - Jan 29

5 by Eternal_Rest »»
1 hour ago

» What sort of songs do you listen to ? ( 1 2 )

scarydragon - Aug 1, 2023

52 by Eternal_Rest »»
1 hour ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7586 by juanlqr »»
4 hours ago

» hardcore/skramz/emo/metalcore/post-hardcore/post-metal/blackened/crust

bloodecho - Feb 14

31 by Mattenan »»
10 hours ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

3 by Theo1899 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.