Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 5, 2014 9:37 PM
Apr 2014
I apologize if this is in the wrong topic, this is my first post.

So I'm planning to watch the "Fate" series sometime in the future, but there's like 10 different anime/movies. I know that Fate/Zero (and it's 2nd season?) is the prequel to Fate/Stay Night and I heard that it's far better. But I don't know where Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works and Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel fits in terms of the timeline?? And I think there are two Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works as well (I might be missing more movie/shows). So I was wondering in which order I should watch them, and where each one fits on the anime's timeline...

I hope this makes sense...
serotonin? in this economy??
Oct 5, 2014 9:39 PM

Mar 2012
This thread has been made 1000 times.

Fate SN UBW and HF are just alternate versions of the same timeline.
Oct 5, 2014 11:31 PM

Mar 2013
Fate/Zero is the prequel to Fate/Stay night. Every for of Stay Night is just a different light novel route. Pretty much everything else in the series is some sort of spinoff alternate universe.

I would recommend watching Fate/Zero and then the currently airing series of Stay Night that follows Unlimited Blade Works. You can watch them in any order, but Zero is the only one done airing.

Technically you could also watch the original Stay Night but it was really pretty awful. I don't know what happens in Blade Works, but if you plan on watching the original one you need to decide which to watch first. If you watch Stay Night first, the ending to Zero will be ruined amd you will know what is going yo happen but if you watch Zero first then it will spoil the main antagonist's identity and the "plot twist" will be ruined.
KaceSpace said:
you never stated why it was ridiculous, we need trees to breath yet people take no heed, they always smoke weed.
it's your choice to make, which is worse, using paper to smoke weed or using paper to draw little girl's panties
Oct 6, 2014 1:04 AM

Apr 2012
Basically, you should start by reading the visual novel, then watch Fate/Zero. You could also try watching Unlimited Blade Works, but you should at least finish the Fate route of the Fate/Stay Night visual novel to fully understand it.
Oct 6, 2014 2:22 AM

Jul 2007
frenchtoastmafia said:
I apologize if this is in the wrong topic, this is my first post.

So I'm planning to watch the "Fate" series sometime in the future, but there's like 10 different anime/movies. I know that Fate/Zero (and it's 2nd season?) is the prequel to Fate/Stay Night and I heard that it's far better. But I don't know where Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works and Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel fits in terms of the timeline?? And I think there are two Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works as well (I might be missing more movie/shows). So I was wondering in which order I should watch them, and where each one fits on the anime's timeline...

I hope this makes sense...

Fate Stay Night tells its story via three parallel worlds covering VERY different versions of the same event. ITs essentially three very different storylines.

The PERFECT order should be:
1. Play through fate route of visual novel.
2. Watch Unlimited Blade Works anime remake that is airing now.
3. Play through heaven's feel route of visual novel.
4. Watch Fate/Zero after.
5. Wait for HF movies.

The LESS PERFECT order would be:
1. Watch UBW anime remake.
2. Watch Fate/Zero after
Oct 8, 2014 11:18 AM

Apr 2010
Thread moved

Thread moved to the Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works board.
Jun 7, 2015 7:58 AM
Jun 2015
I am a bit confused about the meaning of the scene where Archer is standing on top of a hill presumably of sword victims and he's just sitting there...they've shown this scene several times already , and I'm curious what is he supposed to be thinking about and why is this scene so important that they've a shown it several times already when ever someone thinks of Archer even though he's dead.? and Also the whole idea of the grail is a bit confusing to me. I really liked Fate/Zero quite a bit better. The fight scenes between the Kiritsugu and the assasin priest Kirei. As well as the fact that I grew to like the character of Rider and his heroic noble spirit.
I think they could of made an entire anime about the cryptic old grandfather with his basement of worms!
Sep 21, 2015 2:05 AM

Jul 2007
weisersteve said:
I am a bit confused about the meaning of the scene where Archer is standing on top of a hill presumably of sword victims and he's just sitting there...they've shown this scene several times already , and I'm curious what is he supposed to be thinking about and why is this scene so important that they've a shown it several times already when ever someone thinks of Archer even though he's dead.?

ITs the representation of his conflict in his mind . A reality marble is literal embodiment of one's mindset and in this case, for Archer it represents his ideal and what it became - a barren broken wasteland.

Also the whole idea of the grail is a bit confusing to me.

A Grail War is a A ritual to create a wish-granting device.
A Grail is a wish granting device.
What's so confusing?
As well as the fact that I grew to like the character of Rider and his heroic noble spirit.

Except that Zero rider was anything but noble?

I think they could of made an entire anime about the cryptic old grandfather with his basement of worms!

But you are not supposed to know he even exists.
May 23, 2016 6:39 PM
May 2016
For all of you who are wondering what to watch first here is have it goes...
Watch Fate/Zero the prequel to Fate/Stay night. Fate/Zero follows the tale of the 9th Holy grail war and the life's of the parents of the kids in Fate/Stay night. Not saying that you have to watch the anime's in this order but you mite find it more useful and easier to understand if you watch it this way.
Jun 3, 2016 9:27 PM
Jun 2016
I've been watching vanguard and I've caught and want to watch the fate series, but I don't know the the timeline and I want to watch them in order. So, can someone tell me the order?
Sep 12, 2016 5:58 AM
Sep 2016
OverlordMastema said:
Fate/Zero is the prequel to Fate/Stay night. Every for of Stay Night is just a different light novel route. Pretty much everything else in the series is some sort of spinoff alternate universe.

I would recommend watching Fate/Zero and then the currently airing series of Stay Night that follows Unlimited Blade Works. You can watch them in any order, but Zero is the only one done airing.

Technically you could also watch the original Stay Night but it was really pretty awful. I don't know what happens in Blade Works, but if you plan on watching the original one you need to decide which to watch first. If you watch Stay Night first, the ending to Zero will be ruined amd you will know what is going yo happen but if you watch Zero first then it will spoil the main antagonist's identity and the "plot twist" will be ruined.

Wait I watched Fate night and what should I watch next like I really love fate and watched aloy of amv about it and it looks even better I am so confused what to watch srsly help if your still alive plz
Sep 12, 2016 7:19 PM

Sep 2014
JohnAnimeMan said:
OverlordMastema said:

Wait I watched Fate night and what should I watch next like I really love fate and watched aloy of amv about it and it looks even better I am so confused what to watch srsly help if your still alive plz
you just watched FSN 2006? then go straight into UBW by UFOtable.... as that is the proper order as if you were reading fate. one of the problems w/ Deen stay night 2006 is that it tried to shove scenes from UBW into it so a number of scenes from ubw will look like it from fate when it actually isnt... like the hwole caster arc in the 2006 anime didnt happen in the fate storyline. they most likely just did it so they could include as much content as they can fit considering they were only doing the stand alone
Sep 12, 2016 7:38 PM
Sep 2016
Maloghurst said:
JohnAnimeMan said:

you just watched FSN 2006? then go straight into UBW by UFOtable.... as that is the proper order as if you were reading fate. one of the problems w/ Deen stay night 2006 is that it tried to shove scenes from UBW into it so a number of scenes from ubw will look like it from fate when it actually isnt... like the hwole caster arc in the 2006 anime didnt happen in the fate storyline. they most likely just did it so they could include as much content as they can fit considering they were only doing the stand alone

Wait so ur saying that there is 2 differect UB? I am watching in kissanime.to so I was wondering which I was going to watch so I go straight to ub now? But what about zero?
Sep 12, 2016 8:09 PM

Sep 2014
JohnAnimeMan said:
Maloghurst said:

Wait so ur saying that there is 2 differect UB? I am watching in kissanime.to so I was wondering which I was going to watch so I go straight to ub now? But what about zero?
there is the UBW movie by studio DEEN and there's the UBW anime by UFOable...you would say it's better to watch the 27 episode considering that even with the episode count of the anime they still had to cut chunks of content just to even fit it into their runtime...compared to the entire story shoved into a single movie. they're arguably roughly similar quality in terms of adaptation (though UFO has the obviously superior animation)....

Fate/zero is a prequel dude(hence zero even being in the title....)...it was meant to be gone through after fate/stay night. every series with "fate/stay night" in the title is an adaptation from 1 novel broken down between multiple anime. watching fate then zero then ubw would be like reading through the first 3rd of a novel stopping, reading it's prequel, then reading the rest of the novel...said prequel is gonna give you plot threads that you werent even suppose to be thinking about anyways. idealy in terms of anime you go Fate(2006)>UBW>Heaven's Feel this makes up fate/stay night. then watch F/Z. this is as both authors had intended when they wrote them. Heaven's feel is going to be adapted into a movie trilogy and will beging being released next year...so if your not patient and dont care about (at this point after UBW) a few spoilers then go ahead and watch zero.
Sep 18, 2016 4:06 PM
Sep 2016
I am a new die hard fan. I loved Fate Stay Night and Fate Zero and I would like to continue the series. Can anyone offer me of any help of how to continue. I am in the United States and I could really use some help from anyone??? My email is joshuamaziarz22@gmail.com thank you my fellow anime fanatics :)
Sep 18, 2016 8:20 PM

Sep 2014
Nero232 said:
I am a new die hard fan. I loved Fate Stay Night and Fate Zero and I would like to continue the series. Can anyone offer me of any help of how to continue. I am in the United States and I could really use some help from anyone??? My email is joshuamaziarz22@gmail.com thank you my fellow anime fanatics :)
wait so you went though the entire fate/stay night? or did you only go through the anime? if so which ones? Fate/stay night in it's entirety hasnt been animated yet.

if you've gone through the ENTIRE fate/stay night and f/z then you read fate/hollow ataraxia you also have a bunch of other material that isnt animated you you like to read....i would suggest reading the F/SN VN if you havent yet as well. loads of world building and characterisation missing from the anime

More topics from this board

» Movie Vs. Anime

TheOmniPantheon - Jan 18

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Jan 21, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Faust721 - Jan 23, 2010

541 by nanajp »»
Dec 1, 2023 7:17 PM

» Should I watch this before the TV series?

Potchy - Sep 7, 2016

6 by user16726985 »»
Sep 3, 2023 8:28 PM

» Do i need to watch it?

Zeroth_JK - Sep 23, 2021

5 by tadaimaa »»
Jul 26, 2022 5:22 PM

» how the f does...(spoilers)

kaena - Dec 3, 2011

17 by theangelsweep »»
Mar 11, 2019 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.