Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 20, 2014 1:36 AM

Nov 2013
the current score of this anime is 6.89, but compared to the reviewer i can see most of them place either 8,9 or 10 rating score.

i dont want to start wasting my time watching any anime that has less than 7 rating score, but this kind of situation sparks my interest.

can anyone explain what actually happened? should i watch this?
blitz_21xOct 20, 2014 1:39 AM
Oct 20, 2014 1:43 AM

Apr 2014
I'm completely against anime based off of romance VNs especially those that are R18 so I dropped it of course(a little late though). Expect arcs that jump between one girl and then jump to another until the anime is over. Other than that I don't quite know what to say. Sorry if that wasn't very helpful.

looket all them demons
oh boy am i scared
i better run

Oct 20, 2014 2:48 AM

Nov 2013
Neogamma said:
those that are R18

Hxste said:
sex scenes and incest in the last arc.

so from the explaination, basically this is actually a R18 rated anime with incest sex scene in it?

man, that was horrible.. i dont think i wil even watch this.
Oct 20, 2014 2:53 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I think it's good in the way that something actually HAPPENS romantically and quite a lot of in fact. It's a bit like School Days in that way except without the fucked up characters and genre deconstruction.

I'd say it's worth watching for the sake of originality at least. The only reason to avoid it is if you're one of those people who seemingly can't stand incest even in fiction.

And no it's not R18, there are sex scenes in it but they're not exactly that graphically shown. They're not any more explicit than any sex scene you'll find in your average Hollywood film or similar.
Oct 20, 2014 2:57 AM

Sep 2012
For a hentai, it's really damn good.

For a romance, it was ok. It had really great atmosphere, took the incest seriously like people would in real life (which created actual drama and conflict), had great music, and looked good.
Oct 20, 2014 4:22 AM

Nov 2013
HaXXspetten said:
I think it's good in the way that something actually HAPPENS romantically and quite a lot of in fact. It's a bit like School Days in that way except without the fucked up characters and genre deconstruction.

I'd say it's worth watching for the sake of originality at least. The only reason to avoid it is if you're one of those people who seemingly can't stand incest even in fiction.

And no it's not R18, there are sex scenes in it but they're not exactly that graphically shown. They're not any more explicit than any sex scene you'll find in your average Hollywood film or similar.

instead of the fucked up school days, can i compare it to White Album 2 anime? it should be almost similar but with better character.

btw, actually i dont mind incest. as long as there is no excessive sex scene among sibling it should be fine. I might start to watch this tonight. Arigatou minna!
Oct 20, 2014 4:32 AM

Jun 2009
I thought it was terrible. So, yeah...

The being said it was actually quite entertaining after I stopped taking it seriously. Making fun of it was...well, fun.
grandy_UiDOct 20, 2014 4:41 AM
Oct 20, 2014 5:28 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
blitz_21x said:
HaXXspetten said:

instead of the fucked up school days, can i compare it to White Album 2 anime? it should be almost similar but with better character.
ehh I've been avoiding the WA2 anime in anticipation of the visual novel to get translated so I can't really answer that, sorry :s
Oct 20, 2014 5:37 AM

Jul 2013
Just watch Koi Kaze if you want a show with a realistic take on incest, without fanservice.
Oct 20, 2014 5:43 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Guriffisu said:
Just watch Koi Kaze if you want a show with a realistic take on incest, without fanservice.
nothing wrong with fanservice when it's about wincest ^///^
Oct 20, 2014 6:37 AM

Aug 2014
I think this anime still worth to watching.
Oct 20, 2014 3:20 PM

Jul 2014
If you can't stand omnibus format ala Amagami SS, then its not worth your time.
Oct 20, 2014 5:25 PM

Sep 2008
This is one of the best below-7 shows on MAL out of the ones I've seen.

Just go watch one episode. If you like the atmosphere, setting, style, soundtrack etc of the show, then you'll probably like the whole thing. Also expect to see a bunch of sex scenes throughout the show.
Oct 25, 2014 6:45 PM

Sep 2014
I totally can't understand the low rating. Graphics were cool, music was superb, and the story itself is very good too, imo. People are probably turned off by the fact it's based on a VN and there are 4 different stories, but if you think of them separately they are pretty nice, and the one with Sora is pretty awesome actually. You can think of it as a short, 5-episodes series, which (imo) deserve bit more than below 7 average score.
ImaishiOct 26, 2014 2:45 AM
Oct 25, 2014 6:46 PM

Jul 2012
Do you like incest? Do you like harems? If you say no to any of those, you probably won't like this.

Watch it for the lols if you can handle the sex scenes.

Hxste said:
People were probably turned off by the sex scenes and incest in the last arc. I personally thought it was decent for a short VN adaption.

I was turned off by the bad story telling.
Oct 25, 2014 6:48 PM

Apr 2013
Red_Keys said:
For a hentai, it's really damn good.

For a romance, it was ok. It had really great atmosphere, took the incest seriously like people would in real life (which created actual drama and conflict), had great music, and looked good.
^This.

The quality of the romance varied in each arc, from great to meh. The series' greatest flaw is it's lack of focus on one particular relationship, but it does a decent job despite the lack of episodes.

Most people are probably turned off by the sex scenes and incest. It's score is not very representative of it's quality imo.
Oct 25, 2014 7:01 PM

Nov 2012
I always need to laugh when people say the sex scenes actually put his effort in the story. And they are right it could be. But not in this case. In this anime it was just plain retarded and more horny focused. Things like f*cking further when your sister is wachting is like a top of the flaws. That people can't even see this anime is not a good one, really pains me. Of course the art and such looked good enough but people should not be so fast deceived. This anime was hella bad and they probably know it them self's if they would think realistic for once.
Oct 25, 2014 7:07 PM

Apr 2013
johnyjohny said:
I always need to laugh when people say the sex scenes actually put his effort in the story. And they are right it could be. But not in this case. In this anime it was just plain retarded and more horny focused. Things like f*cking further when your sister is wachting is like a top of the flaws. That people can't even see this anime is not a good one, really pains me. Of course the art and such looked good enough but people should not be so fast deceived. This anime was hella bad and they probably know it them self's if they would think realistic for once.
You could literally whittle down this whole paragraph into "the sex scenes and anime were bad" and "the people who liked this are stupid" and not lose any meaning.

give legitimate criticisms.
Oct 25, 2014 7:10 PM
Feb 2014
its amusing to watch, not in the way that its a good anime but that it has its moments of unintentional humour. also the extra story after the credits is amusing.
its a good anime to recommend to people who have no clue on whats it is about.
I only read books i have already read
Oct 25, 2014 7:10 PM

Dec 2012
mayukachan said:
Do you like incest? Do you like harems? If you say no to any of those, you probably won't like this.
I don't mind incest but now that I've heard it's a harem I'm not so sure. I thought it was just centered around the siblings.
Oct 25, 2014 7:12 PM

Apr 2013
rothrock said:
mayukachan said:
I don't mind incest but now that I've heard it's a harem I'm not so sure. I thought it was just centered around the siblings.
It's not a really harem. The anime is divided into several story arcs, one involving a different girl. It's like playing a VN and restarting after you finish a route. In each arc, the events of the previous arcs never happened, so it's like a bunch of 'what if he decided to go out with this girl' stories.
Oct 25, 2014 7:12 PM

Jul 2012
rothrock said:
mayukachan said:

basically, he dates one girl for a few episodes and then it resets as if he never dated her. he dates the next girl and then repeat until the second last arc where it transitions into the incest arc.
Oct 25, 2014 7:49 PM

Dec 2012
Cupquake said:
It's not a really harem. The anime is divided into several story arcs, one involving a different girl. It's like playing a VN and restarting after you finish a route. In each arc, the events of the previous arcs never happened, so it's like a bunch of 'what if he decided to go out with this girl' stories.
mayukachan said:
Basically, he dates one girl for a few episodes and then it resets as if he never dated her. he dates the next girl and then repeat until the second last arc where it transitions into the incest arc.
Thanks for the info, definitely not watching it.
Jun 5, 2015 1:33 AM

May 2015
I won't watch this anime again when I saw episode 1 I kinda find it in a cryptic way so I just dropped this anime not my type :/
Jun 6, 2015 6:02 PM

Apr 2015
It was just mostly boring and hollow to me.
Jun 9, 2015 1:20 AM
Jul 2012
Sora Arc is good. The rest is meh.
Jun 28, 2015 7:24 AM

Sep 2012
johnyjohny said:

I always need to laugh at replies like these who talk about flaws this and flaws that and blah blah but when you read that again all you will see "I don't like this therefore it is bad and if people actually were like me they would've hated it."
Talking about people to think and yet can't even provide a good reasoning, smh.
Jul 3, 2015 11:54 AM
Jun 2015
I like this anime, actually I love this anime ,it is the best anime i have seen and I think everyone must watch it . AND I would also like to tell everyone that I am DYING TO SEE THE NXT SEASON.
........and for all who don't Like this anime......
GO TO HELL
Jul 13, 2015 2:04 PM
Jul 2015
It was a pretty good storyline , until the insect part . It's just not my cup of tea. But to each their own of course . I would have wanted Haru to end up with any other girl and just have a proper brother sister relationship with sora . Like help her grow etc ...
Jul 26, 2015 8:40 PM

Nov 2014
its ok

Oct 22, 2015 1:08 PM

Aug 2013
Wat? You are choosing anime by MAL score? Hahaha good joke. It works in opposite way - most of high rated shows are just a shit. Best shows usually have rating from 6-7,5.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 25, 2015 7:35 AM

Jul 2015
Jakerams said:

That's it.
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Oct 25, 2015 11:07 AM

Aug 2013
Evildragon16 said:
Jakerams said:

That's it.

I'm in total opposite. Sora = shit.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 15, 2020 2:47 AM

Aug 2017
Most of it is bad until the last few episodes. The only good things in the other episodes were the scattered ero scenes. Weak story until last 3 or 4 episodes.
Jul 12, 2021 5:48 PM

Mar 2018
This anime, along with some of those way overrated shounen trashes on top of the chart, are two of the reasons why you should never take MAL's scores seriously.
\

Jul 26, 2021 11:00 AM

Jul 2017
hainq said:
This anime, along with some of those way overrated shounen trashes on top of the chart, are two of the reasons why you should never take MAL's scores seriously.

Exactly, every time when somebody asks "Should I watch this? It has a bad rating on MAL" I remind them to look at Yosuga no Soras rating to make them understand that the rating here has no meaning, rated by mostly not very smart people.
Jul 27, 2021 7:22 AM

Sep 2020
Peak fiction I guess
Jul 27, 2021 8:16 PM

Jan 2021
It’s really not. But there are some people who can’t just shut up about how bad they think it is. Of course there are going to be some people like that. This is definitely one of the better ecchis I’ve seen. The amount of 1,2,3/10’s I’ve seen for this show is kinda funny. Ecchi is not supposed to be taken seriously, sure this show takes itself seriously, but that doesn’t mean you have to take it seriously. I’ve gotten to the point where if I see slander for this show, I just laugh at it. This is a 7/10, nothing can change my mind
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Jul 29, 2021 2:54 AM

Nov 2020
this thread is 7 years old but whatever.

Yosuga no Sora is just getting hate ratings, same as Goblin Slayer and Redo of Healer. all three of these are objecitvely good (not masterpieces tho) but people nowadays just love getting triggered by something. YnS triggered them by incest, GS by goblins raping a group of adventurers to show that the goblins are evil and RoH with torture and rape.

people can't seem to recognize reality from fiction nowadays i guess
Aug 18, 2021 2:01 PM
Aug 2021
I rated it 8. Give it a watch the first 2 episodes... By then maybe youll figure out whether to watch it more or leave it. Also the incest part only comes like at the last 2-3 episodes only.
Oct 2, 2021 3:05 PM
Dec 2018
i rated it a 4, and not because any of the sex things. it's because after 9 episodes i just could not stand listening to Sora be a whiny brat any longer. and the thought of her being the focus of all the last ones....gah.

and the MC being so indecisive, he's almost as annoying as his sister.

and, maybe the VN would be better since you follow a route for each girl instead of this chopped up mess they try to do here.
TheDeadWalkOct 2, 2021 3:09 PM
Oct 13, 2021 2:16 AM

Oct 2019
I do really like the soundtrack and the Countryside vibe in this anime. The anime is also good, i mean as a Guilty Pleasure anime.
Nov 4, 2021 4:54 PM
Jul 2020
it is the author for shaking and not those who like him
Nov 5, 2021 10:34 AM
Sep 2021
Sora's character as a whole and her route are a garbage mess. And that's yet to added incest and Haru's character in said route.
Nov 12, 2021 2:38 PM
Apr 2021
No But only the last 2 episodes are gold cuz that’s what we watched it for

More topics from this board

» Yosuga no Sora is greatly underestimated and I will prove it(The article contains a complete analysis of anime).

_User_ - Dec 29, 2021

34 by Zarutaku »»
May 6, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nozomu - Oct 18, 2010

287 by DemhatTks16 »»
Apr 11, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 6, 2010

187 by somniumnaut »»
Apr 7, 12:16 PM

» How can I add hanime in the app (Android)

Hickykissy - Mar 26

12 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 28, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dunkmaru - Dec 20, 2010

513 by Rezete_01 »»
Feb 24, 8:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.