Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 6, 2014 3:19 PM

Jun 2011
So how do you deal with the hatebase? As it stands, they're worse than the fanbase they've been targeting day by day. It doesn't help that a huge part of them don't even count as "uber elitists" and just drink on the hatearade.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 7, 2014 6:02 AM

Mar 2014
How i deal with the hatebase?
Always remember that there is also the SAO lovers behind ur back which will never abandon one of our SAO lovers comrades.
Oh and just remember SAO is pretty much black and white,there are people that will say it is damn good.At the same time there will also be people that say SAO is a piece of shit.U either take a stand on it being damn good or bad.
Hope that helps lol
Nov 7, 2014 3:15 PM

Mar 2013
For everything, there are lovers and haters.
To keep it short, you take one side and give 0 fucks about the other. That's how it always is.
Nov 8, 2014 7:44 AM

Jan 2014
just use this:

if he still shittalks, then you use this:

And do not forget, that those guys like to show off, but they are minority, indeed. Haters or those who wants to show their frustration, or those who like to show their supposed intelligence - "pretentious guys", or those who satisfies when other people suffer, they simply like to show off, since normal, ordinary and wise people do not need to show how "long is their penis". Even more, they do not waste time for nonsense :)

Scientists proved, that "trolls" are usually people who has sadistic manners in real life, in other words, they satisfy when others are irritated or suffering. Since in internet people are anonymic, "incognito", it's their best place to grandstand. :) So honestly the best solution is to merely ignore them. ^^
Nov 8, 2014 1:42 PM

May 2010
I usually try to ignore them, dismissing them as griefers or trolls who just want the attention. I mean if they hate the show so much, why do they bother following it to begin with? Seriously people wtf? Then theres the ones who wanna keep complaining that the only good part was Such and such arc and wanna moan and groan about how all others fail and should never have been animated. Really seemed to go into full gear with the Calibur arc (which i kinda liked and wished they'd have made longer but oh well.)

But all in all, If you hate the show, thats fine, its all up to you and your personal preference, the same as if you like the show. Just don't sit and belittle those who do like it just to make yourselves feel more self important.
Nov 9, 2014 5:30 PM

Jun 2011
Yeah, that's what I thought about some of them, but I look back at their lists and they rate shows of the same level or even lower than SAO as higher and I just tilt my head in confusion. There's also a few of those who share my tastes for the most part who absolutely loathe it. Granted, I'm not exactly the biggest fan of the adaptation (the LN's as in most cases are better.) but to dismiss the entire thing as utter trash when there's way worse out there is a clear sign they're new to anime in general. I guess it's the Naruto effect at work.

As an aside, it's a bit hard to find people who are in the middle in regards to this series like me. I feel like the minority.

F_E_A_R said:
For everything, there are lovers and haters.
To keep it short, you take one side and give 0 fucks about the other. That's how it always is.

Hard to do that when they love to spread the hate and shove it down others' throats, from the seemingly "eloquent" and "refined" elitist to the outright troll. These guys come in all colors.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Nov 16, 2014 10:55 AM
Nov 2014
Most of us, the audience of the SAO are gamers, even though we may not all play mmorpgs day and night, we like the system in mmorpgs so we didnt just watched the SAO for its plot but also for the setting, but some people couldnt bare that a just newly came out anime passed their favourite animes in terms of attention so they started to underestimate the anime to feel different from others and their hatred supported this action.But one shall not forget that the most difficult thing in this world is to trying to change someone's ideas, which are unwilling to change their ideas.
Nov 26, 2014 12:05 PM
Apr 2014
Well, I could understand it, that if somebody doesn't get attached to the idea about a game turning into real life and the whole story itself, he could easily get distracted by the short time they spend in that universe and the speed in which the story develops, so fast that the first death is nearly uninteresting, while being shown very flashy..

SAO is simply breaking too fast with the concept itself and the stereotypes could be possible too high at the beginning, and some people expect animes to be something that isn't really like an anime at all, in my opinion. ( don't get me wrong, I love SAO, hard enough to oversee all those problems/flaws )

While I'm simply ignoring them or showing them how great SAO is, I'm simply overwhelmed how big and great SAO does have to be, that all of these people are spending their time to show us their opinion about SAO, also the negative ones, maybe some of them don't like this imaginary mirror of personality.
Apr 1, 2016 1:47 PM

Jul 2014
I usually type my frustrations out into a word document until I calm down, or disprove some of the more popular criticisms(ALO's "incest", no character development/characterization, shit-loads of fan service that measure up to an ecchi anime) through posts on my personal blog. I don't see a point in trying to legitimately discuss in real time with them online since they usually resort to name-calling the second I even mention the name, and I don't want to deal with that.

Besides that, I usually just ignore them and, if I have the option, block them on the off chance they'll give me hell for daring to have a positive opinion on it, and so I don't have to see the crap they're saying.

And if any of their posts get to me enough, I usually go back to this post on my personal blog to remind myself "Yep, most of their claims have been bullshit and backed-up by next to nothing".
If most toxic anime fans' criteria and standards for considering problematic instances in anime "acceptable" were made into books, they'd be full of plot holes.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Would you be in SAO?

Gab98 - Oct 12, 2014

6 by red1130 »»
May 2, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Which Fight Was Your Favorite?

AreCue15 - Apr 12, 2013

13 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:40 PM

» How did u start SAO ( 1 2 )

Voidgash - Sep 6, 2012

99 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:38 PM

» Favorite character? ( 1 2 )

ShikaruNYAPPY - Feb 21, 2016

60 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:37 PM

» are you going to use nervegear in the future? ( 1 2 )

ThatUndeadLegacy - May 13, 2014

79 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.